Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Owner Woody Johnson would choose Mitt Romney election win over winning season for the

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLeon View Post
    Nice to see his priorities are with the 1%. Because they really need it.

SELL THE TEAM!!!
    not to make this political, but you do realize that the 1% you talk of pay for over 50% of the taxes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can Romney rush the passer? I think that's the most important question to ask.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    not to make this political, but you do realize that the 1% you talk of pay for over 50% of the taxes.
    I pay 37% of my income in taxes. Mitt pays 13%. Your argument means nothing. They should be paying 75% of all taxes. They have it all. Hoard it for themselves and rig the system so it never changes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody Johnson is a bigger corporate douche than I ever expected. I will not contribute one dime to anything connected to him.
    I wish I were a giants fan!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pay 37% of my income in taxes. Mitt pays 13%. Your argument means nothing. They should be paying 75% of all taxes. They have it all. Hoard it for themselves and rig the system so it never changes.
    What deductions do you take and what is the percentage paid for you after you take them...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Makes sense since they have over 85% of all the money.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Makes sense since they have over 85% of all the money.

Did they steal it?

Or did they sneak over the border and automatically assume the status of oppressed poor American Citizen (no questions asked, that would be racist....without doing a damn thing to improve things in their own country) and have the Dems rallying for your cause because its an automatic "Dem vote" down the road?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, when you control all the wealth and make all the rules, well, you can't call that stealing per se, but they certainly tipped the scales in their direction, don't you think?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody Johnson is a bigger corporate douche than I ever expected. I will not contribute one dime to anything connected to him.
    By watching and following his Team, you're contributing, like it or not.

We'll miss you amongst the ranks of Jets Fans. I'm sure you can find a more tolerable liberal owner to be a fan for. Seattle maybe?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Did they steal it?
    No.

But simple math dictates that if they have over 85% of the total wealth that they'd pay pay over 85% of the taxes.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 10-03-2012 at 12:14 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    No.

But simple math dictates that if they have over 85% of the total wealth that they'd pay pay over 85% of the taxes.

Ah, PK, you should have taken a business course at your local community college.
    We do not tax wealth in the country. Taxable income is taxed. And some income is taxed at lower levels.
    Perhaps YOU should be putting some of your money into stock in evil corporations instead of going to the topless bar and/or buying those nasty hallucinogens. BTW, you are aware that marijuana usage is now linked to a high incidence of TESTICULAR cancer. Perhaps that explains your gf's recent complaints. LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Seriously?

The fate of the country (at stake in every election) IS UNQUESTIONABLY more important that a football teams record, in any and every circumstance.

Anyone who would try and claim that the results of a football game are more important than our Democracy is a ****ing idiot of the highest order.

To make that claim is akin to demanding news coverage of say, the murder of the U.S. Libyan Ambassador be yanked so they can cover the Jets Practice that week.

/facepalm

This will not end well Pete, but we both know that. Best of luck with it.
    +1

Nothing like perspective...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but your argument means nothing until you get your sh*t together, invest in some dividend bearing stocks other tax incentivized securities, donate 16% of your income to charity (though I'm sure you already do), and still pay a 37% rate.