Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start Coples, Maybin and Davis

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Add Ellis to that list too
    Ellis did play better than Pouha the first half, but he was getting pushed off the ball in the 2nd. Idk if he got tired, or got demoralized by the game. In a 4-3 I think Ellis would be a beast. I'd like to see Ellis at NT, with Devito at DT, and Coples ,and Wilk at ends on running downs. Move Coples in on passing downs, and put Pace, or Maybin on the end. I'd like to see Sapp get a chance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Dear patman

worry about your own non-performing can't stop a nosebleed 2-2 defense and leave those of us who have actually seen the Jets Molasses linebackers play this season to discuss them
    I seen the jets play this year 3 times. The games are all streamed you know.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I don't get all the hype with maybin. Guy has done absolutely nothing all year, yet everyone thinks he's an upgrade. I get he's fast, but that's it.
    --Maybin got 6 flukey sacks and a fanbase that has been starved for watching a pass rusher fell head over heals in love. He is a one-trick pony. All Maybin has is speed rush he cannot bullrush or swim move effectively and he's most likely an enormous liability against the run.

--Coples is adequate as a 3-4 DT but he needs to play 4-3 DE so he can edge rush. Problem is our LB's are too slow to play in that scheme.

Our linebackers are definitely the problem. In this defense, you need great mobile LB's to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Have to agree. The guys that they would replace will not be here next season anyway. This will not happen, cause Rex would never takes a chance on younger or quicker players that will be here next season.

REX, THE SMOKE AND MIRROR SHOW IS OVER!!!
    THIS IS YOUR TEAM, YOU HAD 4 DRAFTS TO BUILD YOUR TEAM AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GOT?
    To be fair, outside of 2012, Rex didn't have a full draft to build the team. In 2009 they traded their 1st and 2nd for Sanchez, as well as their 3rd, 4th and 7th rd picks to move up for Shonn Greene -- finishing with 3 picks. In 2010 they traded their 3rd & 5th for Edwards, a 5th for Holmes, as well as 4th for Favre from the previous year. 2011 traded their 2nd for Cromartie from previous year.

To make matters worse, they missed on picks for Gholston and Ducasse, and IMO also Wilson and Wilkerson who I believe are good players but didn't warrant 1st round picks when we had bigger needs on O.
    Last edited by suprjet; 10-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.