Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moves I'd like to see the team make asap that could help turn things around...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Without defending Sanchez' performance yesterday, I remain steadfast in my opinion that he is a QB playing with a handicap, the 3rd year in a row that he has had to endure complete changes at WR, where the players were not brought up through the system and were changed due to FA or the draft? Playing with youth and inexperience at WR, and more importantly, without Keller, without that security blanket, Sanchez has continued to be inconsistent. Despite an outstanding start against the Bills, he's been average to awful since, but I don't think he deserves all of the blame...

That said, I believe he deserves at least one game where he can have some of these players back healthy, and with Holmes, it looks like that could be a little while, at the worst, we'll get Keller back for the Houston game, and that will be key.

But to help change things for the better I'd like to see asap:

- McKnight to be a bigger part of the offense, at RB and at WR. McKnight can add a lot as a receiver, they can use him in many of the ways the Vikings use Harvin, ot of the backfield, in the slot, at WR, McKnight is one of the best athletes on the team, he needs to be on the field.

- Keller's return is paramount for Sanchez to get back on track, it's huge, and once he's back, I'd like to see a lot more double TE sets with Keller and Cumberland. We have seen flashes of this and the potential is there IMO, and any effectiveness can help the team two-fold, it will help free up the coverages on the WR's and it will help the running game. Right now, our running game and play action does nothing to the defense, there is no threat, defenses are able to stack the box and without repercussion in the seams down field and outside due to Keller's injury and the youth and inexperience at WR. Without Hill, there was no player that could stretch the field yesterday, this hurt the passing game and the running game, and this was a big part of the problems Sanchez and the offense had yesterday.

- Offense wasn't the only problem, and while the defense was actually ok, except for not being prepared for the wildcat, we need more speed on the field. We are ok up front on the DL. I thought Coples was solid, and looked much improved, we need more of Wilkerson, Coples, and Ellis on the field because of their athleticism. We also need more athleticism and speed at LB. Pace I thought had a good game, Thomas too, but with both of those players on the field together, we need more Davis on the inside. The combination of Pace, Thomas, and Scott gives us our slowest group of LB's. I would love to see the team elevate Sapp to the roster and integrate him into rotation. Maybin continues to be absent, and McIntyre was horrible yesterday, there were several plays where he was thrown around, and he just doesn't have the athleticism to play OLB against NFL offenses. Maybin is ok in situational play, but we need big athletic LB's on the outside, Sapp has all of that, the potential is there. I'd also like to see them bring up Marcus Dowtin up. In Sapp and Downtin, you have two of the more athletic and fastest LB's we have on the team, their infusion to the defense in situations will help the middle of the field and the pass rush, add Davis to the group, and the defense suddenly has much more potential to cover large areas of the field and get to the QB with speed.

McIntyre needs to be relegated to ST's if not cut, Sapp can be brought up to replace him. The Jets can IR Revis and bring up Dowtin. ST's gets a boost with atheticism, and if Sapp and Dowtin are healthy, they have at least been with the team since training camp and will know the defense, and can add the speed and athleticism the unit lacks.
    How can someone who was absolutely wrong about the state of team before yesterday's game believe that they have the solutions to fix it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've been a sanchez supporter but the thing that strikes me funny is how most posters think that he is somehow missing keller. since when did keller become the second coming of mickey shuler? what i mean is that keller has been out long enough so that sanchez should've been able to develop the same or nearly the same degree of comfort with the other guys. and what of the other guys? shouldn't kerley be stepping up? how about hill? cumberland? get mcnight in there. either these guys have little talent or not. if they don't have the talent then tanny has some splaining to do.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    How can someone who was absolutely wrong about the state of team before yesterday's game believe that they have the solutions to fix it?
    You mean like Rex Ryan?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    You mean like Rex Ryan?
    Exactly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sit Mark's lousy ass and hope that maybe Tebow can provide a spark.

Even the most die hard Sanchez supporters are beginning to see things for what they are. The kid isn't the future of this team, period.

Stop treading water and end this charade.

Is Tebow the answer? Probably not.

But we know for a fact that Sanchez isn't and at least Tebow can make some plays with his legs. We know he won't wilt like a scared pu$$y under pressure either.
    And possibly limp to 6-10, 7-9 on the back of the defense keeping Tebow in games? No no no, stick with Sanchez. If he is horrible, we get a new signal caller next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    And possibly limp to 6-10, 7-9 on the back of the defense keeping Tebow in games? No no no, stick with Sanchez. If he is horrible, we get a new signal caller next year.
    Can't cut Sanchez next year. Jets have him for at least one more year, unless they find a team to take him off their hands. Unlikely I would say.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team needs to reinvent itself with the parts they have:

OFFENSE - go double TE base formation to bolster the run & protect Sanchez

DEFENSE - go 4-3 to give you a stout line that can stop the run

YOUNG ONES - play all the young guys over the vets to see what we have for next year

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Joe.M should of been a big part of the offense Week 1. Instead he's been sent to the D where he is obviously not happy.
    mcknight had a beast of a game last year against buffalo. either rex is the dumbest offensive guy in the league or he saw something he didnt like the sunday he rushed for over 150 yards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Rex Drafted a Franchise QB or so he told us.Herm did what he did with a Kid who had a decent arm which got worse over time.Herm was a leader something this boob is not.

If Herman Edwards got half the support Mangini and Ryan did,the jets would never need either of those Jokers.
    What? Seriously that make 0 sense. Herm was given the reigns of the best JETS team ever assembled and couldn't even win the division once! Worst coach we ever had IMO. He then went to KC and ruined them too. Plus Mark was not Rex's pick. That is all on Tanny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF are you talking about?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    i've been a sanchez supporter but the thing that strikes me funny is how most posters think that he is somehow missing keller. since when did keller become the second coming of mickey shuler? what i mean is that keller has been out long enough so that sanchez should've been able to develop the same or nearly the same degree of comfort with the other guys. and what of the other guys? shouldn't kerley be stepping up? how about hill? cumberland? get mcnight in there. either these guys have little talent or not. if they don't have the talent then tanny has some splaining to do.
    It's not that Keller is so great, he is a good receiving TE, and caught 70 balls last year, but the key is that Keller is a security blanket for Sanchez, they have very good chemistry and that is key especially on 3rd down, which is an area the Jets have struggled the most.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Play at Citi Field or at Hofstra! A team without it's own stadium is pretty pathetic! I think that pretty much sums everything up. SCREW YOU WOODY!
    Great point and I sure do agree!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Play at Citi Field or at Hofstra! A team without it's own stadium is pretty pathetic! I think that pretty much sums everything up. SCREW YOU WOODY!
    Haha you do realize that neither of those places are solely the jets stadiums? I don't think it matters. They've been playing in the same stadium as the giants for years, and the giants have a couple rings.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fire Rex, Sit Sanchez, release a few players and that should shake things up

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

We are NOT forgetting this go-round, Rah Rah. We've got a list. Your Jedi Mind Tricks aren't working this time, nope.

You made the bed. You're going to lie in it. For a long, long time.

Run away, Rah Rah. Run away. It's what you do best.

See you in May when you can call us idiots and trolls for giving you our opinions. We don't want to hear a word from you now.

Not a word.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rah Rah is now going analytical, after attacking any poster who would try to deal with the reality of who the Jets really are. Rah Rah--you are a fake.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Rah Rah is now going analytical, after attacking any poster who would try to deal with the reality of who the Jets really are. Rah Rah--you are a fake.
    Oh I'm very real, I can assure you of that...

I can also tell when I'm dealing with blowhard jackasses like you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

We are NOT forgetting this go-round, Rah Rah. We've got a list. Your Jedi Mind Tricks aren't working this time, nope.

You made the bed. You're going to lie in it. For a long, long time.

Run away, Rah Rah. Run away. It's what you do best.

See you in May when you can call us idiots and trolls for giving you our opinions. We don't want to hear a word from you now.

Not a word.

SAR I
    So the board's biggest insecure jackass, the first to run to a mod like a 10 year old girl is now telling others when to post and when not to.

Oh I'm not going anywhere chump, I assure you of that...

I don't want anybody to forget anything, no tricks, just show us all the post, and you have a case to be made, and I'll eat crow on any such prediction...

Until then, you are nothing but a shameless jackass.

I'll go one better, find the post, post the post and the LINK to the post, and you can ask any mod here to ban me for as long as you want..

That is the challenge, to you, the board, whoever... Will you accept it, and stand by your crap, or will you dance around it like you do everything else like the attention seeking jackass you are?

Let's go *****, I'm waiting...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget those deadbeats Ray Ray.

Jets can still turn this around. But they got to show some guts and brains.

It ain't over till it's over