Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moves I'd like to see the team make asap that could help turn things around...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Rex Drafted a Franchise QB or so he told us.Herm did what he did with a Kid who had a decent arm which got worse over time.Herm was a leader something this boob is not.

If Herman Edwards got half the support Mangini and Ryan did,the jets would never need either of those Jokers.
    You and I both know this but to many Herm will always be barbeque Herm to most out here. The truth is the Jets as a team or an organization were NEVER like this under Herm NEVER!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    What? Seriously that make 0 sense. Herm was given the reigns of the best JETS team ever assembled and couldn't even win the division once! Worst coach we ever had IMO. He then went to KC and ruined them too. Plus Mark was not Rex's pick. That is all on Tanny.
    2 things

The Jets did win the AFC East once under Herm

The team Herm inherited from Al Groh was Old,cap strapped and not suited to play the schemes he told the owner and GM he would impliment. They gave him no help . Herm was here 5 yrs.The Jets had 3 winning seasons in 5 yrs.The 2 Seasons that were bad,Chad Pennington and his broken down arm was on the sidelines. In that period,this Franchise did nothing at the QB position.

You want evidence.

The HC tells his star WR that as long as he's the HC he's going nowhere. The team then allows this WR to go to the Skins in a contract mishap and leaves the HC looking like a Jerk.
    Just 1 yr Later,the Defense is rated top 5 under a New defensive coordinator..What do these idiots do,they allow the NT who stabilized the defense to leave in yet another contract mishap resulting in weaking the defense because it could no longer protect the star MLBer they used a 1st round pick on the prior yr.

With the Jets, it's always something.

Since Weeb,the Jets have had 3 decent HCs.

Walt Michaels
    Bill Parcells
    Herman Edwards

Parcells won inspite of himself which is a credit to the Man.

The other 2, 1 built a team and the other was in the process of building a team but was sabotaged by his Employer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

We are NOT forgetting this go-round, Rah Rah. We've got a list. Your Jedi Mind Tricks aren't working this time, nope.

You made the bed. You're going to lie in it. For a long, long time.

Run away, Rah Rah. Run away. It's what you do best.

See you in May when you can call us idiots and trolls for giving you our opinions. We don't want to hear a word from you now.

Not a word.

SAR I
    You have to give him kudos...the other members of the Kool-aid club have been noticabely absent or have backed away from their position.

Who on the schedule can we beat? Colts, Bills, Fins???? Chances of all 3? We wont win 6 games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're trying to salvage the season, then here's what you do:

1) Start Tebow. He's a poor passer (as is Sanchez), but he creates problems for a defense because he's a threat to run the ball. Sanchez has shown he's not a leader. Leadership is one of Tebow's best qualities.

Also believe it or not our personnel fits Tebow's style much better than Sanchez's. Hill came from Georgia Tech, a run-heavy offense, and is a good blocker. He has great speed for the deep ball, another thing Tebow isn't bad at executing. Patrick Turner is a good blocker as well. You want ground and pound? Tebow provides it.

We used a fourth on him, we may as well see what he's got.

I can't believe I want to Tebow to start....

2) More Powell and McKnight, less Shonn Greene. I don't think this needs an explanation.

3) More Coples, Ellis, Maybin and Davis on defense. We need SPEED.

Now, if we're not trying to salvage the season, and are playing for an early draft pick:

1) Don't change anything.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 10-02-2012 at 09:06 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Oh I'm not going anywhere chump, I assure you of that...

I don't want anybody to forget anything, no tricks, just show us all the post, and you have a case to be made, and I'll eat crow on any such prediction...

Until then, you are nothing but a shameless jackass.

I'll go one better, find the post, post the post and the LINK to the post, and you can ask any mod here to ban me for as long as you want..

That is the challenge, to you, the board, whoever... Will you accept it, and stand by your crap, or will you dance around it like you do everything else like the attention seeking jackass you are?

Let's go *****, I'm waiting...
    No one cares about your stupid prediction of 12 wins. You are the only fool who believed yourself.

Everyone cares about how you abused and harassed dozens of posters between the months of April and August pretending you're some "superfan" when really you are just a joke who has completely misread the talent level on this team.

Do us a favor and shut up now. What you preached to us for five long months was a lie and trying to repair your credibility with these "here's how to fix blah blah" threads isn't going to work. You are hated by many, many people and you have not offered an apology for making the board miserable all summer.

Have a nice Fall, Rah Rah.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    If you're trying to salvage the season, then here's what you do:

1) Start Tebow. He's a poor passer (as is Sanchez), but he creates problems for a defense because he's a threat to run the ball. Sanchez has shown he's not a leader. Leadership is one of Tebow's best qualities.

Also believe it or not our personnel fits Tebow's style much better than Sanchez's. Hill came from Georgia Tech, a run-heavy offense, and is a good blocker. He has great speed for the deep ball, another thing Tebow isn't bad at executing. Patrick Turner is a good blocker as well. You want ground and pound? Tebow provides it.

We used a fourth on him, we may as well see what he's got.

I can't believe I want to Tebow to start....

Have to disagree. The correct answer is CUT TEBLOW NOW -- he stinks and every time he gets on the field the Jets end up throwing away a down and the yardage he loses. Admit the mistake now and DUMP this bum

2) More Powell and McKnight, less Shonn Greene. I don't think this needs an explanation.

agree

3) More Coples, Ellis, Maybin and Davis on defense. We need SPEED.

absolutely the correct answer

Coples, Davis, Maybin, Ellis IN

Scott, Pace, Harris and Thomas - OUT THE DOOR and off to the nursing home for slow aged former football players

Now, if we're not trying to salvage the season, and are playing for an early draft pick:

1) Don't change anything.
    see above

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You and I both know this but to many Herm will always be barbeque Herm to most out here. The truth is the Jets as a team or an organization were NEVER like this under Herm NEVER!!
    Herm coached scared too often. While I agree the team was much more disciplined and didn't make a lot of mistakes. He was never going to win, because contrary to his famous "you play to win the game" remarks...

He, way too often played not to lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4626549]No one cares about your stupid prediction of 12 wins. You are the only fool who believed yourself.

Everyone cares about how you abused and harassed dozens of posters between the months of April and August pretending you're some "superfan" when really you are just a joke who has completely misread the talent level on this team.

Do us a favor and shut up now. What you preached to us for five long months was a lie and trying to repair your credibility with these "here's how to fix blah blah" threads isn't going to work. You are hated by many, many people and you have not offered an apology for making the board miserable all summer.

Have a nice Fall, Rah Rah.

Ray is a kool-aid fan that I took plenty of abuse from but I don't think anyone hates him. Because he now sees the team a little more clearly after 4 games- his mind set has changed. The off season is the time for the rah rah stuff, the actual season is what it is.

Just because he made the board tuff for me and you does not mean he should not post. Remember nobody was more wrong than you with the ticket sell out date.