Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Geno Smith ?

Hypothetically speaking lets say we lay another egg aganist the Texans on MNF.And we use Tebow and he becomes a failed experiment.

The rest of the Schedule does not look easy and with the way the players are getting injured.....well it doesn't look good. I honestly see us winning 2-4 more games this year aganist the Jag's,Ram's and either the Bills or the Phin's which is not as easy as its been previoulsy.

I know many of you would rather want an offensive linemen. But having a new QB after 4-5 years of Sanchez can be good for the team. He's a dual threat and we can really build around him. This team needs a franchise QB that can actually help us not just game manage a game. Just imagine Smith to Hill. Maybe im just being unrealistic to belive this orginization would do the smart or sane thing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drafting another quarterback and subjecting him to this coaching staff would be like flushing money down the toilet. Unless the Jets are going to clean house and bring in a head coach and a staff that knows something about developing a young NFL quarterback, it's pointless to draft another QB. Bring in some journeyman and pay him $8 million a year and save the resources to build up the OL and the defensive front 7.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    Drafting another quarterback and subjecting him to this coaching staff would be like flushing money down the toilet. Unless the Jets are going to clean house and bring in a head coach and a staff that knows something about developing a young NFL quarterback, it's pointless to draft another QB. Bring in some journeyman and pay him $8 million a year and save the resources to build up the OL and the defensive front 7.
    ^this

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    What back up? Flynn? Young? its not a great Backup market and Im sick of having guns for hire that don't help wasting two years and setting us back again

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be criminal to allow this coaching staff to draft another QB and try to develop him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It would be criminal to allow this coaching staff to draft another QB and try to develop him.
    If we win 4-6 games this years with sanchez at the controls, how could we possibly NOT draft a QB. How much more of a leash could you give the guy (and I have been a big sanchez supporter).

The bigger problem is if we win 7 or 8 games, miss the playoffs, and play ourselves out of the running for a QB. At some point the best thing that can happen to a franchise is to have an abomination of a season (see Colts).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If we win 4-6 games this years with sanchez at the controls, how could we possibly NOT draft a QB. How much more of a leash could you give the guy (and I have been a big sanchez supporter).

The bigger problem is if we win 7 or 8 games, miss the playoffs, and play ourselves out of the running for a QB. At some point the best thing that can happen to a franchise is to have an abomination of a season (see Colts).
    Thank you, give the next couple games for Sanchez to try to prove himself Eli Manning style. But if he fails after all this time its time to Draft a Qb that can help this team out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I am all for drafting a QB. I think its something that most good teams do, even if they have a solid starter in place, look at the Packers, Eagles, Patriots, Broncos. I just have zero faith in this coaching staff being able to develop one.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The jets will crash and burn this year. We can only hope that Woody replaces mr T with a real GM...you know someone who actually knows how to evaluate talent: players AND coaches.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drafting a QB that puts up huge numbers in a league that is know for not having any defense is probably a bad idea.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is actually a decent chance that 2 or 3 of the teams that finish with the worst records in the league will not need a QB.

Saints, Phins, Lions, Tennessee, Oakland, Carolina and Indy all would not draft a QB number 1. Plus, I dont think that barkley will have near the grade that could bring in a haul like St Louis got for RGIII.

KC (definitely) and Cleveland (possibly) could look for a QB early, but other then that, there could really be an opening to get the top Qb at pick 5-7.

I shudder to think of another USC boy in here, but stranger things have happened.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex and Co has no clue how to develop a QB. Giving them a new QB would be pointless. Like it has been stated before, Rex, Tanny, and Sanchez are joined at the hip. If one goes, the other two should join them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope not. Whoever the Jets draft will turn to crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep seeing people blame the coaches for our QB woes. Anyone ever think Sanchez is just lousy? I know it's near unfathomable to think that the guy just sucks no matter who is handling him but there is that one tiny weeny chance no?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is actually a decent chance that 2 or 3 of the teams that finish with the worst records in the league will not need a QB.

Saints, Phins, Lions, Tennessee, Oakland, Carolina and Indy all would not draft a QB number 1. Plus, I dont think that barkley will have near the grade that could bring in a haul like St Louis got for RGIII.

KC (definitely) and Cleveland (possibly) could look for a QB early, but other then that, there could really be an opening to get the top Qb at pick 5-7.

I shudder to think of another USC boy in here, but stranger things have happened.
    oakland, kc and cleveland would.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    look draft the best player available at a position of need ol, d,l olb, receiver or rb.
    Notice I did not put Qb because I do not think there will be a franchise qb to draft where we will pick and we have to many needs to trade up for one

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    oakland, kc and cleveland would.
    I listed Cleveland and KC. Oakland actually has a ton of money and 2 first round picks invested in Carson Palmer

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I listed Cleveland and KC. Oakland actually has a ton of money and 2 first round picks invested in Carson Palmer
    but it's oakland. and if they can draft barkley i think they would.

here's my take on teams that would consider drafting qbs in the first round:

buffalo
    arizona
    cleveland
    KC
    phily
    oakland
    jax
    seattle
    jets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I keep seeing people blame the coaches for our QB woes. Anyone ever think Sanchez is just lousy? I know it's near unfathomable to think that the guy just sucks no matter who is handling him but there is that one tiny weeny chance no?
    That is a very real possibility. It's possible that no matter what team drafted Sanchez, he would have been a bust. But, that doesn't change my opinion that you could hand the next Dan Marino or Joe Montana to this coaching staff and they'd find a way to **** it up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno Smith by any means necessary