Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Few Words, Thoughts, Opinions...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

A Few Words, Thoughts, Opinions...

Was away Sunday, at the Lake, but still got the game (National TV) until it was yanked off for being uncompetative.

I started this season very optimistic, an unusual occurence for me. I am no longer so, and I admit my optimism appears to have been rather misplaced.

I had hope Sanchez was the answer at QB. While I appreciate his weapons are not stellar, and I truly like the kid, I am no longer of the belief that Sanchez will be our answer. His play was so bad yesterday, it is almost beyond comment.

Greene and the running game? The less said, the better.

Rex? I've been squarely in his corner, trusting he knew what he was doing even when he wouldn't shut up and the team appeared to fall to undisciplined crap around him. My faith in him is sorely shaken. Not broken yet, but close. It will probably not survive the season.

Sparano? Shotty II, predictable (sorry, but he is), and misusuing his talent at every turn (greene starting, Sanchez glued to the pocket, Tebow used less and worse than the 49'er Version). He's everything my Phins Fan brother said he'd be....and thats a deep and bloody insult, not a compliment.

The Defense. Valiant and gutsy, if nothing else, but clearly a solid two-steps back from what it was a mere few years ago. And no, not just because of the loss of Revis. That hurts, no doubt, but we appear to have nothing to fill the gaps. No depth. The youth we have, almost universally, underperforming thus far.

The Owner and GM.....well, again, I've been unusually defender'like towards them this offseason, but they have perhaps not earned it. If the GrassyKnoll'ers here turn out to be correct, and Tebow gets the starting job at some point in 2012.....well, Woody, thats going to say alot about your priorities.

All in all, yesterday was perhaps the most embarassing loss I can recall in the 25+ years I've been watching and loving the team. An manhandling, from start to finish, in every aspect of play. We looked like a college scout team playing a Super Bowl champion. And on the biggest stage, National TV to everyone, we were yanked before the game was over due to a total lack of competativeness.

I have no answers, no solutions, not calling for any firings, and apart from Greene I'm not even calling for any benchings. I honestly have no idea how or what could fix this team now, or going forward.

But I may have learned my lesson about being optimistic. It seems, with this team, it is rarely truly warranted.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty much felt the same about the team. I'm not giving up...never do.

Sometimes things can turn around...you have to believe that because there is a lot of season left to play. Things can change. Johnathan Grimes could be the next UDFA like Arian Foster. You never know.

"I have no answers, no solutions, not calling for any firings, and apart from Greene I'm not even calling for any benchings. I honestly have no idea how or what could fix this team now, or going forward."

The above quote (except for Greene) unfortunately this is the impression that we got from Rex yesterday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Was away Sunday, at the Lake, but still got the game (National TV) until it was yanked off for being uncompetative.

I started this season very optimistic, an unusual occurence for me. I am no longer so, and I admit my optimism appears to have been rather misplaced.

I had hope Sanchez was the answer at QB. While I appreciate his weapons are not stellar, and I truly like the kid, I am no longer of the belief that Sanchez will be our answer. His play was so bad yesterday, it is almost beyond comment.

Rex? I've been squarely in his corner, trusting he knew what he was doing even when he wouldn't shut up and the team appeared to fall to undisciplined crap around him. My faith in him is sorely shaken. Not broken yet, but close. It will probably not survive the season.

Sparano? Shotty II, predictable (sorry, but he is), and misusuing his talent at every turn (greene starting, Sanchez glued to the pocket, Tebow used less and worse than the 49'er Version). He's everything my Phins Fan brother said he'd be....and thats a deep and bloody insult, not a compliment.

The Defense. Valiant and gutsy, if nothing else, but clearly a solid two-steps back from what it was a mere few years ago. And no, not just because of the loss of Revis. That hurts, no doubt, but we appear to have nothing to fill the gaps. No depth. The youth we have, almost universally, underperforming thus far.

The Owner and GM.....well, again, I've been unusually defender'like towards them this offseason, but they have perhaps not earned it. If the GrassyKnoll'ers here turn out to be correct, and Tebow gets the starting job at some point in 2012.....well, Woody, thats going to say alot about your priorities.

All in all, yesterday was perhaps the most embarassing loss I can recall in the 25+ years I've been watching and loving the team. An manhandling, from start to finish, in every aspect of play. We looked like a college scout team playing a Super Bowl champion. And on the biggest stage, National TV to everyone, we were yanked before the game was over due to a total lack of competativeness.

I have no answers, no solutions, not calling for any firings, and apart from Greene I'm not even calling for any benchings. I honestly have no idea how or what could fix this team now, or going forward.

But I may have learned my lesson about being optimistic. It seems, with this team, it is rarely truly warranted.

Add another one to the list!

I see the 90's resurfacing before my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they ignored the offense for years, and even that would have been passable if sanchez were at least ok. rex tried to replicate the ravens 2000 super bowl team and thought at the least, sanchez could morph into dilfer. but he's no dilfer, he stinks. the offense has been decaying slowly for years, and this year we finally see what happens when you have a bad qb and some injuries.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Felt the same exact way.

Truly believe this organization needs to clean house and start from scratch. GM, Coaches, Players. Get as many draft picks as you can and go from there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well now that we all know what frauds they are, I seem to care a lot less. I'll still watch the games, but I certainly lost all my enthusiasm for the team. I'll keep an eye on em..but that's aoout it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Well now that we all know what frauds they are, I seem to care a lot less. I'll still watch the games, but I certainly lost all my enthusiasm for the team. I'll keep an eye on em..but that's aoout it.
    that was me yesterday. i don't get mad when a terrible team loses.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    that was me yesterday. i don't get mad when a terrible team loses.
    People keep asking me why I'm not beside myself today. It's this right here.

Someone said it was 2007 yesterday. I would be okay with that, because I'm honestly feeling like it's '95 all over again. Meaning it would get worse before it gets better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    People keep asking me why I'm not beside myself today. It's this right here.

Someone said it was 2007 yesterday. I would be okay with that, because I'm honestly feeling like it's '95 all over again. Meaning it would get worse before it gets better.
    especially the offense. who would have thought a few weeks ago, that the jets would play the 49ers and the starters on offense would not include powell, hill or keller, and that holmes wouldn't play in the 2nd half. they have nobody out there.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much agree with all of this, except that I was not that optimistic going to into the season, mainly due to the bad way the 2011 season ended. I expected another 8-8 or maybe 9-7 season.

However, I never expected a performance like yesterdays!! It was the worse Jets performance I have seen, since I was a teenager witnessing the meltdown at the end of the '86 regular season. I just hope we can bounce back, and stay competitive, but I fear will finish something like 5-11.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, Sanchez has until the Indy game to show something. Not expecting much next week. The Jets may be playing both Super Bowl teams in successive weeks and right now, they are simply outclassed by both.

But, if they stumble through these two games and continue to free fall against a mediocre, at best, Indy team, I'll pretty much concede that hope is lost.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was beyond brutal, one of the worse days ever of being a Jet fan for me. Not because of the loss or the score, but because it hit me like a ton of bricks that Tannenbaum and Rex likely need to be fired, and Sanchez has to be replaced. Horrible feeling. The GM, HC and QB all suck and we won't be competitive for a couple years at best.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yesterday was beyond brutal, one of the worse days ever of being a Jet fan for me. Not because of the loss or the score, but because it hit me like a ton of bricks that Tannenbaum and Rex likely need to be fired, and Sanchez has to be replaced. Horrible feeling. The GM, HC and QB all suck and we won't be competitive for a couple years at best.
    the jets would turn around rather quickly if they got an rg3. look what he's done there. not easy to get one though...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the jets would turn around rather quickly if they got an rg3. look what he's done there. not easy to get one though...
    Hence the 3 #1s. But the kid has played 4 games. Lets seem him make it through a full 16 with the pounding he takes. I'm not sure he'll be able to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too have had my faith shaken in Rex, I have feared that he was to much of a players coach like Herm Edwards and Pete Carrol, but if Rex is to amount to anything it probably won't be with the Jets. The best case for Rex is that he learns some hard lessons and does better with another team (Bellichump, Couphlin). It is my feeling that players play hard for "buddy" coaches for a while, but when the wheels fall off it is done, and the team is lost, Where we are now.

I didn't like the Sanchez draft (trading half that years draft for a 1 year starter seemed risky to me, sue me), but when he joined the team, I hoped for him to do well, I gave him three years, and I have seen enough. I remember making the same excuses for Clemons as people make for Sanchez, He doesn't have a good line, little or no play makers at WR, but after while you don't get the job done you don't get the job done, period. Lets Face it Sanchez outside of far to few flashes of adequacy, has looked every bit as confused, and Scared as Clemons did in his last starting attempt (and even now Clemons was behind a much worse O-line).

I don't know I am bewildered after Sundays game, I saw no leaders on offense or Defense, outside of our punter there were no highlights.

It has brought back feelings of Kotite, and Pete Carrol after the fake spike. I hope this game was an anomaly -end of therapeutic vent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Hence the 3 #1s. But the kid has played 4 games. Lets seem him make it through a full 16 with the pounding he takes. I'm not sure he'll be able to.
    i agree he has to protect his body.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feel the same way about alot of this... and i'm wavering big time on Sanchez... the only thing I will give him about yesterday is the 9ers defense made Rodgers look ordinary week one, so Sanchez was overmatched... we'll see if he has anything left.

All that being said, I can't watch Tebow become the QB here...activate McElroy and have him waiting IF we need to try another "QB"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    That was me from basically 1988 to 1996.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Add another one to the list!

I see the 90's resurfacing before my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ
    You're a child

Fans like you disgust me

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All understandable.

Give it another 24 hours for the suck to wear off, and give it another shot, why fold up the tent after week 4?

I'm not, I'll be re-charged by tomorrow, hoping things can be turned around.