Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Stokes disappears....

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh snap

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Proof of Life

Monday Night

Tuesday—Weeburn Country Club—beautiful course, played great

Wednesday/Thursday—visited schools in Boston with my sopne, took him and my daughptne out to Rino’s Place in East Boston for the best Lobster Ravioli I have ever had

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az2qmVglV8s

Note to Dicks: My short sabbatical had/has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez and how awful he has been—and he has been putrid. I didn’t back away because of Snackchez or the bashing he’s rightfully taking or to “take a stand”. Before I was a Sanchez defender, I was a Kelvin Clemmohns defender, before that I was a huge Chad defender, before that I was a huge Vinny defender, before, during and after it was Ratliff and Foley and Blake and Esiason and Ramsey and O’Donnell and Nagle and Ryan and O’Brien and Todd—I even tried to convince my wife (unsuccessfully) to name one of my sons Troy after Troy Taylor and none of you guys probably even remember him. To suggest I would have returned had Sanchez thrown for 600 yards and 5 TDs against Miami or Houston is, quite frankly, insulting. Next year I’m going to be the biggest Geno Smith or Matt Barkley or Brady Quinn or whomever we bring in defender—and if it’s still Sanchez, I’ll continue to hope and defend him. Just wanted to take a break and to be honest, it’s been quite liberating.

Note to SAR: Wishing death on someone is bad karma—and after seeing your pictures, you look like you really need to start hitting the gym.

Note to TechJet: The next time I “take heed” from an illiterate f*cktard will be my first.

Note to Poli: Still really sorry about that comment about your sister—I really did not know.

Note to Paulie: LOLGFY.

Note to FF2, Timmy and Borgo: You’re still invited.

Note to all: Given the month. schedule your wimmens mamo’s if they have not already done so. Do it now. Don’t wait.

Note to 32:

See you dudes in November. POSSIBLY.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's my note?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No note for you, but here's my note-

"Note to Wimmens - Free Breast Exams - Big L's office."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to take a break and to be honest, it’s been quite liberating.
    Good for you, glad you enjoyed/are enjoying it.

Nice pics btw, very cool (Ravioli look awesome tbh), thanks for sharing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who pissed in his mini cheerios?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh... all is right in the world.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Monday Night

Wednesday/Thursday—visited schools in Boston with my sopne, took him and my daughptne out to Rino’s Place in East Boston for the best Lobster Ravioli I have ever had

Note to Dicks: My short sabbatical had/has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez and how awful he has been—and he has been putrid. I didn’t back away because of Snackchez or the bashing he’s rightfully taking or to “take a stand”. Before I was a Sanchez defender, I was a Kelvin Clemmohns defender, before that I was a huge Chad defender, before that I was a huge Vinny defender, before, during and after it was Ratliff and Foley and Blake and Esiason and Ramsey and O’Donnell and Nagle and Ryan and O’Brien and Todd—I even tried to convince my wife (unsuccessfully) to name one of my sons Troy after Troy Taylor and none of you guys probably even remember him. To suggest I would have returned had Sanchez thrown for 600 yards and 5 TDs against Miami or Houston is, quite frankly, insulting. Next year I’m going to be the biggest Geno Smith or Matt Barkley or Brady Quinn or whomever we bring in defender—and if it’s still Sanchez, I’ll continue to hope and defend him. Just wanted to take a break and to be honest, it’s been quite liberating.

Note to SAR: Wishing death on someone is bad karma—and after seeing your pictures, you look like you really need to start hitting the gym.

Note to TechJet: The next time I “take heed” from an illiterate f*cktard will be my first.

Note to Poli: Still really sorry about that comment about your sister—I really did not know.

Note to all: Given the month. schedule your wimmens mamo’s if they have not already done so. Do it now. Don’t wait.

Note to 32:

_

Vintage Stokes. 12 pounds of win crammed into an 8 pound bag.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cross curiously left off the list of Stokes shout outs.

Speaking of Cross, there's been a Stokes sighting and no requisite photoshop. Getting a slow trigger finger?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    well that's better

Wife and I made a note to visit Rino's after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (although it isn't any of those).

welcome back

your dreams were your ticket out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Cross curiously left off the list of Stokes shout outs.

Speaking of Cross, there's been a Stokes sighting and no requisite photoshop. Getting a slow trigger finger?
    Not slacking... was on the phone with a friend... I'm sitting front row at the Yankee game tonight.

Good top have you back stokes!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been pulling a Stokes and started texting people picture of beers whilst on the golf course - there's no better way to get under someone's skin. Perhaps I'll ask the cart girl to get on her knees whilst serving the beer next time....

Glad to see you back, pal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmVhyHBRAM

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Where's my note?
    +1

WTF is my note. I even photoshopped (MS Paint) Stokes' disgruntled rage face onto the head of a black midget child actor from the 1980's!

Can't he see how concerned I was about his whereabouts?!?!?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    well that's better

Wife and I made a note to visit Rino's after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (although it isn't any of those).

welcome back

your dreams were your ticket out.
    We attempted to go there, ended up being an hour wait with the line out the door. Thus, we went to Santarpios instead and I can't say I was disappointed. Although, I really don't like eating in that part of the city because it has that feel of the trashy Southie part of town. But, you can get 2.5 lbs of lobster for 15$ over there and it's not like I've never been in less than desirable areas (Elizabeth, NJ I'm looking at you).

Either way, if I want Italian I go to the North End. Period. No questions asked. I prefer Regina's and Antico Forno.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you're okay and plan to return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Paq7Ov-yo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    We attempted to go there, ended up being an hour wait with the line out the door. Thus, we went to Santarpios instead and I can't say I was disappointed. Although, I really don't like eating in that part of the city because it has that feel of the trashy Southie part of town. But, you can get 2.5 lbs of lobster for 15$ over there and it's not like I've never been in less than desirable areas (Elizabeth, NJ I'm looking at you).

Either way, if I want Italian I go to the North End. Period. No questions asked. I prefer Regina's and Antico Forno.
    Well if that aint the pot calling the kettle black.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post

Actually, that's in Eastie, not Southie. And Rino's has some of the best Italian in the city. Much better than most of the tourist drek one gets in the North End. Shame that it was on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives though, as now there's over an hour wait every night.

Welcome back Stokes. Those Lob Ravs are incredible, aren't they?!
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 10-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Monday Night

Note to 32:

_
    Welcome back.........