Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    my seats are $295 each i own 4. have you seen the prices of seats on stubhub and craigslist etc? they arent going up anytime soon its bad out there.
    You are right it is bad. I just checked Season Ticket Rights.com and there are a ton of PSls for sale. Most are well below face value. Sucks, I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You are right it is bad. I just checked Season Ticket Rights.com and there are a ton of PSls for sale. Most are well below face value. Sucks, I feel for you.
    im thinking take the $25k and run. im not really happy with the seats anyway for the money. if i wasnt able to write off the loss i wouldnt do it.

Why dont you just sell off the rest of the season, keep the PSLs, and look to move them in the off season. Take some time and put them on the market, I doubt you will get less than 25k if you wait.
    I'm with sec101row23 - if you're the kind of guy who can toss around $60k for seats, afford 4*10*$295 for seats plus parking, etc...and then be willing to take a massive loss after a couple day discussion on JI, then I bet you can afford to just sit back and wait at least until the end of the year. The seats are paid for, and in this case I think the lazy route is the best one. Enjoy the nice seats and watch this circus unfold. Then reevaluate in the off season. Maybe Tebow will save the Franchise and you can sell to Jesus, who just mentioned he doesn't have PSLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I'm with sec101row23 - if you're the kind of guy who can toss around $60k for seats, afford 4*10*$295 for seats plus parking, etc...and then be willing to take a massive loss after a couple day discussion on JI, then I bet you can afford to just sit back and wait at least until the end of the year. The seats are paid for, and in this case I think the lazy route is the best one. Enjoy the nice seats and watch this circus unfold. Then reevaluate in the off season. Maybe Tebow will save the Franchise and you can sell to Jesus, who just mentioned he doesn't have PSLs.
    i made an impulse buy after sitting in the upper deck for years. i had the money the time was right. the $25k isnt gonna make or break me but i see jets tix stock dwindling and fast. i can rebuy upper deck seats or cherry pick off stubhub. im going to counter offer with $30k and see where it goes.

i made an impulse buy after sitting in the upper deck for years. i had the money the time was right. the $25k isnt gonna make or break me but i see jets tix stock dwindling and fast. i can rebuy upper deck seats or cherry pick off stubhub. im going to counter offer with $30k and see where it goes.
    Good luck! Was just throwing in my 2 cents. Here are 2 more - if you sell these seats, I wouldn't bother committing to UD season tix now. This is a buyers' market, and as folks are pointing out seats in many sections are selling for below face value. Why get out of one commitment only to get into another? If you sell your PSLs, just buy individual games this year, sit where you want, and reevaluate in the off season

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Good luck! Was just throwing in my 2 cents. Here are 2 more - if you sell these seats, I wouldn't bother committing to UD season tix now. This is a buyers' market, and as folks are pointing out seats in many sections are selling for below face value. Why get out of one commitment only to get into another? If you sell your PSLs, just buy individual games this year, sit where you want, and reevaluate in the off season
    thats sounds like solid advice thanks and i appreciate it. the realization is im not going to recoup my initial $60k investment. and im looking to get out. i dont like the new stadium. if they agree to $30k im gonna tell them to get my check ready tomorrow afternoon when i deliver the tickets and psl agreement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Unless you are a buyer.......

GO TIGERS.

BTW..got tix for UWV vs Oklahomamnext month. nephew is at West Vrginia engineering school.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

im thinking take the $25k and run. im not really happy with the seats anyway for the money. if i wasnt able to write off the loss i wouldnt do it.
    That's not the play.

Short-term I: You sell your gameday tickets for the rest of the season. You'll lose a little on 4 games, make good money on 2 games, break even.

Short-term II: You continue to sell your gameday tickets for the next few seasons starting in May, sell all 10 games as a bundle, maximize what you can from the elite contests.

Long-Term: You wait until the Jets are good again, wait for them to eke out a wildcard berth under a new head coach with a young up-and-coming roster. At that time, with positive Jets momentum in the ticket market, you sell your PSL's for exactly what you paid for them.

This will take 3-5 years but if you're patient you'll wind up break-even. You'll make a bit on your PSL's, you'll lose a bit on your gameday tickets, it'll be a wash. You don't want to take a bath right now. It's foolish. You were expecting to be out of that money for 30 years. Year 3 has just started.

SAR I

This is an interesting thread

I remember back in the day how all the homers would gush about how "great" it was going to be that you could give woody big bucks to watch his team. I remember how the homers said that the PSL's was a fair way of getting seats back from the "bad" generation of season ticket holders that hogged them all up. I remember how "great" the stadium would be, the respect we would have for not playing in the G house. I remember how arrogent the high rollers were, claiming that its a free market and if you cant afford 10k for seats then that is just tough luck.

Now, years later, our team sucks, our stadium is still the G house (only colder and uglier), parking is through the roof, tailgating is not as good, everyone is scrambling and defaulting on their seats and some of the high rollers are eating a nice big slice of humble pie.

Hows that new stadium working out for ya guys? lol

sar i thanks for the input i value your sound advice.

i had upper deck seats the first year in metlife and hated it up there i was able to trade in my seats after 2 home games and acquire the 4 psls. im not at all impressed with them either i dont like the new stadium. then the jets decide to comp people in the area of my section. its look what the cat dragged in each and every game. tired of it.

if i lose $30k i write it off. at least i will get $30k back on my initial investment and not have to renew year after year at that horrendous seat price of $295x4 plus parking.

im a realist the jets arent going to a super bowl anytime soon.

Practice Squad
    sar i thanks for the input i value your sound advice.

i had upper deck seats the first year in metlife and hated it up there i was able to trade in my seats after 2 home games and acquire the 4 psls. im not at all impressed with them either i dont like the new stadium. then the jets decide to comp people in the area of my section. its look what the cat dragged in each and every game. tired of it.

if i lose $30k i write it off. at least i will get $30k back on my initial investment and not have to renew year after year at that horrendous seat price of $295x4 plus parking.

im a realist the jets arent going to a super bowl anytime soon.

Maybe it's the cynic in me, but something doesn't sound right with this whole saga.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    Maybe it's the cynic in me, but something doesn't sound right with this whole saga.
    (It's all an act, but I enjoy stadium threads and am looking forward to see how the show ends. I'll bet he'll take $5,000 and walk away. Stay tuned.)

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    (It's all an act, but I enjoy stadium threads and am looking forward to see how the show ends. I'll bet he'll take $5,000 and walk away. Stay tuned.)

SAR I

To take this one step further, Im begining to have doubts that Nike has these seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post

SAR I
    ok let me clue you guys in on something. its not an act or a lie. why lie? for what gain?

i bought psls the time was right i had the money. the new stadium sucks and the jets arent worth the price of the admission im paying.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

I remember back in the day how all the homers would gush about how "great" it was going to be that you could give woody big bucks to watch his team. I remember how the homers said that the PSL's was a fair way of getting seats back from the "bad" generation of season ticket holders that hogged them all up. I remember how "great" the stadium would be, the respect we would have for not playing in the G house. I remember how arrogent the high rollers were, claiming that its a free market and if you cant afford 10k for seats then that is just tough luck.

Now, years later, our team sucks, our stadium is still the G house (only colder and uglier), parking is through the roof, tailgating is not as good, everyone is scrambling and defaulting on their seats and some of the high rollers are eating a nice big slice of humble pie.

Oh, it's the self-proclaimed scary "#1 Ballbreaker" coming out to play.

PSL owners are doing just fine because we're in it for the 30 year long-haul, it's expected to have a few down seasons after a few successful ones. It's how it works in the NFL. Besides this one shill who's pretending to be drowning in PSL debt, the rest of us are doing just fine.

We are enjoying your seats very much. Thanks for asking.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

ok let me clue you guys in on something. its not an act or a lie. why lie? for what gain?

i bought psls the time was right i had the money. the new stadium sucks and the jets arent worth the price of the admission im paying.
    Sell me your PSL's for $1,000 and I'll answer your questions.

SAR I

Oh, it's the self-proclaimed scary "#1 Ballbreaker" coming out to play.

PSL owners are doing just fine because we're in it for the 30 year long-haul, it's expected to have a few down seasons after a few successful ones. It's how it works in the NFL. Besides this one shill who's pretending to be drowning in PSL debt, the rest of us are doing just fine.

We are enjoying your seats very much. Thanks for asking.

SAR I
    LOL "self proclaimed".

OK genius. nice try

Practice Squad

You very well might be telling the truth. In my opinion, Im beginning to have doubts

1- you said you hated the upper deck, moved to 295 x 4 seats, hated those, and in another post you are going to move to the upper deck ?

2- who lays out 60k for 4 seats at 295 a pop, and is going to pack it in after the Jets get off to a slow start ?

3- Who would take a 30k loss on the tickets (since its supposedly paid off), and not sell the hot games, and make most of your money back.

Again, you MAY be telling the truth, but I doubt it. Just my opinion.

Sell me your PSL's for $1,000 and I'll answer your questions.

SAR I
    first off im not a shill far from it and why would i do that? i was offered $25k today from a ticket agency you are something else. do you think you are the only guy in town with money and psls? guess again.

and for the record my seats are way better than yours and paid for.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

I really like my seats and going to the games, sooo... working out pretty well?