Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/2

Jets Tweets & Info 10/2

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets cornerback Aaron Berry will have a $465K base salary this season. He is scheduled to make $650k in base salary in 2013

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets cornerback Aaron Berry will have a $465K base salary this season. He is scheduled to make $650k in base salary in 2013
    That is a steal if they can get him to behave.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is a steal if they can get him to behave.
    Agreed. A rare good move from Tannenbaum.

• Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano have come to be known for their creative genius in coaching circles, with Ryan consistently deploying a wide array of overload blitzes and Sparano being the first to introduce the "Wildcat" formation to the NFL in Miami. Both were on board with bringing wild card Tim Tebow to New York, in large part to keep defenses guessing how they will use him. In San Francisco’s 34-0 shutout victory, which easily could have been 41-0 had Colin Kaepernick not slid down on the Jets' 3 to avoid running up the score after a long run in the final two minutes, it was the proud sledgehammering Jim Harbaugh that outfoxed the opposition, sparking the offense by sprinkling in the option run by Kapernick. For the 49ers to climb the hill, they need more production from the quarterback position and are wise to be finding ways to get Kapernick much-needed experience, even if it’s not coming in traditional fashion.

• With WR Stephen Hill out and Santonio Holmes going down with a foot injury on the heels of last week’s loss of the NFL’s best coverman, Darrelle Revis, the Jets’ season is beginning to look hopeless. They are now 0-2 without Revis in the lineup, and their top offensive skill talent could be out for an extended period. As much as fans might be pointing their finger at QB Mark Sanchez, he was heavily handicapped Sunday without his two top receivers and an overmatched offensive line that did him no favors. No team has been hit harder by key injuries in the first quarter of the season, and it will be an uphill battle for the Jets to remain competitive the rest of the season. Good teams never use injuries as an excuse and find a way to lock and reload. Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum have their work cut out trying to resolve a lot of lingering issues.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...rprise-contend

Nick Mangold ‏@nickmangold
    If you're out and about in NYC, I'm hanging out at Chase on 60 East 42nd Street (btw Madison and Park) for the next two hours

Veteran
    re: rex's blitzes

Do we even blitz anymore?? I feel like that's all I saw in 2009 and 2010 and I have barely seen it since.

All Pro
    The best think that could have happen to mark Sanchez was to lose Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex is following on the magini path. Start out aggressive and win. and get more and more conservative each year and end up a loser.

Veteran
    Sigh, i just hope that something is done in the off-season, please bring in Polian to fix this mess!

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex is following on the mangini path. Start out aggressive and win. and get more and more conservative each year and end up a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex is following on the mangini path. Start out aggressive and win. and get more and more conservative each year and end up a loser.
    Iam going to get the papers get the papers.

All Pro
    OT possibly.

I am not a Tebow Supporter.....BUT

Why are there quotes from Rex about how the Wildcat isnt working how he thought it would?

Have i missed some drives, because i didnt think Tebow has even had a Offensive series to himself yet.

How many Times has Tebow ran the ball?...8-10 times? in 4 games?

If Rex thinks that they are going to get production from Tebow by tossing him out there for a play or 2 a half, he is a worst coach than i thought.

How about giving Tebow an actual drive to show you what he can/cant do before you dismiss him as non productive?

Everybody knows whats coming when you toss Tebow out there for 1 snap a quarter.

Lame.

Where the **** is the cliff?

It's a process.

Kevin Fishbain ‏@kfishbain
    Say what you will about Sanchez, but the #Jets are 30th in the league avging 3.2 yards a carry and 30th in run D, allowing 4.9 yards a carry

Football 101 - When your team controls the line of scrimmage good things usually happen

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Kevin Fishbain ‏@kfishbain
    Say what you will about Sanchez, but the #Jets are 30th in the league avging 3.2 yards a carry and 30th in run D, allowing 4.9 yards a carry

Football 101 - When your team controls the line of scrimmage good things usually happen
    He obviously didn't get the "It's all Sanchez' fault" memo

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    He obviously didn't get the "It's all Sanchez' fault" memo
    In all fairness, the majority of this board the past few days has been ripping Rex, Tanny and Woody. Most people - whether the think Mark is a bum or not - get that he's in a bad situation because of the folks upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    In all fairness, the majority of this board the past few days has been ripping Rex, Tanny and Woody. Most people - whether the think Mark is a bum or not - get that he's in a bad situation because of the folks upstairs.
    That's exactly right. No one here is solely blaming Sanchez, the entire team is a mess.

Poor drafting, poor coaching, poor game planning and poor execution.

Just because the team around him isn't any good doesn't mean that he's good. Sanchez is NOT a quality NFL and he never will be. Blame the whole world if you want, it won't change that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    re: rex's blitzes

Do we even blitz anymore?? I feel like that's all I saw in 2009 and 2010 and I have barely seen it since.
    actually going into the 49ers game the Jets lead the league in most blitzes. So the idea that we're not blitzing anymore is wrong. Maybe not as aggressively as 09 and 10 but I think most importantly the league has caught up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Poor drafting, poor coaching, poor game planning and poor execution.

That sums up the franchise pretty well.

I guess it really is in the weight. Note to future coaches: If you start out fat stay fat if you want to be successful.