Thread: Poor Tackling-Reason Why

Poor Tackling-Reason Why

Rex said in his post game press conference when addressing his teams inability to tackle the following..." We can't risk getting guys hurt in practice"....this is a coach of a professional football team admitting that his team does not practice tackling because he is afraid someone will get hurt !....how is that possible...listen, I get all the new CBA rules and restrictions but you can't tell me that you can't practice tackling because someone might get hurt !!...YOU CAN'T SAY THAT !!!.....go back and listen to the press conference if you don't believe me.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Rex said in his post game press conference when addressing his teams inability to tackle the following..." We can't risk getting guys hurt in practice"....this is a coach of a professional football team admitting that his team does not practice tackling because he is afraid someone will get hurt !....how is that possible...listen, I get all the new CBA rules and restrictions but you can't tell me that you can't practice tackling because someone might get hurt !!...YOU CAN'T SAY THAT !!!.....go back and listen to the press conference if you don't believe me.....
    This isn't high school, they should know how to tackle already. What's next, lining up all of the players and doing cup checks?

Hall Of Fame
    Yet somehow the 49ers have no issues tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    This isn't high school, they should know how to tackle already. What's next, lining up all of the players and doing cup checks?
    This is easily the stupidest post ever written on here...based on this logic no pro team should ever have to practice...they know how to throw..they know how to catch...they know how to run...obviously you've never played a sport in your life...you play like you practice.....

Jets Insider VIP
    This is easily the stupidest post ever written on here...based on this logic no pro team should ever have to practice...they know how to throw..they know how to catch...they know how to run...obviously you've never played a sport in your life...you play like you practice.....
    ...and to prove it, Rex canceled practice this week.

Take the Texans and the over (even if you assume we won't score)

You can only tackle in practice 9 times per year.

Not even 9 days. 9 practice sessions.

The 49ers tackle well because the players on their defense are good tacklers that don't suffer breakdowns in their fundamentals and technique.

That's the biggest load of horse **** I've ever heard. The team can emphasize fundamentals every single day in practice. Use practice dummies. Go 1/4 speed and wrap up. Anything to get the players thinking about how to tackle on every play. You don't have to go out there and knock each other out to learn the techniques.