Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Stokes disappears....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

When Timmy and Warfish get in on the photoshopping, you know you really have hit on a successful meme.
    Somebody "Cough"..Cross..."Cough" needs to stick Emerson Boozer in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, despite what Crossfire showed otherwise. But know this; what you wrote could easily read another way:

"I desperately took on a project doomed to fail in the hopes of possibly sniffing some tail. When it (predictably) didn't work out, I agreed to "store" the abominations in my gayrage. Despite my knowing a great deal about the subject and holding numerous examples, I tell myself I am NOT a collector."

:shudderlol:

Despite your obviously ( kinda creepy) obsession with me, I will admit you almost nailed it. First, the one's shown are not the really valuable ones that are hand carved one at a time out of linden wood by artists. The ones that are shown for 4500 Cz. Crowns are made in molds by the hundreds out of a hard plaster and then hand painted. I did happen to get the royal treatment for 10 days in Prague as a bonus. And yes, I was smitten by skilled, sexually charged, beautiful Czech artists and got involved trying to market these strange looking puppets to an uninterested American market. And yes, they occupy boxes piled in a corner in my garage, as do boxes filled with Mexican candles, and Malaysian picture frames, among other tsotchkes. None of which I collect as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Despite your obviously ( kinda creepy) obsession with me, I will admit you almost nailed it. First, the one's shown are not the really valuable ones that are hand carved one at a time out of linden wood by artists. The ones that are shown for 4500 Cz. Crowns are made in molds by the hundreds out of a hard plaster and then hand painted. I did happen to get the royal treatment for 10 days in Prague as a bonus. And yes, I was smitten by skilled, sexually charged, beautiful Czech artists and got involved trying to market these strange looking puppets to an uninterested American market. And yes, they occupy boxes piled in a corner in my garage, as do boxes filled with Mexican candles, and Malaysian picture frames, among other tsotchkes. None of which I collect as well.
    Don't flatter yourself, I just take great pride in cross-pollination.

Forget about JS coming back. His guy is such a f**king POS, choke job, INT machine that, if I were JS, I'd be on the next freighter to Guam. And take "specs" Sparano with you, another clod.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Somebody "Cough"..Cross..."Cough" needs to stick Emerson Boozer in there...
    Funny thing is that I almost put him in there when I first made the pic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Forget about JS coming back. His guy is such a f**king POS, choke job, INT machine that, if I were JS, I'd be on the next freighter to Guam. And take "specs" Sparano with you, another clod.
    This franchise is so 'tarded, that if Sparano ever got canned I could see us completely going overboard in the other direction, and hiring someone like Mike Martz or something.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    This franchise is so 'tarded, that if Sparano ever got canned I could see us completely going overboard in the other direction, and hiring someone like Mike Martz or something.
    Sparano hire on the same level as the Kotite hire? What say you?

Either way, Sanchez seems to have some trouble throwing the ball this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I pray not.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Sparano hire on the same level as the Kotite hire? What say you?

Either way, Sanchez seems to have some trouble throwing the ball this year.
    Not as Earth-shatteringly maddening, but nearly as stupid. Why we ran to sign a bust like Sparano before the off season started for other teams still in the playoffs is perplexing.

All League
    Not as Earth-shatteringly maddening, but nearly as stupid. Why we ran to sign a bust like Sparano before the off season started for other teams still in the playoffs is perplexing.
    Beyond perplexing. Does ANYONE remember that he SUCKED in Miami??!! WTF?

A good friend of mine is a Dolphins fan, and he still breaks my balls about it. Told me and tells me Sparano was/is awful. When the Jets hired him, he said "WTF is your front office thinking?"

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Beyond perplexing. Does ANYONE remember that he SUCKED in Miami??!! WTF?

A good friend of mine is a Dolphins fan, and he still breaks my balls about it. Told me and tells me Sparano was/is awful. When the Jets hired him, he said "WTF is your front office thinking?"
    Your friend is right. I flipped out, too.

What was the hurry? In no way can I believe Sparano was the best OC we could have hired, especially after the debacle of his era in Miami.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez is the worst kind of guy to have on your team. He shows signs of brilliance, but then just plain sucks. If you have a Tim Couch or Joey Harrington, it's an easy call, get rid of them. I still suspect Sanchez could be a good qb with good receivers and a decent ol, but I'm not sure. I suspect we'll end up wasting 6 or 7 years on him, similar to Pennington.

At the same time, I also wouldn't be surprised to see him do well with another team.

On top of that, what a bizzare offseason. No offensive help in the draft, an offensive coordinator from a team with a history of no offense, and frigging Tebow of all people.

Jets football.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Sanchez is the worst kind of guy to have on your team. He shows signs of brilliance, but then just plain sucks. If you have a Tim Couch or Joey Harrington, it's an easy call, get rid of them. I still suspect Sanchez could be a good qb with good receivers and a decent ol, but I'm not sure. I suspect we'll end up wasting 6 or 7 years on him, similar to Pennington.

At the same time, I also wouldn't be surprised to see him do well with another team.

On top of that, what a bizzare offseason. No offensive help in the draft, an offensive coordinator from a team with a history of no offense, and frigging Tebow of all people.

Jets football
    That about sums it up.

Typical. Wash, rinse, repeat. Year after year. Decade after decade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

Jets football.
    Of all the years you wanted to see a solid off-season, this was it, and we didn't get it. Maddening sitting her watch them address nothing.

But Tebow, hey = offseason win!

Woody is morphing into Daniel Snyder. Even Snyder looks respectable in comparison lately.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Agreed on all points above.

I feel like Sparano was brought in for the same reason Tebow was brought in: both guys beat the Jets last year. And since the Jets are so full of themselves, they probably figured, "If the Broncos and Dolphins could defeat the MIGHTY JETS, they must have the most talented offensive minds and weapons at their disposal! We must have their secret weapons!"

Of course, the Jets SUCK, and that's why Miami and Denver beat them handily. Not because of Tebow Christ and Fat Corey Hart (I wear my sunglasses at night).

are we still talking about Stokes??

that little b*tch is gone, never to be seen again. (seriously, if he stands like 10 feet away, you literally won't see him)

you guys are worse than the Braylovers on teh Pfail...

Bewildered Beast
    You guys are giving up too quickly on Sparano. Sanchez; I have seen enough.

Given the beating Sanchez is taking en masse right now I doubt ol' Stokes will want to come back. The strip, should he venture there, would drive him nuts in milliseconds, unless his support for Sanchez has itself waned some.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Given the beating Sanchez is taking en masse right now I doubt ol' Stokes will want to come back. The strip, should he venture there, would drive him nuts in milliseconds, unless his support for Sanchez has itself waned some.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    LOL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Agreed on all points above.

I feel like Sparano was brought in for the same reason Tebow was brought in: both guys beat the Jets last year. And since the Jets are so full of themselves, they probably figured, "If the Broncos and Dolphins could defeat the MIGHTY JETS, they must have the most talented offensive minds and weapons at their disposal! We must have their secret weapons!"

Of course, the Jets SUCK, and that's why Miami and Denver beat them handily. Not because of Tebow Christ and Fat Corey Hart (I wear my sunglasses at night).
    LMFAO