Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Few Words, Thoughts, Opinions...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    For me, Sanchez has until the Indy game to show something. Not expecting much next week. The Jets may be playing both Super Bowl teams in successive weeks and right now, they are simply outclassed by both.

But, if they stumble through these two games and continue to free fall against a mediocre, at best, Indy team, I'll pretty much concede that hope is lost.
    Think about that...we would have and did walk all over these two teams 2 years ago. They were bottom feeders and now...

POOR MANAGEMENT. My sig has said it for a year now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    All understandable.

Give it another 24 hours for the suck to wear off, and give it another shot, why fold up the tent after week 4?

I'm not, I'll be re-charged by tomorrow, hoping things can be turned around.
    Ray, in all seriousness (and it does not need to be a long, drawn out answer), what do you see turning around?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All understandable.

Give it another 24 hours for the suck to wear off, and give it another shot, why fold up the tent after week 4?

I ask this with all due respect but are you a motivational speaker? I wish I could see things through your glasses... I have always been more optimistic when it come to the Jets but over the last 8 weeks I have seen some of the wort football in my 43 years. While in my heart I hope this team wins, the amount of stink is so bad that I just can't see it happening....

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I ask this with all due respect but are you a motivational speaker? I wish I could see things through your glasses... I have always been more optimistic when it come to the Jets but over the last 8 weeks I have seen some of the wort football in my 43 years. While in my heart I hope this team wins, the amount of stink is so bad that I just can't see it happening....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am grading Sanchez on a very simple curve and he is still failing. I don't expect 300 yds or 3 TDs from him. That is not our offense, we do not have the talent around him to help him put up those numbers. But I expect him to be able to hit the open WR (yes there were open WRs yesterday) and be a better decision maker. He consistently hold onto the ball too long and makes poor decisions. He has shown no growth in those areas. And those are two things, combined with his inaccuracy that it does not matter what kind of talent is surrounding him.

At this point I would settle for him throwing the ball away when he needs to and not throwing into double and triple coverage. That one throw that Bowman dropped yesterday might have been the worst decision I have seen him make since Year 1.

I am setting the bar very low. I am looking to score 10 points next game. Hopefully we keep it close. Something like 20-10. Only way we win is if we are +3 in turnovers with STs and defensive TDs. It is what it is.

If Sanchez has an ounce of potential left he will start to control what he can control. That is all I expect of him now. Show some sort of growth in decision making and awareness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    All understandable.

Did you watch all the Jets games during the Kotite years?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Ray, in all seriousness (and it does not need to be a long, drawn out answer), what do you see turning around?
    Everything, yesterday wasn't the team we saw play against Buffalo.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am grading Sanchez on a very simple curve and he is still failing. I don't expect 300 yds or 3 TDs from him. That is not our offense, we do not have the talent around him to help him put up those numbers. But I expect him to be able to hit the open WR (yes there were open WRs yesterday) and be a better decision maker. He consistently hold onto the ball too long and makes poor decisions. He has shown no growth in those areas. And those are two things, combined with his inaccuracy that it does not matter what kind of talent is surrounding him.

At this point I would settle for him throwing the ball away when he needs to and not throwing into double and triple coverage. That one throw that Bowman dropped yesterday might have been the worst decision I have seen him make since Year 1.

I am setting the bar very low. I am looking to score 10 points next game. Hopefully we keep it close. Something like 20-10. Only way we win is if we are +3 in turnovers with STs and defensive TDs. It is what it is.

If Sanchez has an ounce of potential left he will start to control what he can control. That is all I expect of him now. Show some sort of growth in decision making and awareness.
    In 3 short weeks Sanchez has gone from looking crisp, putting his foot in the ground and letting it rip, to holding on to the ball and missing receivers. I have never seen such a Jekyll and Hyde performance in my life. I'm not turning this into a Sanchez thread, but just noting it.

That's the way this team has worked over the last couple of years, they pat them selves on the back after a great week and then end up in the doldrums a couple weeks later.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Did you watch all the Jets games during the Kotite years?
    I lived it. We aren't anywhere close to that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy REX FALLING DOWN / coaching ability questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Felt the same exact way.

Truly believe this organization needs to clean house and start from scratch. GM, Coaches, Players. Get as many draft picks as you can and go from there.
    Sadly, I am starting to agree with this sentiment. Watching the Jets for 35+ years and have never felt as disappointed in a performance.

A case can be made that Rex inherited a pretty good team from Mangini era; and has let it go to pot. The old regime players were tougher, Tomlinson, Tony Rich. , Damien Woody, Thomas Jones..... and the irony... they get rid of Kerry Rhodes supposedly because he doesn't tackle. LOL so who is making the tackles now, Rex.??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    No, but like I just said to Boroguy, yesterday was not the team I saw play on opening day, and is not the team and QB I saw play in 2010.

In fact, we saw the same 2010 team put up another big stinker against New England in the 45-3 game, I liken yesterday's game to that game in that both teams were coming off of losing a key player, Leonard in that Patriot game, and Revis in yesterday's game.

I saw a team that didn't have conviction, no fight, and no heart yesterday, I believe that is not the team that started this season and even showed some of it last week against the Dolphins.

Sure, now they embarrassed themselves yesterday, and I'd like to think they have a lot more pride than what they showed yesterday, and because I haven't yet lost hope in Ryan, I think he can get this team back on track.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    If RayRay is only using 'I hope' then you know all is lost.

What's next sg3 only thinking we will win by 30 next game?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All understandable.

The suck won't wear off. All of the things and lack of off-season moves that everybody on this board was complaining about have merely come to fruition. Such a shame. We all wanted to be wrong.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    All understandable.

Please do not misunderstand. My OP was my opinion on that state of the team.

Not the state of my fandom.

I am a Jets Fan. I will watch every game they play, and root for a win almost every time (exception: lost seasons and draft position on occasion). I will always want good for my Jets.

But I think my earlier optimism has been doused in the cold hard face of reality. We're not close to as good a team as I believed we were, and the proof was a completely uncompetative game against a good (not great) team in our house.

Our house.

So there is nothing to wait for. I'll be in my usual spot on Monday night, with my usual Jets Mug, wearing my usual Mangold Jersey and my usual Jets Hat. None of that will ever change.

But I will also be thinking "how bad will we lose this time" instead of what I thought at seasons start, "how badly will we beat this tonight".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because the Jets are now on tape for other teams to look at..And obviously the Jets coaching staff haven't made any counter-adjustments

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ptath2 View Post
    I too have had my faith shaken in Rex, I have feared that he was to much of a players coach like Herm Edwards and Pete Carrol, but if Rex is to amount to anything it probably won't be with the Jets. The best case for Rex is that he learns some hard lessons and does better with another team (Bellichump, Couphlin). It is my feeling that players play hard for "buddy" coaches for a while, but when the wheels fall off it is done, and the team is lost, Where we are now.

I didn't like the Sanchez draft (trading half that years draft for a 1 year starter seemed risky to me, sue me), but when he joined the team, I hoped for him to do well, I gave him three years, and I have seen enough.
    They only traded their own #1 plus a second rounder and a scrub safety and scrub WR to get Sanchez. To trade up that high for that little was actually a great move. To give him no talent to play with was a bad move. Now, I think he may be broken, a la David Carr.

They traded the rest of the draft to get Greene.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lived it. We aren't anywhere close to that.
    I watched/lived it and it is headed that way fast. Easiest solution is sit the QB, It could change everything. He has had 4 years of "hope". We all hoped he would improve. Sanchez was winning games so we overlooked the sloppy play. His luck is running out and he is scared to death, this never works. He is a broken man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would argue that win was more a product of Buffalo's ineptitude in the first half, especially Fitzpatrick's awful play. Someone tell me what the Bills saw to give this JAG-minus $110 million.

If you remember, once Buffalo got going, they scored on us pretty good and made it a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If RayRay is only using 'I hope' then you know all is lost.

What's next sg3 only thinking we will win by 30 next game?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yesterday was beyond brutal, one of the worse days ever of being a Jet fan for me. Not because of the loss or the score, but because it hit me like a ton of bricks that Tannenbaum and Rex likely need to be fired, and Sanchez has to be replaced. Horrible feeling. The GM, HC and QB all suck and we won't be competitive for a couple years at best.
    I have the same feeling
    It is just amazing when reality sets in
    I liked them
    Thought we finally found something
    Wrong again
    Will continue to watch and root being a 50+ year fan of this team makes it impossible not to

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Add another one to the list!

I see the 90's resurfacing before my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ
    I'm still waiting for my Namath Avy.