Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanchez analysis on ESPN NFL32 6PM Monday

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I do completely agree with this. Especially considering our slow guys can no longer stop the run. It was one thing when the big, old slow guys were stopping the run...but now let's go with the speed youth movement, I'm not sure they can be much worse.
    hopefully rex reads this board and will do as we all want!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to argue...Even Maybin, after a year under Rex has regressed completely. He was a force last year, made impact plays - now he's just missing.

Maybin is not getting on the field he played 2 plays this week.

You wonder why?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Bottom line - The offensive personnel suck and Sanchez isn't the kind of elite QB that can make the players around him better.

THAT is exactly the situation the Jets are in. Sanchez is not bad. Anyone who says Sanchez is a bad QB is a fool, honestly. But Sanchez is not great and probably not even very good. He's a guy who plays to the talent around him. With good players and a solid Defense he took two teams to the AFC Championship game. Bad QBs don't do that twice. But Sanchez needs to have guys who can get open and he needs guys who can run after the catch. He also has to lean on a good running game. He's a very average QB.

When your RB (Greene) is getting 2 yards per carry and you're faced with 3rd and long, you drop back and see 3 or 4 guys covered but what do you do...he can't throw the ball away every time or take the sack, so he's throwing incompletions a LOT.

How many teams in the NFL would our WR, RB or TE start for? Keller would start for how many teams, maybe 7 or 8? Would Greene start anywhere other than on the Jets? Holmes should be an excellent #2 WR in the NFL.

Sanchez isn't very good, he's just not. But when your running game is Frowned & Drowned and your pass progression goes from Holmes to Turner to Epps....you're just f*cked as a QB!
    So the leader in pick 6's to defensive players right in front of him doesn't suck?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post

You wonder why?
    And he made a great play using his speed to stop a running play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post

You wonder why?
    I think Rex is completely confused. When you looked at his mannerisms and his eyes last week he didn't angry - he looked confused.

His team was falling apart and he had no answers as to how to fix it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rex is completely confused. When you looked at his mannerisms and his eyes last week he didn't angry - he looked confused.

His team was falling apart and he had no answers as to how to fix it.
    i agree. he sounds geniunely surprised/shocked. i think he's surprised at how certain players have regressed, and the overall lack of effort. he just can't evaluate talent in an unbiased manner. that's why he insists on playing certain guys over others. his biases/ego leads to flawed playing time allocations.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i agree. he sounds geniunely surprised/shocked. i think he's surprised at how certain players have regressed, and the overall lack of effort. he just can't evaluate talent in an unbiased manner. that's why he insists on playing certain guys over others. his biases/ego leads to flawed playing time allocations.
    I've been too shocked a nd depressed to chime in until now:

Been a fan for over 40 years and this is bad. No amount of Ray-Ray rah-rah is going to right this ship and here's my reasons why:

-Rex's HUBRIS:

Hubris ( /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.

The adjectival form of hubris is "hubristic".

I like Rex but let's look at how he has steered the team: brought in some of "his" guys and got us close two years running albeit with some serious luck and overachieving.

I think his bombastic style has caused the entire organization-GM, all the position coaches etc etc -to be drinking his kool-aid. Rex says that Wayne Hunter will be great this year then, ok, if Rex says so then it must be.....NOT. Hunter sucked last year. What makes you think he'll be better this year? Karl Dunbar picking up on the hubris and telling a reporter that Hunter will be the starting RT until they cart his dead body out of the complex. Rex blathering on about DeMario Davis being like Ray Lewis....maybe someday but here in week 4 he's had no impact. Von Miller came in as a rookie for the Broncos and made great plays from minute one. Same thing for Coples-little or no impact thus far though I can see how Coples might evolve. Wilkerson..solid st times..little BIG PLAY capability. It goes on and on. Rex telling the media this is "the best team I've coached." I realize he does this to boost heir confidence but go back to the definition of Hubris-"A LOSS OF CONTACT WITH REALITY AND AN OVERESTIMATION OF ONE'S OWN CAPABILITIES (OR YOUR TEAM'S).

Look at the revolving door at WR in the past 3 years? How is your QB supposed to develop any chemistry in a passing league with the cast of also-rans that the Jets trot out? How? Blame Sanchez to a point but look at the absolute garbage in the skill positions...LT on his last legs, Braylon was kind of great (got to get rid of him then...) Derrick Mason??? Plax??? No other viable TE's??? Stone hands Hill??? Locker room douche Holmes???

"WE'RE GOING TO BE GROUND AND POUND."

I swear when I heard this this past Spring I realized Rex had lost touch with reality. His idea is that "while it may be a passing league, I'm going to buck the system-just like my Dad-and we're going back to winning games the old-fashioned way..." Guess what Rex? Not with this personnel you're not. Our O-line is mediocre. Our RB's just flat-out suck. Our D is horrible right now. No real impact play-makers on either side of the ball. None.

How about a receiver in the Calvin Johnson/Andre Johnson/ Dez Bryant/ Larry Fitz/Gronkowski mold? Huh? We've got 'tone and Stephen Hill? Oh, Ok then. we're all set.

How about a real RB?

It goes on and on. And in my estimation if I were Woody Johnson, I'd be gearing up for the big change. I'm sorry to say it but it needs to happen. Bring in a serious GM and a tough, no more player's coach, hard-ass in the Parcells mold. Clean house. It's time. We have no playmakers on our roster anywhere.