Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: "Sanchez doesn't make the players around him better"

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    "Sanchez doesn't make the players around him better"

    Stuckey - is he still in the league?

    Braylon - fell of the face of the earth after sanchez

    Cotchery - from #1/2 to bench warmer

    Plaxico - not on a team

    With Sanchez these guys were all decent/good players.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum is gone after this year. He let Rex fool him into thinking offensive personnel doesn't matter.

    And yes, Sanchez does suck.

    Does Parcells want a GM job?

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,660
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if Rex would even catch on as a Defensive Coordinator if he was fired.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Stuckey - is he still in the league?

    Braylon - fell of the face of the earth after sanchez

    Cotchery - from #1/2 to bench warmer

    Plaxico - not on a team

    With Sanchez these guys were all decent/good players.
    Or goes to show you the talent the Jets try to get by with and start when most teams wouldn't.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Or goes to show you the talent the Jets try to get by with and start when most teams wouldn't.
    or both. it's not mutually exclusive. they could all suck and probably do.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Stuckey - is he still in the league?

    Braylon - fell of the face of the earth after sanchez

    Cotchery - from #1/2 to bench warmer

    Plaxico - not on a team

    With Sanchez these guys were all decent/good players.
    Only because of injury AND(now) not being utilized as an Every-Down WR(or rather a WR on every Passing-Down).

    I'm sure if he were to get released right now, the Jets would snatch him up.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I wonder if Rex would even catch on as a Defensive Coordinator if he was fired.
    Even you?


    You've sipped the fail strip hemlock?




    WHARGHARBL!!!!

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talent or not, the excuses for mark sanchez are over. He is done as qb in ny.

    Can he be successful elsewhere? Maybe. But it wont be here.

    Mark Sanchez is done in NY.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Tannenbaum is gone after this year. He let Rex fool him into thinking offensive personnel doesn't matter.

    And yes, Sanchez does suck.

    Does Parcells want a GM job?
    tannenbaum might not last the year.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Stuckey - is he still in the league?

    Braylon - fell of the face of the earth after sanchez

    Cotchery - from #1/2 to bench warmer

    Plaxico - not on a team

    With Sanchez these guys were all decent/good players.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,464
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Only because of injury AND(now) not being utilized as an Every-Down WR(or rather a WR on every Passing-Down).

    I'm sure if he were to get released right now, the Jets would snatch him up.
    His DWI might have had something to do with it.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is the worst starting Qb in the league at this point in time and just stinks.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Stuckey - is he still in the league?

    Braylon - fell of the face of the earth after sanchez

    Cotchery - from #1/2 to bench warmer

    Plaxico - not on a team

    With Sanchez these guys were all decent/good players.

    Actually a good point. Not that anyone cares.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    His DWI might have had something to do with it.
    The "Pettine" expression in your sig .gif is just fantastic.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,464
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    The "Pettine" expression in your sig .gif is just fantastic.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    His DWI might have had something to do with it.

    Other players have had issues with DUI's/DWI's while on OTHER TEAMS....yet I don't hear any of them being let go and not re-signed....


    If Woody did have something to do with BE not returning(which I'm doubtful at this point), then I think the tragedy he suffered when his daughter died(and alcohol addiction was one of her issues) definitely influenced his decision which would be stupid since(and I don't mean to sound callous here but....) his daughter did party hard and failed several rehab stints but I'm veering off the subject here.....

    I think this was more TANNY's call than anything else. Especially when, IN MY OPINION, Holmes(and his agent) whined about Braylon "stealing his thunder". (notice "IN MY OPINION" typed there for those who are about to blast me)
    Last edited by Vin; 10-01-2012 at 09:21 PM.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Stuckey - is he still in the league?

    Braylon - fell of the face of the earth after sanchez

    Cotchery - from #1/2 to bench warmer

    Plaxico - not on a team

    With Sanchez these guys were all decent/good players.
    Stuckey only caught 11 passes in his one year that he played with Sanchez. he had over 30 the year before with Favre.

    Braylon averaged 60 catches and over 900 yards in his last three full seasons with the Browns -- comparable to his 2010 numbers with the Jets.

    Cotchery averaged 75 receptions per year from 2006-2008 with the Jets. Caught 57 & 41 in two seasons with Sanchez.

    Burress numbers last year were well below his career numbers -- more likely attributable to a couple of years out of football.

    They may have been productive with Sanchez -- but they were as productive with other QBs before Sanchez. Sanchez did not make them better.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Or goes to show you the talent the Jets try to get by with and start when most teams wouldn't.
    rotflmao. You nailed that one!

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Other players have had issues with DUI's/DWI's while on OTHER TEAMS....yet I don't hear any of them being let go and not re-signed....


    If Woody did have something to do with BE not returning(which I'm doubtful at this point), then I think the tragedy he suffered when his daughter died(and alcohol addiction was one of her issues) definitely influenced his decision which would be stupid since(and I don't mean to sound callous here but....) his daughter did party hard and failed several rehab stints but I'm veering off the subject here.....

    I think this was more TANNY's call than anything else. Especially when, IN MY OPINION, Holmes(and his agent) whined about Braylon "stealing his thunder". (notice "IN MY OPINION" typed there for those who are about to blast me)
    I think you are correct! It was Tannenbum's call and he blew it in order to cater to our resident prima donna, Santana Holmes

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Stuckey only caught 11 passes in his one year that he played with Sanchez. he had over 30 the year before with Favre.

    Braylon averaged 60 catches and over 900 yards in his last three full seasons with the Browns -- comparable to his 2010 numbers with the Jets.

    Cotchery averaged 75 receptions per year from 2006-2008 with the Jets. Caught 57 & 41 in two seasons with Sanchez.

    Burress numbers last year were well below his career numbers -- more likely attributable to a couple of years out of football.

    They may have been productive with Sanchez -- but they were as productive with other QBs before Sanchez. Sanchez did not make them better.
    Yep, Sanchez didn't make any of these guys. All had the majority of their career highlights with other QBs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us