Thread: Hate him or not Sanchez will be back for one more year.

Hate him or not Sanchez will be back for one more year.

Regardless of how bad he plays Sanchez will be back for one more year due to the fact he is guaranteed next years salary. What I hope will happen is we start from the top down and get rid of Tanny and Rex and whomever comes in cleans house and starts again.
    You bring in Sanchez as one of the QB's in camp and you have him compete with a legit QB taken in the draft at some point (the earlier the better). You load your team with young players who are hungry and just not a name or some washed up vet.
    It will get ugly but at least we can start to build toward the future. The only vets that are worth their weight are Mangold and Revis. Other then that everyone is fair game depending on contracts.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He'll be back anyway.

Veteran
    Just out of curiosity - can anyone recall the last time a hugely expensive arm sat on the bench? I am sure this is not the first time it happened (not due to injury).

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Just out of curiosity - can anyone recall the last time a hugely expensive arm sat on the bench? I am sure this is not the first time it happened (not due to injury).
    Matt Flynn this year? Sure he isn't getting paid Sanchez money, but he's easily the most expensive qb riding the pine right now. Props to Carrol for playing the best qb on his team despite their contracts.

Another brilliant move by the bean counter.

Veteran
    Even if Sanchez stays, the Jets HAVE to draft a QB with an early round pick this year

former sanchez supporter and somewhat apologist here. everyone knows his issues so i'll sum it up quickly: punch him in the mouth early and he's useless, doesn't throw receivers open, doesn't make players around him better.

there are others but i wanted to be brief. i'm officially off the sanchez bandwagon. he's a 4th year guy being outplayed by tannehill.

all that said, him having another year on his contract isn't as bad a thing in my opinion. it gives the jets flexibility in searching for a new qb. if he's gone after this year, you either have to hand the keys to a bum journeyman or you're forced to draft somebody just for the sake of drafting somebody, not because they're the best prospect. this gives the jets 2 drafts to increase they're possibility of manuevering to get a quality prospect.

the main question in my mind is if tanny is going to be around to make the pick. something tells me rex may stick around longer than people expect...

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Flynn, Drew Bledsoe, and Warner come to mind. Warners last year in SL he was healthy but Bulger was better.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    former sanchez supporter and somewhat apologist here. everyone knows his issues so i'll sum it up quickly: punch him in the mouth early and he's useless, doesn't throw receivers open, doesn't make players around him better.

there are others but i wanted to be brief. i'm officially off the sanchez bandwagon. he's a 4th year guy being outplayed by tannehill.

all that said, him having another year on his contract isn't as bad a thing in my opinion. it gives the jets flexibility in searching for a new qb. if he's gone after this year, you either have to hand the keys to a bum journeyman or you're forced to draft somebody just for the sake of drafting somebody, not because they're the best prospect. this gives the jets 2 drafts to increase they're possibility of manuevering to get a quality prospect.

the main question in my mind is if tanny is going to be around to make the pick. something tells me rex may stick around longer than people expect...
    So the new GM that Woody hires will have to agree to keep Rex as HC?

This won't improve the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Even if Sanchez stays, the Jets HAVE to draft a QB with an early round pick this year
    I agree 100%. Problem is looking at this roster does not lead me to believe Rex and Tanny should be the guys making the picks. They should be first to go and let someone else go grocery shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So the new GM that Woody hires will have to agree to keep Rex as HC?

This won't improve the franchise
    no. i think woody will force rex on any new gm. woody has, even recently, openly voiced support for rex.

have him deported

The largest amount of blame has to be on Woody,Tanny and Rex. I know Woody wont sell the team but can he at least get rid of the big mouth and the accountant. Listen they did well for two years but we all knew once this went bad for Rex, it was going to get REAL bad. Its here and its time to make a change.

I'm more worried about Tanny's contract situation than Sanchez's lol