Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does Belacheat do it?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was actually not that much different in the first half. The sole difference being we had had 2 of our best offensive weapons, Gronk and Wes, both turn over the football and give the Bills fantastic field position.

That's really the only reason we were down in the first place.

And that's actually more worrisome to me than others. Both Wes and Gronk have come up small in the big game. Granted, Gronk's injury was the biggest factor, but right now I don't think Brady has anybody he can truly trust in the clutch.

Having said that, Bill is a perfectionist. And makes adjustments constantly during the game but Sunday was really one where he just probably told them to clean it up and unleashed Brady more than any major adjustments. If anything the adjustment was made prior to Sunday, when he probably let McDaniels know he was screwing a potent offense up by trying to get too cute with his changes.

Really no reason why this offense shouldn't have looked like this day 1 other than McDaniels experimenting too much and I think 1-2 put a stop to all that quick.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 10-02-2012 at 06:34 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Belicheck I thought was a great coach in the early to mid 2000s when he milked 3 SB titles out of teams with only slightly above average talent and while Brady was still developing as a QB.

Funny, now that Brady is elite, I think Belicheck's game management, operation of the D, and strategic decisions leave a lot to be desired. Overall, he still wins a lot of games, and you can't argue with that.
    I think the Patriots D has been victimized in recent years by bad personnel decisions and, in particular, Belichick's difficulty finding DB's who can play well within the current rules. Scrubs like Randall Gay who could elevate their games when more mugging in the secondary was permitted now just remain ineffective scrubs under today's rules. Belichick the GM has not adapted well to those rule changes.

It also helped Belichick's case that the 03-04 Patriots were loaded on D, with Law, Harrison, Seymour, Washington, Vrabel, Bruschi and McGinest all playing at or near All-Pro levels.

Now, he remains one of the best coaches in the game, but he has been flat out-coached in big games by the likes of Coughlin, Dungy and even Rex Ryan. He also has a propensity for the "panic challenge", where he wastes a time out in a game that is getting away from him in order to challenge some relatively non-consequential and non-controversial call. He did this most recently in the Arizona game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post

And that's actually more worrisome to me than others. Both Wes and Gronk have come up small in the big game. Granted, Gronk's injury was the biggest factor, but right now I don't think Brady has anybody he can truly trust in the clutch.

So has Brady. Think of the deep TD's he threw to Bethel Johnson in the 2003 playoffs against the Titans and to Deion Branch in the 2004 playoffs against the Steelers and ask yourself when he has last thrown a deep ball of similar quality in a big game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    On Sunday is was more the threat of Brady.

Bills played 7 in the D backfield daring the Pats to run.

Pats had 2 backs with 100+ yards.

GROUND AND POUND BABY!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I saw the game on Direct Tv. If the Bills had an actual NFL Secondary they would have won that game and the Cheats would be 1-3.
    They would have beaten the Jets in week one as well. Their dbs made our passing game look elite.