Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tannenbaum's moves have doomed Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think sanchez is shot, mentally. you don't get 10 years to improve.
    Great point. The fact remains that he has been under constant duress for the last season and 1/4. He is like Pavlovs dog, when he says hut, he begins shake like a leaf. I think a change of scenery might be good for him. But that contract---LOL---Bean Counter is NUTS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think sanchez is shot, mentally. you don't get 10 years to improve.
    Yeah, with the Jets, he looks shot. I was speaking career wise. For him, it will be best to leave the Jets and backup a real QB and learn so then he can have a Rich Gannon-esque career.

Why is it so hard to believe that Mark Sanchez doesn't have what it takes to play QB at the NFL level?

There have been plenty of QBs who had all of the tools coming out of college who could never consistently put it together week-after-week, series-after-series at the NFL level.

Sanchez career reminds me of David Carr. Houston never gave him the resources necessary to succeed (an OL ) and after a while he became shell shocked. So now he's a backup - not a terrible result but a bit of a waste of his talent.

Sanchez will likely follow the same career path to a backup role. His performance over the last 16 games suggests he's just not starting material.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Sanchez career reminds me of David Carr. Houston never gave him the resources necessary to succeed (an OL ) and after a while he became shell shocked. So now he's a backup - not a terrible result but a bit of a waste of his talent.

Sanchez will likely follow the same career path to a backup role. His performance over the last 16 games suggests he's just not starting material.
    That's the likely outcome.

But it's not the last 16, it's really the last 7. They are the worst QB play over the last 7 games of any QB over the same span, even with the great game against the Bills. He has something like 6 games of 60 QBR or worse in that span. That is the most disturbing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Mark Sanchez ruined Mark Sanchez

Newsflash: The vast majority of QB's drafted in the 1st round don't pan out. And it appears you can add Sanchez's name to the list that includes Joey Harrington, David Carr, Byron Leftwich, etc.
    Can you qualify how Sanchez ruin Sanchez? Also, I would say that Sanchez, whether you like him or not, has far exceeded they QBs you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sanchez missed his shot by towing the team's "party line" vis-a-vis Tebow's signing. Instead of calmly suckling the collective teats of Tanny/Rex/Woody, Mark should have thrown a s hit fit and refused to play if Tebow was on the team.

Why? It would have painted him a player with fire and balls, not a pantywaist. Shown everyone that he was the starting QB and team leader. Not someone who could accept a slap in face as Tebow's signing displayed. Guess he's either weak or content to just count his money and play out his contract, which was inexplicably extended after last season. (Another astute move, Mike.)

Mark, you choked, muchacho. Now, you must live with your "company man" behavior.
    +1

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We have way too many holes on both offense and defense to draft what would essentially be a backup QB in rounds 1 or 2. Sanchez probably played his worst game ever but he played pretty well 2 out of the 3 weeks before that. I want to see what happens after week 7 when our schedule finally calms down and we're not facing top 5 defenses every week.
    l
    Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, Sanchez will be benched by then and Tebow will have the luxury of facing the softer defenses and will be hailed as the savior.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Why is it so hard to believe that Mark Sanchez doesn't have what it takes to play QB at the NFL level?

There have been plenty of QBs who had all of the tools coming out of college who could never consistently put it together week-after-week, series-after-series at the NFL level.
    While it's true that there a plenty of such QB's, if you want a recipe on how to ruin a very inexperienced (16 college games) raw material QB in the NFL - follow the Jets MO.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    So here are my results.

good 10

OK 6

bad 11

Your rankings may differ a bit but I doubt I'm way off. Feel free to analyze the data according to your own rankings.

The numbers surprised me in that I tend to remember the recent good QB (Matt Ryan, Stafford) and forget about all the clunkers like JP Losman.

But there were very few QB outside of this list that are still playing. So the bottom line is that if a team wants a franchise QB, they have to draft him in the first round. But that's no guarantee that first rounder will be a good player for you. The hit rate is about a third. Maybe 1/2 if you add the guys who are OK (and several of these players are young QB who will likely get better).
    Well your throwing guys in there that were picked at the bottom of the first.
    where you are definitely more likely to bust. Look at the qbs taken in the top ten where sanchez was taken. Still a good bust rate.