Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Beningo

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    When you say "abysmal", is there a better option? ESPN radio doesn't quite cut it for me..
    No. I hate ESPN more than WFAN. I only listen to ESPN during Jet segments. Michael Kay is mind numbingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Draft players with our top picks from 2nd tier football schools like UMASS, BOISE State, Temple, Hampton, Kentucky. have I missed any?
    The one draft that has to boggle your mind is 2010 when we took both Kyle Wilson and Vlad Suckasse over Terrence Cody. If we had taken Cody then we would not have to give Pouha that payday last off-season - gives us more $$ and cap room to go after a pass rusher.

I actually don't blame Tanny for taking Gholston over Flacco. Flacco was considered a late 1st round/early 2nd rd pick that year while Gholston was a consensus top 5 draft choice according to the "experts."

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The one draft that has to boggle your mind is 2010 when we took both Kyle Wilson and Vlad Suckasse over Terrence Cody. If we had taken Cody then we would not have to give Pouha that payday last off-season - gives us more $$ and cap room to go after a pass rusher.

I actually don't blame Tanny for taking Gholston over Flacco. Flacco was considered a late 1st round/early 2nd rd pick that year while Gholston was a consensus top 5 draft choice according to the "experts."
    Ive said that for over 2 years. Posters keep telling me..these guys were rated etc. SP, you are an a-hole. THE KOOL-AID CLUB I call them 4 or 5 posters.

Ive seen Vlad. He looks like he plays with a bungy cord tied around his ankles. I would NEVER draft a guy like him, from a small school where he plays guys 25 lbs lighter and much slower than he will see.

Ive said that for over 2 years. Posters keep telling me..these guys were rated etc. SP, you are an a-hole. THE KOOL-AID CLUB I call them 4 or 5 posters.

Ive seen Vlad. He looks like he plays with a bungy cord tied around his ankles. I would NEVER draft a guy like him, from a small school where he plays guys 25 lbs lighter and much slower than he will see.
    Terrence Cody dominates the SEC as a run-stopper and we pass him up not 1X but 2X meanwhile we draft a raw-as-hell OT prospect from friggin UMASS and a small DB from Boise St. Yeah, yeah I know, Cody didn't runa 4.3 40 and look good without a shirt.

You can't make this idiocy up.

Last edited by detjetsfan; 10-01-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Never called you an a-hole . I just think it's too easy to blame the drafted players all on Tannebaum when its the coaching staff's responsibility to develop it's player....NO drafted player comes into the NFL without warts. It's the coaching staffs job description and responsibilities to correct the flaws, develop them and put them in positions to succeed on the field.

What player(s) haves improved under Rex's regime? They've regressed since coming into the NFL..
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Rookie
    If he had made the point that nothing has been done to address these issues, I'd be applauding. Problem is, any jet fan who's been paying even a little attention has known all of that for at least 18 months, if not longer. Master of the flipping obvious strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What player(s) haves improved under Rex's regime?
    Sione Pouha definitely and to a certain extent Darrelle Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    show some respect

Benigno, the KING OF ALL SOJFs and the spiritual leader of the Beningoramuses is pretty much the most miserable of ALL his misery loving cult. It's been fun watching them take over JI the last 2 days to bow and worship their king of gloom and misery

Brick is really starting to enter JAG territory. If you don't help him with a TE or RB chip he's a liability.
    You have to be joking...

And in regards to the above, the sky is blue and the grass is green.

The OL has been solid though... Since Hunter has been gone, plenty of time for Sanchez and the holes are there for the most part. Of course they werent great against Frisco but nobody is.

Sione Pouha definitely and to a certain extent Darrelle Revis.
    2 out of 50+?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Our OL is nearing 2007 level. Howard is NOT the answer at RT for a legitimate team, Slauson is falling off along with Moore. Only difference is that Brick and Mangold are in their prime, so it's not quite the same sh*t show.
    The problem is that we are supposed to be a GROUND & POUND team and our LT can hardly run block! I also think Nick is having an off year so far especially in pass blocking! Moore is old and slow! Slauson is getting ready to pack it in. Howard is young and can develop imo. We do not have a blocking TE and our FB is not great at blocking. Maybe we just do not have the personnel to play the scheme that the HC wants us to play!

Jets Insider VIP
    Never called you an a-hole . I just think it's too easy to blame the drafted players all on Tannebaum when its the coaching staff's responsibility to develop it's player....NO drafted player comes into the NFL without warts. It's the coaching staffs job description and responsibilities to correct the flaws, develop them and put them in positions to succeed on the field.

What player(s) haves improved under Rex's regime? They've regressed since coming into the NFL..
    I agree with you CMart. Player development has not been one of our strong points on Rex's watch.

I know...I wasn't referring to you and you are without question one of the best here.

I cant argue against your point. It's correct. I simply, as a stupid accountant, can see Vlad is slow. Kyle Wilson? Please. I dont care what the reorts say.

Sometimes it's obvious.

Terrence Cody dominates the SEC as a run-stopper and we pass him up not 1X but 2X meanwhile we draft a raw-as-hell OT prospect from friggin UMASS and a small DB from Boise St. Yeah, yeah I know, Cody didn't runa 4.3 40 and look good without a shirt.

A Harbaugh shows up REX again. The Ravens have turned Cody into a solid contributor.

He had tits BTW....

I know...I wasn't referring to you and you are without question one of the best here.

I cant argue against your point. It's correct. I simply, as a stupid accountant, can see Vlad is slow. Kyle Wilson? Please. I dont care what the reorts say.

Sometimes it's obvious.
    I know..Just kidding around with you...

Seriously, pre-draft there were some that thought KWilson would be the 1st CB taken over Joe Haden.

I know..Just kidding around with you...

Seriously, pre-draft there were some that thought KWilson would be the 1st CB taken over Joe Haden.
    Pre-prom, there was some talk that I would bang the prom queen.

It was me talking though......

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

Did Cody have man boobies?
    Sheesh, those arent as bad when you get older and develop some of your own.

It is easy to rip this or any team after a 34-0 drubbing. The problem is Benigno always whines!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Made a couple good points today on radio that I throught were on the money about this football team:

1. No Playmakers on Offense - We have nothing at RB, one ok WR with no depth behind him (who's now injured), one ok TE who can't block and is nowhere near the elite level of Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis. Stephen Hill is at least 2 years away from becoming a consistent player at the NFL level.

2. Offensive Line = Overrated - How badly is this unit overrated by Jets fans and even the Jet/Rex-hating media? All we ever hear about is pro bowlers/BrickMangoldMoore this that. Do you ever see this O-line open a hole? Forget about protecting the QB (which they usually struggle at) - these guys get 0 push on the LOS. 0

3. Defense is average - even with Revis. LB's are too slow. Kyle Wilson is a decent at best nickelback now stuck as a starting CB where he will be picked on until Aaron Berry replaces him. Pouha got his payday and looks like the Pouha we saw from 2005 - 2008. Only positions that have actually improved are FS and SS - and that's not saying alot.

4. Mediocre Drafts - Tanny and the FO have failed to hit 1 home run in the draft since 2007 when we got Revis and Harris. Last 5 years our most succesful draft pick by far is Mark Sanchez. All of our picks have ranged from decent (Wilk, Ellis) to mediocre (Wilson) to awful (Gholston, Ducasse).
    This is the biggest problem on the Offense in my opinion. The Jets have an average QB in Sanchez (and if you are truly honest you'll agree that's what Sanchez is...he's not very good, he's also not very bad). Take an average QB and surround him with guys, many of which would not start on any other NFL team, and then ask him to elevate them is crazy!

Peyton Manning makes average players look good. Brady can elevate pedestrian WRs like Deion Branch into Super Bowl MVPs. Mark Sanchez cannot do this....but MOST IMPORTANTLY, he shouldn't HAVE TO do this. The Front Office has given us WRs and RBs who either have no ability to elude, cannot run after the catch (except maybe Kerley) or are too inexperienced and green to contribute (Hill, etc.).

With a good line and solid players around him (LT, Holmes, Edwards, Keller) Sanchez plays very well (again, not spectacular but he's a good QB)....

1. LT and Thomas Jones are gone, and Tony Richardson isn't here to block anymore.

2. Damien Woody was excellent, Hunter was horrible last year and Austin Howard has stepped in to become serviceable.

3. Keller hasn't played this year.

4. Hill is a rookie, B. Edwards is gone, Jerricho Cotchery is gone, Plaxico was mediocre last year and only helpful in the redzone.

Cumberland, Patrick Turner, Epps...these are the guys who have become the second read for Sanchez if Holmes isn't open and when Hill is/was dropping the ball. And when the passing game isn't working we watch Greene run into people's backs at the Line of Scrimmage for 2 yards.

What a joke! Sanchez has been bad but you know what, put Robert Plant on stage with a high school garage band and they will sound like sh!t.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.

COME AT ME, BRO!