Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 264

Thread: Stokes disappears....

  1. #221
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,662
    Post Thanks / Like

  2. #222
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh snap

  3. #223
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Proof of Life

    Monday Night



    Tuesday—Weeburn Country Club—beautiful course, played great



    Wednesday/Thursday—visited schools in Boston with my sopne, took him and my daughptne out to Rino’s Place in East Boston for the best Lobster Ravioli I have ever had





    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az2qmVglV8s

    Note to Dicks: My short sabbatical had/has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez and how awful he has been—and he has been putrid. I didn’t back away because of Snackchez or the bashing he’s rightfully taking or to “take a stand”. Before I was a Sanchez defender, I was a Kelvin Clemmohns defender, before that I was a huge Chad defender, before that I was a huge Vinny defender, before, during and after it was Ratliff and Foley and Blake and Esiason and Ramsey and O’Donnell and Nagle and Ryan and O’Brien and Todd—I even tried to convince my wife (unsuccessfully) to name one of my sons Troy after Troy Taylor and none of you guys probably even remember him. To suggest I would have returned had Sanchez thrown for 600 yards and 5 TDs against Miami or Houston is, quite frankly, insulting. Next year I’m going to be the biggest Geno Smith or Matt Barkley or Brady Quinn or whomever we bring in defender—and if it’s still Sanchez, I’ll continue to hope and defend him. Just wanted to take a break and to be honest, it’s been quite liberating.

    Note to SAR: Wishing death on someone is bad karma—and after seeing your pictures, you look like you really need to start hitting the gym.

    Note to TechJet: The next time I “take heed” from an illiterate f*cktard will be my first.

    Note to Poli: Still really sorry about that comment about your sister—I really did not know.

    Note to Paulie: LOLGFY.

    Note to FF2, Timmy and Borgo: You’re still invited.

    Note to all: Given the month. schedule your wimmens mamo’s if they have not already done so. Do it now. Don’t wait.

    Note to 32:



    See you dudes in November. POSSIBLY.

    _

  4. #224
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's my note?

  5. #225
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    2,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    No note for you, but here's my note-



    "Note to Wimmens - Free Breast Exams - Big L's office."

  6. #226
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to take a break and to be honest, it’s been quite liberating.
    Good for you, glad you enjoyed/are enjoying it.

    Nice pics btw, very cool (Ravioli look awesome tbh), thanks for sharing.

  7. #227
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who pissed in his mini cheerios?

  8. #228
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh... all is right in the world.

  9. #229
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Monday Night



    Tuesday—Weeburn Country Club—beautiful course, played great



    Wednesday/Thursday—visited schools in Boston with my sopne, took him and my daughptne out to Rino’s Place in East Boston for the best Lobster Ravioli I have ever had





    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az2qmVglV8s

    Note to Dicks: My short sabbatical had/has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez and how awful he has been—and he has been putrid. I didn’t back away because of Snackchez or the bashing he’s rightfully taking or to “take a stand”. Before I was a Sanchez defender, I was a Kelvin Clemmohns defender, before that I was a huge Chad defender, before that I was a huge Vinny defender, before, during and after it was Ratliff and Foley and Blake and Esiason and Ramsey and O’Donnell and Nagle and Ryan and O’Brien and Todd—I even tried to convince my wife (unsuccessfully) to name one of my sons Troy after Troy Taylor and none of you guys probably even remember him. To suggest I would have returned had Sanchez thrown for 600 yards and 5 TDs against Miami or Houston is, quite frankly, insulting. Next year I’m going to be the biggest Geno Smith or Matt Barkley or Brady Quinn or whomever we bring in defender—and if it’s still Sanchez, I’ll continue to hope and defend him. Just wanted to take a break and to be honest, it’s been quite liberating.

    Note to SAR: Wishing death on someone is bad karma—and after seeing your pictures, you look like you really need to start hitting the gym.

    Note to TechJet: The next time I “take heed” from an illiterate f*cktard will be my first.

    Note to Poli: Still really sorry about that comment about your sister—I really did not know.

    Note to Paulie: LOLGFY.

    Note to FF2, Timmy and Borgo: You’re still invited.

    Note to all: Given the month. schedule your wimmens mamo’s if they have not already done so. Do it now. Don’t wait.

    Note to 32:



    See you dudes in November. POSSIBLY.

    _


    Vintage Stokes. 12 pounds of win crammed into an 8 pound bag.

  10. #230
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cross curiously left off the list of Stokes shout outs.

    Speaking of Cross, there's been a Stokes sighting and no requisite photoshop. Getting a slow trigger finger?

  11. #231
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    well that's better

    Wife and I made a note to visit Rino's after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (although it isn't any of those).

    welcome back

    your dreams were your ticket out.

  12. #232
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Cross curiously left off the list of Stokes shout outs.

    Speaking of Cross, there's been a Stokes sighting and no requisite photoshop. Getting a slow trigger finger?
    Not slacking... was on the phone with a friend... I'm sitting front row at the Yankee game tonight.

    Good top have you back stokes!


  13. #233
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been pulling a Stokes and started texting people picture of beers whilst on the golf course - there's no better way to get under someone's skin. Perhaps I'll ask the cart girl to get on her knees whilst serving the beer next time....

    Glad to see you back, pal.

  14. #234
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmVhyHBRAM

  15. #235
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Where's my note?
    +1

    WTF is my note. I even photoshopped (MS Paint) Stokes' disgruntled rage face onto the head of a black midget child actor from the 1980's!

    Can't he see how concerned I was about his whereabouts?!?!?

  16. #236
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    well that's better

    Wife and I made a note to visit Rino's after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (although it isn't any of those).

    welcome back

    your dreams were your ticket out.
    We attempted to go there, ended up being an hour wait with the line out the door. Thus, we went to Santarpios instead and I can't say I was disappointed. Although, I really don't like eating in that part of the city because it has that feel of the trashy Southie part of town. But, you can get 2.5 lbs of lobster for 15$ over there and it's not like I've never been in less than desirable areas (Elizabeth, NJ I'm looking at you).

    Either way, if I want Italian I go to the North End. Period. No questions asked. I prefer Regina's and Antico Forno.

  17. #237
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you're okay and plan to return.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Paq7Ov-yo

  18. #238
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    2,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    We attempted to go there, ended up being an hour wait with the line out the door. Thus, we went to Santarpios instead and I can't say I was disappointed. Although, I really don't like eating in that part of the city because it has that feel of the trashy Southie part of town. But, you can get 2.5 lbs of lobster for 15$ over there and it's not like I've never been in less than desirable areas (Elizabeth, NJ I'm looking at you).

    Either way, if I want Italian I go to the North End. Period. No questions asked. I prefer Regina's and Antico Forno.
    Well if that aint the pot calling the kettle black.

  19. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    We attempted to go there, ended up being an hour wait with the line out the door. Thus, we went to Santarpios instead and I can't say I was disappointed. Although, I really don't like eating in that part of the city because it has that feel of the trashy Southie part of town. But, you can get 2.5 lbs of lobster for 15$ over there and it's not like I've never been in less than desirable areas (Elizabeth, NJ I'm looking at you).

    Either way, if I want Italian I go to the North End. Period. No questions asked. I prefer Regina's and Antico Forno.
    Actually, that's in Eastie, not Southie. And Rino's has some of the best Italian in the city. Much better than most of the tourist drek one gets in the North End. Shame that it was on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives though, as now there's over an hour wait every night.


    Welcome back Stokes. Those Lob Ravs are incredible, aren't they?!
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 10-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.

  20. #240
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Monday Night



    Tuesday—Weeburn Country Club—beautiful course, played great



    Wednesday/Thursday—visited schools in Boston with my sopne, took him and my daughptne out to Rino’s Place in East Boston for the best Lobster Ravioli I have ever had





    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az2qmVglV8s

    Note to Dicks: My short sabbatical had/has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez and how awful he has been—and he has been putrid. I didn’t back away because of Snackchez or the bashing he’s rightfully taking or to “take a stand”. Before I was a Sanchez defender, I was a Kelvin Clemmohns defender, before that I was a huge Chad defender, before that I was a huge Vinny defender, before, during and after it was Ratliff and Foley and Blake and Esiason and Ramsey and O’Donnell and Nagle and Ryan and O’Brien and Todd—I even tried to convince my wife (unsuccessfully) to name one of my sons Troy after Troy Taylor and none of you guys probably even remember him. To suggest I would have returned had Sanchez thrown for 600 yards and 5 TDs against Miami or Houston is, quite frankly, insulting. Next year I’m going to be the biggest Geno Smith or Matt Barkley or Brady Quinn or whomever we bring in defender—and if it’s still Sanchez, I’ll continue to hope and defend him. Just wanted to take a break and to be honest, it’s been quite liberating.

    Note to SAR: Wishing death on someone is bad karma—and after seeing your pictures, you look like you really need to start hitting the gym.

    Note to TechJet: The next time I “take heed” from an illiterate f*cktard will be my first.

    Note to Poli: Still really sorry about that comment about your sister—I really did not know.

    Note to Paulie: LOLGFY.

    Note to FF2, Timmy and Borgo: You’re still invited.

    Note to all: Given the month. schedule your wimmens mamo’s if they have not already done so. Do it now. Don’t wait.

    Note to 32:



    See you dudes in November. POSSIBLY.

    _
    Welcome back.........

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us