Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 264

Thread: Stokes disappears....

  1. #121
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Stokes always wanted to be a real boy.
    lolz

  2. #122
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this thread didn't lure him back, then JS might be gone for good. This would make me sad.

  3. #123
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,062
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    If this thread didn't lure him back, then JS might be gone for good. This would make me sad.
    If that's the case - then it makes even more sense for one to distance themselves emotionally when it comes to this crapchise. It's just not worth it.

  4. #124
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    If that's the case - then it makes even more sense for one to distance themselves emotionally when it comes to this crapchise. It's just not worth it.
    For various reasons, I've been where Stokes stands today (albeit significantly taller). Sometimes, things bother you to the point where you must take a stand.

  5. #125
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    If that's the case - then it makes even more sense for one to distance themselves emotionally when it comes to this crapchise. It's just not worth it.

    Exactly. The Tebow trade and the lack of real attempts at fixing major holes (WR, RT) in the off season, coupled with team's embarrassing implosion at the end of last season has made it easy to watch the expected results so far this season with barely a raised voice, and no broken remotes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    For various reasons, I've been where Stokes stands today (albeit significantly taller). Sometimes, things bother you to the point where you must take a stand.

    Meh, we all have real life (and death) to worry about. I'm done letting the Jets and Yankees give me much more than a very manageable next day bad loss emotional hangover.

    In re-reading what sent stokes off the deep end, i just don't get it. There is nothing on the strip that can change my mood even at all.

    Personally, I think he's been recruited for a little person's cooking challenge reality show and he's sequestered in a tiny house with 7 other mini-chefs.

  6. #126
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Exactly. The Tebow trade and the lack of real attempts at fixing major holes (WR, RT) in the off season, coupled with team's embarrassing implosion at the end of last season has made it easy to watch the expected results so far this season with barely a raised voice, and no broken remotes.





    Meh, we all have real life (and death) to worry about. I'm done letting the Jets and Yankees give me much more than a very manageable next day bad loss emotional hangover.

    In re-reading what sent stokes off the deep end, i just don't get it. There is nothing on the strip that can change my mood even at all.

    Personally, I think he's been recruited for a little person's cooking challenge reality show and he's sequestered in a tiny house with 7 other mini-chefs.
    Today on Chopped:


  7. #127
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is lurking.

    If the Jets win tonight and Sanchez has a career game, I expect him to be all over the Strip pissing on anyone who ever doubted his beloved Mark.

  8. #128
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    For various reasons, I've been where Stokes stands today (albeit significantly taller). Sometimes, things bother you to the point where you must take a stand.
    I blame the Hampur 47 percent. Those who make fun of people, but don't throw out a few softballs about their own defects.

    Yes, I said defects.

  9. #129
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is lurking.

    If the Jets win tonight and Sanchez has a career game, I expect him to be all over the Strip pissing on anyone who ever doubted his beloved Mark.
    +1

    Few long-timers leave JI forever, unless they decide to go elsewhere (JN or one of the other boards).

    And most regulars have taken a week (or five) off from time to time, either on purpose (needs a break) or just cause yoju know, :life: and :stuff: and :busy: For all we know, dudes on a normal Business trip.

    He'll be back when he's back if he wants to be back. Simple as that.

  10. #130
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've wanted to retire from this house of horrors for years.

  11. #131
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I blame the Hampur 47 percent. Those who make fun of people, but don't throw out a few softballs about their own defects.

    Yes, I said defects.
    Agreed. I've accepted, nay embraced, being called "tuna face" by the mockers and mean-spirited teasers who don't understand a person's need to enjoy feminine loins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    +1

    Few long-timers leave JI forever, unless they decide to go elsewhere (JN or one of the other boards).

    And most regulars have taken a week (or five) off from time to time, either on purpose (needs a break) or just cause yoju know, :life: and :stuff: and :busy: For all we know, dudes on a normal Business trip.

    He'll be back when he's back if he wants to be back. Simple as that.
    No way. He always checks in. No doubt JS' absence is as a result of the Sanchez bashing.

  12. #132
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No way. He always checks in. No doubt JS' absence is as a result of the Sanchez bashing.
    Never said it wasn't.

    "Needs a break" includes needs a break from say, "Sanchez Bashing/Criticism".

    Also.....who the hell calls you "Tuna Face"? Thats so......lame. Wow.

  13. #133
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Never said it wasn't.

    "Needs a break" includes needs a break from say, "Sanchez Bashing/Criticism".

    Also.....who the hell calls you "Tuna Face"? Thats so......lame. Wow.
    I was just responding to the "business trip" angle.

    No one calls me "Tuna Face". LMFAO. I was being silly with Timmy's comment. And, anyway, my wife is the only one I've munched since 1982 and she's as clean as a whistle.

  14. #134
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,062
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    For various reasons, I've been where Stokes stands today (albeit significantly taller). Sometimes, things bother you to the point where you must take a stand.
    I've become increasingly inclined to purge my den of all things NYJ using flammable materials & accelerants.

  15. #135
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I've become increasingly inclined to purge my den of all things NYJ using flammable materials & accelerants.
    The fervor in my household has lost much of it's allure and intensity.

  16. #136
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,062
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Agreed. I've accepted, nay embraced, being called "tuna face" by the mockers and mean-spirited teasers who don't understand a person's need to enjoy feminine loins.



    No way. He always checks in. No doubt JS' absence is as a result of the Sanchez bashing.
    The price to pay for being a defender of a certain player.
    These millionaires make enough money for that - they're called publicists. I don't care to be one unless Im getting paid.

  17. #137
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    The price to pay for being a defender of a certain player.
    These millionaires make enough money for that - they're called publicists. I don't care to be one unless Im getting paid.
    Honestly, the way JS went off on various pfail strip posters (now called the "GFY/LOLGFY Epoch") those few days before his departure shocked me. At first, I thought it was a goof.

  18. #138
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I've wanted to retire from this house of horrors for years.
    You don't retire as King of the hampur. There will be a bloody take over someday and then you'll be....free? Dead? Whatever. Also, Warfish thinking people really called Borgo Tuna face.. LOLz! That would be hilarious. In fact that's all I'm calling you from now on.

  19. #139
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    You don't retire as King of the hampur. There will be a bloody take over someday and then you'll be....free? Dead? Whatever. Also, Warfish thinking people really called Borgo Tuna face.. LOLz! That would be hilarious. In fact that's all I'm calling you from now on.
    LOL. Honestly, I believe the feminine scent is very reminiscent of the mildest nam pla coupled with honeysuckle.

  20. #140
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,062
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Honestly, the way JS went off on various pfail strip posters (now called the "GFY/LOLGFY Epoch") those few days before his departure shocked me. At first, I thought it was a goof.
    Maybe someday he'll come back, hat in hand, 2 teams after Sanchez gets named the starter in Cleveland and throwing TDs to BE once again

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us