Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start Coples, Maybin and Davis

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Start Coples, Maybin and Davis

Our D is to slow to play in this league, ontop of that they now can't tackle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get all the hype with maybin. Guy has done absolutely nothing all year, yet everyone thinks he's an upgrade. I get he's fast, but that's it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    dp you get the hype for Scott, Pace, Thomas and Harris --- all of whom would lose to your grandmother in a footrace?

The Molasses Boys have to be replaced on defense SOONER than later

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I don't get all the hype with maybin. Guy has done absolutely nothing all year, yet everyone thinks he's an upgrade. I get he's fast, but that's it.
    I don't think anyone thinks Maybin is a superstar but to your point, he's fast and the current guys starting are just too slow to play NFL Football.

Let Maybin get more time as a starter and let him learn - maybe he turns into an every down player, but we'll never know if we don't give him the reps and a chance to learn.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks Maybin is a superstar but to your point, he's fast and the current guys starting are just too slow to play NFL Football.

Let Maybin get more time as a starter and let him learn - maybe he turns into an every down player, but we'll never know if we don't give him the reps and a chance to learn.
    Coples and Davis should be playing immediately, however maybin is a different story.

If you watched when he played OLB in the preseason he was a complete disaster. He has extremely poor instincts for the position, and other then straight line speed, offers very little as a football player at this point.

Yes reps would help him a lot, and if we are staring at 2-8 then Im all for starting him to see what we have. But at this point, he is so far from servicable at the position that you cant honestly put him out there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to agree. The guys that they would replace will not be here next season anyway. This will not happen, cause Rex would never takes a chance on younger or quicker players that will be here next season.

REX, THE SMOKE AND MIRROR SHOW IS OVER!!!
    THIS IS YOUR TEAM, YOU HAD 4 DRAFTS TO BUILD YOUR TEAM AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GOT?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    dp you get the hype for Scott, Pace, Thomas and Harris --- all of whom would lose to your grandmother in a footrace?

The Molasses Boys have to be replaced on defense SOONER than later
    I didn't say I like pace, scott and thomas either. Depth wise this team is a joke, when your backup and sack leader from last year hasn't made a play all preseason and has been invisible in the regular season. Harris is a pro bowler and i think a top 5 ILB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    when landry was calling out unnamed players i wonder how many of the lbs he was talking about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMBOJET View Post
    Our D is to slow to play in this league, ontop of that they now can't tackle.
    You want to improve the tackling by playing Maybin?

You play guys who play the game right in practice, you don't practice right you don't play. Players need to be shown that performance is what matters and not "senority"

Rex should come out and say every position is up for grabs and whoever practices the best plays. I believe only then will the team focus on getting better individually, The texans game should be chalked up as a loss and just start to put in players and a revised scheme based on who practices the best over the next two weeks.
    Last edited by patman; 10-02-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to get the younger faster guys installed in this defense. Davis, Maybin, Bellore and Mauga should all get Reps. These slow LB's are pathetic they seriously "Can't Stop a Nose Bleed"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if I agree with Maybin against the Texans. Run support is not his strength and he'll get run over IMO. I doubt you're going to see him much this game except in obvious passing situations. I can see giving Coples a shot and probably Davis but I wouldn't go with Maybin.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched Harris last game

He is as SLOW as the other members of the MOLASSES GANG at Linebacker

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

You play guys who play the game right in practice, you don't practice right you don't play. Players need to be shown that performance is what matters and not "senority"

Rex should come out and say every position is up for grabs and whoever practices the best plays. I believe only then will the team focus on getting better individually.
    Have you seen Pace tackle? He's f#cking awful and slow. Grabbing RB ties is not tackling

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear patman

worry about your own non-performing can't stop a nosebleed 2-2 defense and leave those of us who have actually seen the Jets Molasses linebackers play this season to discuss them

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Rex should come out and say every position is up for grabs and whoever practices the best plays. I believe only then will the team focus on getting better individually, The texans game should be chalked up as a loss and just start to put in players and a revised scheme based on who practices the best over the next two weeks.
    Problem with this is there not really allowed to practice anymore. The CBA basically says you can have contact less than once a week. That's really not time enough to evaluate players.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples should start.... Davis should get more reps on defense at both inside and outside LB.... Ellis should get a ton of playing time as well..

I think Maybin needs to be evaluated, but frankly, he has not show much of anthing this year in playing time he has received..

BT & Bart Scott are gone after this year... Pace can still play, but at what price tag... I don't think McIntrye is anything special but a reserve...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    they all should be seeing more reps Coples and Davis should be seeing allot more time.
    Harris is still fine I have no issue with scott as he can still make plays. Pace meeh He has been in coverage allot so it is hard to say. I have not seen him around the ball allot so again either he is doing fine in coverage or they just throw the other way or he is just invisible out there

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Davis Harris Sapp 4-3. Davis can play outside, or put Harris strong side. We need to stop running this 3-4 with Pouha not healthy(? he's getting pushed off the line which has never before happened.) Our best players are on the dline, and our 3-4 linebackers are too slow at this point. We need to get the lineman out there, and lets see what the new faster smaller LBs can do. Why would we expect that when we can't even bench Greene, Conner, or Cumberland? I guess we shouldn't. I'd like to see what Smith can do at RT also, and Vlad starting at RG. We might also want to put back in a little more zone blocking. I like Lankster over Wilson too. I'd like Kerley to get the ball more. Screens, pitches, end arounds. Can we loosen up the Dline a little please.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add Ellis to that list too

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    they all should be seeing more reps Coples and Davis should be seeing allot more time.
    Harris is still fine I have no issue with scott as he can still make plays. Pace meeh He has been in coverage allot so it is hard to say. I have not seen him around the ball allot so again either he is doing fine in coverage or they just throw the other way or he is just invisible out there
    Pace is just too slow, as is Thomas, and McIntyre is not the answer. Pace has been technically sound for the most part, but is horribly slow. He's in position all the time to set the edge, or pressure the QB, but then he's running in sand so it makes no difference. We have no 3-4 outside LBs to speak off at this point. We need to try something else. Bart has been fine. Yes he's missed a few tackles, but he's covering well, and blowing up blockers, but Harris is getting blocked out of plays by the line getting pushed back. My opinion is we need to try running a true 4-3. Coples needs to be in there all the time. He was one of the few bright spots of this last game, along with Landry.