Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop overreacting, Monday night is MEANINGLESS

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    It has nothing to do with being feared or excelling at any particular facet. It has to do with the fact that if you think Jacksonville, Miami, Buffalo, Indy, Seattle, St. Louis, Tennessee, San Diego (Norv Turner), and even Arizona are as good as San Francisco and expect them all to slaughter the Jets then you don't know much about football.

It's that simple. Despite the media hype, every single one of those teams is flawed. You can say their rosters are better or they are less flawed than the Jets, but that doesn't change the fact that they are flawed and can lose to ANYBODY.

It's less about the Jets and more a statement on how the league has parity, but in a bad way, it's not that every team is good, it's that there's very few good teams and a lot of teams that have major flaws that balance out in actual games.

It just so happens that San Francisco and Houston are two of the teams that don't have many flaws at all. You could argue that Houston is the one flawless team in the NFL right now.
    OK...so we are gonna commit another thread to what level of SUCK are the JETS really.

We will not win more than 5 games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Re-Act = Oh my god this is awful so let me give the players 2 days off so me and the coaches can sit down and do what we should have done in the off season and during training camp.

Pro-Act = Oh my god this is awful,we can't stop the run,rush the passer,run the ball or complete passes consistantly.So let me switch full time to the 43 and move Mo inside next to Ellis flanked by Coples and Mcintyre. Promote Sapp and Dowtin from the practice squad,and start him at the Sam, Davis at the Will and Harris inside. Really want to move Davis inside and put Dowtin at the Will, but going to give Harris the chance to lose his job. Secondary remains the same until i can replace Kyle Wilson with Berry.

On Offense I am making 3 changes .I am starting Vlad Ducasse at LG and Bilal Powell at RB with Tebow at FB. Sanchez has until the week of the Bye to keep his job at which time i give the ball to Greg McElroy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure he's has a ton of exposure to the schemes of the Ryans..........
    Did Tannehill?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Agreed.

Everything the Jets do gets twisted and turned by the NY and National Media.

Romo throws 5 picks last night and all I heard this morning was how he has no online help, his receivers are dropping balls, his receivers are not recognizing hot routes etc. etc. etc.

But here...it's supposed to be Tebow time because ESPN has the Monday night game next week and that's exactly what they want to drive up their ratings.
    Said the same thing today at work. Romo gets the pass, Sanchez gets the hammer, makes no sense. Romo is loaded with talent around him, Sanchez has zero talent around him.
    For some reason Romo is a media darling, the guy has done nothing in 8 years in the league, NOTHING!!
    The media and most fans are useless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Did Tannehill?
    You mean when he threw the pick 6 and when the Dolphins lost?

I doubt it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Re-Act = Oh my god this is awful so let me give the players 2 days off so me and the coaches can sit down and do what we should have done in the off season and during training camp.

Pro-Act = Oh my god this is awful,we can't stop the run,rush the passer,run the ball or complete passes consistantly.So let me switch full time to the 43 and move Mo inside next to Ellis flanked by Coples and Mcintyre. Promote Sapp and Dowtin from the practice squad,and start him at the Sam, Davis at the Will and Harris inside. Really want to move Davis inside and put Dowtin at the Will, but going to give Harris the chance to lose his job. Secondary remains the same until i can replace Kyle Wilson with Berry.

On Offense I am making 3 changes .I am starting Vlad Ducasse at LG and Bilal Powell at RB with Tebow at FB. Sanchez has until the week of the Bye to keep his job at which time i give the ball to Greg McElroy.
    Now you're talking and you know what?? It'll never happen. Well, I shouldn't say never.

Maybe in week 17 when we're 3-12 and down by 24 late in the 3rd to the Bills. Maybe then.

I love these ideas though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean when he threw the pick 6 and when the Dolphins lost?

I doubt it.
    C'mon..We all watched the game and know the Jets easily could of (should of) lost the game..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets lose to Indianapolis and Sanchez is bad, then they should make a QB change and start Coples and Williams.

Until then, this team needs to not overreact.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't pencil in W's, by the same token given a healthy fully dressed starting O I would expect to give both teams at least a run for their money, at minimum. If this O can't get things back on course, and that's a very average course you can start penciling the L's.