Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make or Break: Sanchez has to show what he's made of on Monday night!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Make or Break: Sanchez has to show what he's made of on Monday night!!

Let me start out by saying I'm one the biggest Sanchez supporters.

I know the deck is stacked against him on Monday ( injuries etc.), but it's time for Mark to step up and show that he can put this team on his back in adverse situations.

Isn't that what good QB's do?

I really believe that this could be his last chance! I don't want to see any sissy/panic mistakes or him cowering down when the pass rush gets intense.

Mark, it's your team. But them on your back and make the players around you better for a change. Brady would, Manning(s) would, Rogers would, heck even RGIII does it!

It's now or never Mark, this is it for you!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh he will. Even if he throws 6 ints, Rex will never bench this guy. Rex can't admit his mistake about Sanchez.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Oh he will. Even if he throws 6 ints, Rex will never bench this guy. Rex can't admit his mistake about Sanchez.
    What's to admit? NO WRs. No running game. A sub par offensive line. No pass rush. How much can one guy do? Why should Sanchez take all of the blame?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    What's to admit? NO WRs. No running game. A sub par offensive line. No pass rush. How much can one guy do? Why should Sanchez take all of the blame?
    He shouldn't take all the blame but he's certainly worthy of taking a good chunk of it.

He falls apart, once things start going wrong it looks like he gives up and seems like he just doesn't want to be there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets WRs for Monday night will be Chaz Shilens, Jeremy Kerley, Clyde Gates and Patrick Turner......LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has got to be frustrating. He can only minimize his own mistakes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has the worst body language of anyone in the league. The minute things go wrong he loses it. I understand that the talent around him sucks but other QBs over the years have had bad players around them and they find a way to pick them up. He makes bad decisions and holds onto the ball way to long. Some of this has to fall on the coaches because they are asking the horribly slow offensive players to run routes they can't but he has to make immediate decisions or get rid of the ball right away otherwise we have no chance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Jets WRs for Monday night will be Chaz Shilens, Jeremy Kerley, Clyde Gates and Patrick Turner......LOL.
    and Brady, Manning(s) , Rogers, and many others would make them look good!!

Mark can do it too. I really believe that!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirk55 View Post
    Sanchez has the worst body language of anyone in the league. The minute things go wrong he loses it. I understand that the talent around him sucks but other QBs over the years have had bad players around them and they find a way to pick them up. He makes bad decisions and holds onto the ball way to long. Some of this has to fall on the coaches because they are asking the horribly slow offensive players to run routes they can't but he has to make immediate decisions or get rid of the ball right away otherwise we have no chance.
    spot on!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He has already shown what he is made of:

1. Sugar
    2. Spice
    3. Everything Nice

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but the truth is those other guys do pick up the other players. Did you ever hear of Jacob Tamme before Manning turned him into a respectable TE. What about the fact that even 5th string receivers on Green Bay and New England end up with good statistics. That is either the QB, the coaches or the GM. Either way something is seriously wrong with our team. When was the last time we drafted a guy late and he turned into a superstar for our team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He doesn't by any means take all the blame, anyone that says his does not read these forums or is a flat out Sanchopologist. The guy got praise heapped all over him when the team had a top 3 defense, oline and running game and now that the team doesn't have that people bleat that poor Mark can't be expected to perform well.

Great play call....screen pass
    Good line blocking and preparation to get down filed to block.
    Running back slips out of the back field.
    Sanchez throws the ball 6 feet off the ground into a Dlinemans mitt and it gets picked off.

this is why the guy is taking massive heat and justifiably so. When we do have the right call, the guy is open , no pressure he still junks it up. Worst Qb in the league right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He clearly needs to play better. The entire team needs to!!!.. it will be a very tough task going up against the Texans.. Their offense is better than the 49ers and their defense rivals SF...

Coming off this disastrous loss,,, national game on Monday night at home.. I would expect a big effort from the team.... atleast hope!!!

I think Tebow will get nod at some point....

frankly, Tebow is no savior.... they will play differently when he is in there, but .... not sure it will be fun to watch and clearly not an indication that they will win games..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with Beerfish. Also, why does Sanchez have the worst completion percentage of any QB ever. I have seen blind people with more accuracy. Even when the WRs get open he throws a bad pass. With so little talent on offense the Jets can't afford to blow the few chances they get but Sanchez often throws the ball into the ground or to the opposing players. Remember the play a few weeks ago when Santonio was wide open in the end zone and Sanchez needed to lead him a bit for a TD, instead it was a horrible throw and incomplete.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He doesn't by any means take all the blame, anyone that says his does not read these forums or is a flat out Sanchopologist. The guy got praise heapped all over him when the team had a top 3 defense, oline and running game and now that the team doesn't have that people bleat that poor Mark can't be expected to perform well.

Great play call....screen pass
    Good line blocking and preparation to get down filed to block.
    Running back slips out of the back field.
    Sanchez throws the ball 6 feet off the ground into a Dlinemans mitt and it gets picked off.

this is why the guy is taking massive heat and justifiably so. When we do have the right call, the guy is open , no pressure he still junks it up. Worst Qb in the league right now.
    That attempted screen pass was kind of a breaking point for me. That was such a lazy foolish attempt at a screen. EVERY QB knows to throw that pass OVER the DE, not around him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was a big Sanchez supporter, but unfortunately, he is not the guy. Last Sunday was not an isolated incidence. When things go wrong, the good ones get pissed off. They have some fire in their gut. Mark submits. He plays scared. He looks at the rush instead of the receivers. Have you ever seen him stand tall and deliver a strike in the face of a rush and then get clobbered, but still complete the pass? I can't recall an instance.

He is also terribly inaccurate. He is now in the Tebow category for accurancy.

I am sure that he looks great in practice. Unfortunately you can't wear the red jersey in the real games.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    So THIS is the game Sanchez has to step up?

Against a team that is 8-0 in their last 8 games.

With a 20 point average win differential.

With his #1 receiver out and the jets #1 D player out?

Not like making this performance a gauge of his ability is unreasonable or anything.

Let me guess, "you have to pick up your game against the toughest opponents" What happened to the last 8 teams who got blown out by the Texans?

I don't know what anyone here does for a living, but could you imagine your boss coming to you and saying "I have hired one of the top 2 people in the world at your job. They are perfect int heir performance. You have to be better than them or you are fired" I am not sure who among us could do that. I am damn good at my job and I am sure I could not.

Colts is a better game to make a "must win". If Sanchez can't perform against the Texans, he joins a long list of QBs who could not. If he cant produce against the Colts, then we have a real problem. If he can't produce against Miami again, then we have a real problem. Not producing against the Texans? Not a surprise IMHO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Monday night is a game that was a loss before the season started.

Be realistic. If a change is made based on Monday night against that defense with this roster, then the entire front office and coaching staff should fire themselves.

Monday night is a borderline meaningless game. Just like last week was.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    So THIS is the game Sanchez has to step up?

Against a team that is 8-0 in their last 8 games.

With a 20 point average win differential.

With his #1 receiver out and the jets #1 D player out?

Not like making this performance a gauge of his ability is unreasonable or anything.

Let me guess, "you have to pick up your game against the toughest opponents" What happened to the last 8 teams who got blown out by the Texans?

I don't know what anyone here does for a living, but could you imagine your boss coming to you and saying "I have hired one of the top 2 people in the world at your job. They are perfect int heir performance. You have to be better than them or you are fired" I am not sure who among us could do that. I am damn good at my job and I am sure I could not.

Colts is a better game to make a "must win". If Sanchez can't perform against the Texans, he joins a long list of QBs who could not. If he cant produce against the Colts, then we have a real problem. If he can't produce against Miami again, then we have a real problem. Not producing against the Texans? Not a surprise IMHO.
    We may not win, but Sanchez needs to have a good game.

Like I asked above, wouldn't the good QBs make the players around them better in a similar situation?

Mark need to do that on Monday night!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately this guy is coming after Sanchez on MNF...

Born: 03/22/1989, in Pewaukee, WI
    Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 295
    College: Wisconsin
    Rookie Year: 2011
    NFL Experience: 2 years