Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Owner Woody Johnson would choose Mitt Romney election win over winning season for the

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Owner Woody Johnson would choose Mitt Romney election win over winning season for the

    What are your thoughts Jets fans?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3818--nfl.html
    Last edited by em kay; 10-02-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: mis worded the post.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,458
    Post Thanks / Like
    *dump*

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to agree with Woody.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    *pmud*

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like
    Football trumps politics for me because I know that all politicians are worthless pieces of sh*t cut from the same cloth.

    IMHO wanting to run for a political office should automatically disqualify you from running...

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's probably because he has more money at stake with the election than whether or not the Jets have a winning season.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by em kay View Post
    This thread belongs squarely in the Politics and World Events forum, not the NFL Forum.

    Topic is clearly political, not football content.

    I suggest to the Mods that it be moved immediately.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    This thread belongs squarely in the Politics and World Events forum, not the NFL Forum.

    Topic is clearly political, not football content.

    I suggest to the Mods that it be moved immediately.
    I disagree. There is clearly a football element. Lets call him candidate X. Woody admits candidate X is more important to him than seeing the Jets succeed. That doesn't make me feel too confident as a fan.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by em kay View Post
    Woody making that statement is foolhardy. Why alienate JETS fans?

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I disagree. There is clearly a football element.
    No, there isn't. The fact that he is an NFL OWner is 100% irrelevant to the content of the issue at hand, which is 100% politics.

    You're the Mod Pete, and I respect that. But if you recall, I do know a thing or two about such things too.

    I think the only reason to keep this on the Strip is for people angry with Woody, and who vote (D), to get a chance to beat the **** out him even more for his choice of party without having to go to the Poli-Sci forum to do it.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of who you are voting for, the Presidential election IS more important than a football season.

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    No, there isn't. The fact that he is an NFL OWner is 100% irrelevant to the content of the issue at hand, which is 100% politics.

    You're the Mod Pete, and I respect that. But if you recall, I do know a thing or two about such things too.

    I think the only reason to keep this on the Strip is for people angry with Woody, and who vote (D), to get a chance to beat the **** out him even more for his choice of party without having to go to the Poli-Sci forum to do it.
    Leave the politics out of it then. When the owner unequivocally states that something is more important than winning then there is a very large problem at hand for the team.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh so that's why the Jets are playing like sh!t.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Leave the politics out of it then. When the owner unequivocally states that something is more important than winning then there is a very large problem at hand for the team.
    Seriously?

    The fate of the country (at stake in every election) IS UNQUESTIONABLY more important that a football teams record, in any and every circumstance.

    Anyone who would try and claim that the results of a football game are more important than our Democracy is a ****ing idiot of the highest order.

    To make that claim is akin to demanding news coverage of say, the murder of the U.S. Libyan Ambassador be yanked so they can cover the Jets Practice that week.

    /facepalm

    This will not end well Pete, but we both know that. Best of luck with it.

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Seriously?

    The fate of the country (at stake in every election) IS UNQUESTIONABLY more important that a football teams record, in any and every circumstance.

    Anyone who would try and claim that the results of a football game are more important than our Democracy is a ****ing idiot of the highest order.

    To make that claim is akin to demanding news coverage of say, the murder of the U.S. Libyan Ambassador be yanked so they can cover the Jets Practice that week.

    /facepalm

    This will not end well Pete, but we both know that. Best of luck with it.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing," "Breathing first, winning next." - George M. Steinbrenner

    It would be nice to see some of that same vitriol from the Jets owner.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing," "Breathing first, winning next." - George M. Steinbrenner

    It would be nice to see some of that same vitriol from the Jets owner.
    I.e.

    "Whats da hell it this Lib-ya thing do'in on my TV News!!!!

    Don't dese guys know da Jets are tryin out a new PUNTER today?????"

    Personally I'm dissapointed in old dearly departed Stein'.

    Picking his own selfish BREATHING over the glorious victory of his beloved team? Psha! Pthh! Boo, hiss!

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing," "Breathing first, winning next." - George M. Steinbrenner

    It would be nice to see some of that same vitriol from the Jets owner.
    Right, because George obviously would sacrifice his children to win. I mean, breathing, winning.....then what's next? Family? Dog?

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    No, there isn't. The fact that he is an NFL OWner is 100% irrelevant to the content of the issue at hand, which is 100% politics.

    You're the Mod Pete, and I respect that. But if you recall, I do know a thing or two about such things too.

    I think the only reason to keep this on the Strip is for people angry with Woody, and who vote (D), to get a chance to beat the **** out him even more for his choice of party without having to go to the Poli-Sci forum to do it.
    I dont vote or give a flying crap about politics and this still bothers me...

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by em kay View Post
    My thoughts are that most people have used football to escape the craptacular media & it's ever present attempt to steer the national conversation to where they want it.

    To muddy the waters with talk of elections goes against why I like football. It's consumable and I don't have to justify opinions and / or facts.

    That said, Woody is clearly a loser who, like Mitt, was handed everything in life. And like Mitt, he's going to piss it all away.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Far be it for me to defend Woody but this was an extremely stupid question and he was in a no win position. An astute owner would have refused to answer such a question.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us