Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez analysis on ESPN NFL32 6PM Monday

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Bottom line - The offensive personnel suck and Sanchez isn't the kind of elite QB that can make the players around him better.

THAT is exactly the situation the Jets are in. Sanchez is not bad. Anyone who says Sanchez is a bad QB is a fool, honestly. But Sanchez is not great and probably not even very good. He's a guy who plays to the talent around him. With good players and a solid Defense he took two teams to the AFC Championship game. Bad QBs don't do that twice. But Sanchez needs to have guys who can get open and he needs guys who can run after the catch. He also has to lean on a good running game. He's a very average QB.

When your RB (Greene) is getting 2 yards per carry and you're faced with 3rd and long, you drop back and see 3 or 4 guys covered but what do you do...he can't throw the ball away every time or take the sack, so he's throwing incompletions a LOT.

How many teams in the NFL would our WR, RB or TE start for? Keller would start for how many teams, maybe 7 or 8? Would Greene start anywhere other than on the Jets? Holmes should be an excellent #2 WR in the NFL.

Sanchez isn't very good, he's just not. But when your running game is Frowned & Drowned and your pass progression goes from Holmes to Turner to Epps....you're just f*cked as a QB!
    1) any qb who plays to the talent around him sucks. good qbs and good leaders make players around them better, even if a little better.

2) sanchez has had enough of an audition over the past 3+ years to show he's worthy of a starting gig. he's failed.

3) compounding sanchez's failures, the talent around him has sloughed which has only underscored his limitations. with cotch/bray/tj around, sanchez got by. w/o them he had to carry more of the load and he can't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    His name is Greg McElroy, but he was a bad bad boy for speaking out.
    True, but we don't know anything about him. He might be great, good, mediocore, or bad, he doesn't have a track record. We like what we saw in a few preseason games, and he has potential. If the season completely goes to hell in about 4-5 weeks, it would make plenty of sense to see what he's got, because for all anybody knows, he might be the future of the team.

What I was saying though is, let's say Sanchez completely sucks in the first half against Houston, the Jets have nobody that has a proven track record in the league that could go in the game that you'd feel confident could actually win the game under any circumstance. Tebow absolutely sucks and would have no business replacing Sanchez. McElroy we don't know anything about. If the Jets had a serviceable NFL veteran on the roster (i.e. Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Moore, Kyle Orton, Jon Kitna, etc etc), at least they would know that if they get to a point where Sanchez needs to be benched, one of these type of veterans could be capable of winning some games for them if things went right. Instead, the Jets wasted that spot on the roster to give to a Jesus freak who throws a football worse than me. Not to mention, a legitimate veteran NFL backup quarterback who has played a lot in the league could be tutoring Sanchez along the way, as Brunell did the last two years. Instead, what help can Tebow offer Sanchez on the sidelines as far as what's going on in the game when he always has his helmet on and could be called in the game at any time, and he sucks to begin with?
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 10-01-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom line - The offensive personnel suck and Sanchez isn't the kind of elite QB that can make the players around him better.

THAT is exactly the situation the Jets are in. Sanchez is not bad. Anyone who says Sanchez is a bad QB is a fool, honestly. But Sanchez is not great and probably not even very good. He's a guy who plays to the talent around him. With good players and a solid Defense he took two teams to the AFC Championship game. Bad QBs don't do that twice. But Sanchez needs to have guys who can get open and he needs guys who can run after the catch. He also has to lean on a good running game. He's a very average QB.

When your RB (Greene) is getting 2 yards per carry and you're faced with 3rd and long, you drop back and see 3 or 4 guys covered but what do you do...he can't throw the ball away every time or take the sack, so he's throwing incompletions a LOT.

How many teams in the NFL would our WR, RB or TE start for? Keller would start for how many teams, maybe 7 or 8? Would Greene start anywhere other than on the Jets? Holmes should be an excellent #2 WR in the NFL.

Sanchez isn't very good, he's just not. But when your running game is Frowned & Drowned and your pass progression goes from Holmes to Turner to Epps....you're just f*cked as a QB!

So what you're basically saying is its not Sanchez, it's the whole damn organization. Well, when you're ****ing owner tells the world he cares more about the next presidential race then if his team wins, that about sums it up.

Wonder if he would feel the same if nobody showed up Monday night to watch the sequel to the Debacle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Section 116 starting mid-3rd quarter"

"Mac-L-Roy, Mac-L-Roy, Mac-L-Roy, Mac-L-Roy"

Never heard a single teblow chant, simply not an option. But a lot of us think he's worth a shot. And the first poster to start with "noodle-arm" is an uninformed d!ck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDelray View Post
    Tim Hasselbeck will have a video analysis of Sanchez and his accuracy "issues".

On EPSN 2, 6PM tonight 10/1, NFL32.
    Also said he would not be able to start in the lingerie league, he's too soft for them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez is Rex Grossman. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'm not absolving Tannebaum..I'm just stating its too easy to blame him for draft picks not producing. Drafting a player is only the beginning of their NFL career...Its up to coaching to develop the players...NO PLAYER coming into the NFL is a finished product.

Name players that have improved under Rex and his staff...Very, very few if any...
    You're absolutely correct. Nobody has really gotten better in the last 3 years but several players have stagnated or regressed. That's really a black mark for the entire coaching staff from Rex on down to all of his assistants.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say this is a pretty fair assessment. Maybe I'm a bit more harsh in my judgement of him. His accuracy woes are frustrating. And he seems to pout a bit too much when things go badly to be a real team leader. But there's no excuse for the team not putting more weapons at his disposal to help him. The cupboard is bare right now on offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Section 116 starting mid-3rd quarter"

"Mac-L-Roy, Mac-L-Roy, Mac-L-Roy, Mac-L-Roy"

Never heard a single teblow chant, simply not an option. But a lot of us think he's worth a shot. And the first poster to start with "noodle-arm" is an uninformed d!ck.
    Mac-N-Cheese is a Noodle-arm.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez interview:

So Mark, what went wrong yesterday.

Mike, we all need to do better. I know I can do better.

Mark, was anybody open at all yesterday?

Mike, yes, I was able to get a bottle of Wild Turkey on the way home.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at the play this year, it is my opinion that one of the reasons Sanchez is having poor completion #s, besides drops, is he is throwing to where the receiver is supposed to be. He is not waiting for them to get open, he is throwing the ball and they are supposed to be there to catch it. I prefer this to last year where he waited for them to get open, then fired and the windows would close.

After many incompletions this year, you will hear the announcers say that the receiver missed their route and you will see Sanchez telling them where they were supposed to be.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at the play this year, it is my opinion that one of the reasons Sanchez is having poor completion #s, besides drops, is he is throwing to where the receiver is supposed to be. He is not waiting for them to get open, he is throwing the ball and they are supposed to be there to catch it. I prefer this to last year where he waited for them to get open, then fired and the windows would close.

After many incompletions this year, you will hear the announcers say that the receiver missed their route and you will see Sanchez telling them where they were supposed to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    He stinks!! Show over.
    LMFAO.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking THE SKILL POSITIONS and our GM

=Buerline said that the game plan was bad and they didn't put Mark in good situations. Simms said that they don't have one pro bowler at a skill position (i think he said the Jets are one of only three teams like that)

....I think that's the crux of it. Our Skill positions are far below the other teams. When have we had a Larry FitzGerald type at WR or a L. McCoy type at RB.?

We had LaDainian at the end of his career.... and he was better for us than what we have now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    True, but we don't know anything about him. He might be great, good, mediocore, or bad, he doesn't have a track record. We like what we saw in a few preseason games, and he has potential. If the season completely goes to hell in about 4-5 weeks, it would make plenty of sense to see what he's got, because for all anybody knows, he might be the future of the team.

What I was saying though is, let's say Sanchez completely sucks in the first half against Houston, the Jets have nobody that has a proven track record in the league that could go in the game that you'd feel confident could actually win the game under any circumstance. Tebow absolutely sucks and would have no business replacing Sanchez. McElroy we don't know anything about. If the Jets had a serviceable NFL veteran on the roster (i.e. Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Moore, Kyle Orton, Jon Kitna, etc etc), at least they would know that if they get to a point where Sanchez needs to be benched, one of these type of veterans could be capable of winning some games for them if things went right. Instead, the Jets wasted that spot on the roster to give to a Jesus freak who throws a football worse than me. Not to mention, a legitimate veteran NFL backup quarterback who has played a lot in the league could be tutoring Sanchez along the way, as Brunell did the last two years. Instead, what help can Tebow offer Sanchez on the sidelines as far as what's going on in the game when he always has his helmet on and could be called in the game at any time, and he sucks to begin with?
    I agree with your overall premise. However, I think McElroy can play if given the chance. He's the smartest QB on our roster the past few years and, for all of the talk about Tebow being a winner, McElroy is a winner and can actually play QB in a pro style offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You'll come around. And when you do there will be a seat and pitchfork waiting for you on the bandwagon.

I'm ready for the bandwagon. Terrible few drafts. I blame Tanny and our scouts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Realist...I gave Rex enough rope...The Miami game did it for me..They weren't prepared after he said they were...

I'm not absolving Tannebaum..I'm just stating its too easy to blame him for draft picks not producing. Drafting a player is only the beginning of their NFL career...Its up to coaching to develop the players...NO PLAYER coming into the NFL is a finished product.

Name players that have improved under Rex and his staff...Very, very few if any...
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    You're absolutely correct. Nobody has really gotten better in the last 3 years but several players have stagnated or regressed. That's really a black mark for the entire coaching staff from Rex on down to all of his assistants.
    This really deserves its own thread, guys.

Sanchez will never be more than a decent quarterback in this league. That's his ceiling. But is it all his fault? It is 100% true that not a single player on this roster is a better football player than they were in 2008 or when they were drafted post-Rex.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    This really deserves its own thread, guys.

Sanchez will never be more than a decent quarterback in this league. That's his ceiling. But is it all his fault? It is 100% true that not a single player on this roster is a better football player than they were in 2008 or when they were drafted post-Rex.
    It's hard to argue...Even Maybin, after a year under Rex has regressed completely. He was a force last year, made impact plays - now he's just missing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    It's hard to argue...Even Maybin, after a year under Rex has regressed completely. He was a force last year, made impact plays - now he's just missing.
    i'd like to know how many plays he's in for each game. i think the problem is that the speed guys aren't in there enough, and when they do go in, other offenses are ready for them. there's too much platooning. keep the fast guys in there and have them cause problems.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i'd like to know how many plays he's in for each game. i think the problem is that the speed guys aren't in there enough, and when they do go in, other offenses are ready for them. there's too much platooning. keep the fast guys in there and have them cause problems.
    I do completely agree with this. Especially considering our slow guys can no longer stop the run. It was one thing when the big, old slow guys were stopping the run...but now let's go with the speed youth movement, I'm not sure they can be much worse.