Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    The #Dolphins have signed WR Jabar Gaffney and released WR Legedu Naanee.
    Guess we are just throwing in the towel.

Mind boggling.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    • Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano have come to be known for their creative genius in coaching circles, with Ryan consistently deploying a wide array of overload blitzes and Sparano being the first to introduce the "Wildcat" formation to the NFL in Miami. Both were on board with bringing wild card Tim Tebow to New York, in large part to keep defenses guessing how they will use him. In San Francisco’s 34-0 shutout victory, which easily could have been 41-0 had Colin Kaepernick not slid down on the Jets' 3 to avoid running up the score after a long run in the final two minutes, it was the proud sledgehammering Jim Harbaugh that outfoxed the opposition, sparking the offense by sprinkling in the option run by Kapernick. For the 49ers to climb the hill, they need more production from the quarterback position and are wise to be finding ways to get Kapernick much-needed experience, even if it’s not coming in traditional fashion.

• With WR Stephen Hill out and Santonio Holmes going down with a foot injury on the heels of last week’s loss of the NFL’s best coverman, Darrelle Revis, the Jets’ season is beginning to look hopeless. They are now 0-2 without Revis in the lineup, and their top offensive skill talent could be out for an extended period. As much as fans might be pointing their finger at QB Mark Sanchez, he was heavily handicapped Sunday without his two top receivers and an overmatched offensive line that did him no favors. No team has been hit harder by key injuries in the first quarter of the season, and it will be an uphill battle for the Jets to remain competitive the rest of the season. Good teams never use injuries as an excuse and find a way to lock and reload. Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum have their work cut out trying to resolve a lot of lingering issues.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...rprise-contend
    No mention of Keller. Another loss that affected Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Mind boggling.
    The towel has filed a grievance and wants NO PART of the JETS!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The best think that could have happen to mark Sanchez was to lose Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller.
    I somewhat agree, but does that statement mean you have a glimmer of hope for him?

The #Dolphins have signed WR Jabar Gaffney and released WR Legedu Naanee.
    Dolphin management is definitely reading JI.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    I just wanna thank CMart for these daily threads ........ helps keeping up with the Jets when you don't have time to look up the tweets/notes yourself.

Thanks alot bro.....much appreciated.

Sent from my LG-P999
    The Schefty of JI.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I somewhat agree, but does that statement mean you have a glimmer of hope for him?

Dolphin management is definitely reading JI.
    I think Mark Sanchez is a terrible QB prospect. The 1 thing that i cannot deny thou is that he has the ability that would allow him to be a solid QB .

He just doesn't have the proper work ethic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm extremely frustrated that Miami signed Gaffney while we're trotting out Clyde freakin Gates and Patrick Turner. Are you kidding me?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mind boggling.
    Jets have no chance of winning a super bowl this year. Therefore, the best thing for this franchise is to lose the remaining games, end up 2-14 and secure the 1st pick in the draft.

Then fire tanny and the coaching staff. Bring in Jay Gruden as HC and let him pick a qb with the 1st pick. He can then groom him just like he did with andy dalton.

Then, cut bait with all of the dead weight:
    pace, thomas, sanchez, holmes, greene, eric smith, bart scott, kyle wilson

This is what we should be focused on right now. Winning another game this year is detrimental to the franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mark Sanchez is a terrible QB prospect. The 1 thing that i cannot deny thou is that he has the ability that would allow him to be a solid QB .

He just doesn't have the proper work ethic.
    What does this mean?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Jets have no chance of winning a super bowl this year. Therefore, the best thing for this franchise is to lose the remaining games, end up 2-14 and secure the 1st pick in the draft.

Then fire tanny and the coaching staff. Bring in Jay Gruden as HC and let him pick a qb with the 1st pick. He can then groom him just like he did with andy dalton.

Then, cut bait with all of the dead weight:
    pace, thomas, sanchez, holmes, greene, eric smith, bart scott, kyle wilson

This is what we should be focused on right now. Winning another game this year is detrimental to the franchise.
    While I agree with you in principal, you can bet that Tanny and Rex still want to win this year. They are not worried about draft position, they are worried about keeping their jobs, and that means improving the team.

Looking at it this way, it simply doesn't make sense why Gaffney wasn't acquired.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    RT @tomecurran: Pats release defensive lineman Terrell McClain. 3rd-round choice in 2011 (Carolina), McClain was signed last week.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Dolphins signed wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, terminated the contracts of defensive lineman Andre Fluellen and wide receiver Legedu Naanee.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I'll take you up on that if I hit a game this season.
    anytime

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring him in for a look..what the heck..Rex is a genius

Sep 26, 2012

When the Carolina Panthers released Terrell McClain at the end of training camp, he was viewed as the biggest bust in his draft class to date. But on Wednesday, the former third-round pick was given new life in his NFL career.

McClain, who was selected 65th overall out of South Florida in 2011, signed with the Patriots on Wednesday and was already out on the practice field sporting his fresh No. 93 jersey. But while the move means undrafted rookie Marcus Forston is no longer with the team, McClain offers up more than just undeveloped talent. A big body that can fill in at defensive tackle, McClain's primary purpose is likely to firm up a line that is struggling to cope with Brandon Deadrick's absence inside. At 6-foot-2 and 300 pounds, McClain brings good size as an interior lineman. He may not bring the intimidating presence of a Vince Wilfork (6-foot-2, 325 pounds), but he's got the build necessary to make plays up the middle. Aside from his size, McClain is also a good athlete. He showed good lateral quickness at times with the Panthers last season. He's much more of a run stopper than a pass rusher, which is evidence by his 19 tackles and lone sack in 12 games in 2011. McClain's athleticism and agility should bode well for a run defense already exploited once this season.

Ray Rice ran all over the Patriots defense to the tune of 20 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown, in the Ravens Week 3 win. For a team that had held Chris Johnson to 11 carries for four yards just two weeks prior, this may have raised some eyebrows. Deadrick's absence from the rotation may have left Wilfork, Kyle Love and Ron Brace winded and unable to play to their normal capabilities. So as New England prepares to potentially face the powerful tandem of C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson in the Bills' backfield on Sunday, the addition of an athletic lineman up front seems attractive. The Panthers hasty decision to cut ties with McClain after just one season obviously presents concerns about his work ethic and durability in the NFL. But with so much raw talent yet to be harnessed, it's definitely worth giving the 24-year-old a chance to prove his worth and make an impact.

Read more at:
    http://www.nesn.com/2012/09/terrell-mcclains-size-agility-should-help-patriots-run-defense-add-depth-up-front.html

Positives: "Explosive defensive tackle prospect who looks best suited for a one gap system. Fires off the snap with a good first step, flashes power, and is tough to move off the point. Keeps his feet driving up the field and slides off blocks to the inside. Plays with good lean, gets leverage on opponents, and is fluid making plays laterally."

Negatives: Lacks natural bulk and gets locked up in blocks. Does not display a dominant base or bull rush opponents off the line. Marginal pass rusher.

Analysis: McClain has been a solid player at South Florida the past three seasons yet never truly elevated his game. He offers potential as a possible three-technique lineman or a penetrating tackle on a four-man line.

Projection: 2-3
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-02-2012 at 04:39 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I'm extremely frustrated that Miami signed Gaffney while we're trotting out Clyde freakin Gates and Patrick Turner. Are you kidding me?
    Gaffney should of been on this team week 1. We now have a bunch of wideouts who can't run a decent route to save their life. FO needs to go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does this mean?
    I only highlighted 1 word while u did the whole sentence.

We have all been privied to or told about all the thing Sanchez does to prepare . So i won't pretend like he doesn't have a work ethic. The problem is, how does he work.

I am not at Practice but i do watch most if not all the games. What i see is a lazy uninspired player whose body language doesn't inspire anyone. You can be in a room and not in a room. When u are the leader, u lead even when your play is not where it should be.

These are the things i see on sunday, and like anyone will tell u, how u practice is how u play. There's no urgency in Mark Sanchez and it shows up on Sundays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Gaffney should of been on this team week 1. We now have a bunch of wideouts who can't run a decent route to save their life. FO needs to go.
    not only do they keep signing defensive players and not sign offensive ones but they would convert a speedy rb to cb. the focus on this team is so defensive there's really no hope here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only highlighted 1 word while u did the whole sentence.

We have all been privied to or told about all the thing Sanchez does to prepare . So i won't pretend like he doesn't have a work ethic. The problem is, how does he work.

I am not at Practice but i do watch most if not all the games. What i see is a lazy uninspired player whose body language doesn't inspire anyone. You can be in a room and not in a room. When u are the leader, u lead even when your play is not where it should be.

These are the things i see on sunday, and like anyone will tell u, how u practice is how u play. There's no urgency in Mark Sanchez and it shows up on Sundays.
    So you would know what I was asking..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin Fishbain ‏@kfishbain
    Say what you will about Sanchez, but the #Jets are 30th in the league avging 3.2 yards a carry and 30th in run D, allowing 4.9 yards a carry

Football 101 - When your team controls the line of scrimmage good things usually happen
    Exactly. Jets haven't controlled the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball since game 1. Nothing significant will change until this changes. You can bring in all the talented "skill" players you want and you'll look good but still lose if your lines are getting beat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I do what I can...Just a yrly paid JI VIP will do
    Yeah man thanks for all the updates.It's appreciated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Danny Woodhead says hello.