Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Owner Woody Johnson would choose Mitt Romney election win over winning season for the

Owner Woody Johnson would choose Mitt Romney election win over winning season for the

What are your thoughts Jets fans?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3818--nfl.html
    Last edited by em kay; 10-02-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: mis worded the post.

*dump*

Hall Of Fame
    I would have to agree with Woody.

Football trumps politics for me because I know that all politicians are worthless pieces of sh*t cut from the same cloth.

IMHO wanting to run for a political office should automatically disqualify you from running...

That's probably because he has more money at stake with the election than whether or not the Jets have a winning season.

Quote Originally Posted by em kay View Post
    This thread belongs squarely in the Politics and World Events forum, not the NFL Forum.

Topic is clearly political, not football content.

I suggest to the Mods that it be moved immediately.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    This thread belongs squarely in the Politics and World Events forum, not the NFL Forum.

Topic is clearly political, not football content.

I suggest to the Mods that it be moved immediately.
    I disagree. There is clearly a football element. Lets call him candidate X. Woody admits candidate X is more important to him than seeing the Jets succeed. That doesn't make me feel too confident as a fan.

Woody making that statement is foolhardy. Why alienate JETS fans?

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I disagree. There is clearly a football element.
    No, there isn't. The fact that he is an NFL OWner is 100% irrelevant to the content of the issue at hand, which is 100% politics.

You're the Mod Pete, and I respect that. But if you recall, I do know a thing or two about such things too.

I think the only reason to keep this on the Strip is for people angry with Woody, and who vote (D), to get a chance to beat the **** out him even more for his choice of party without having to go to the Poli-Sci forum to do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Regardless of who you are voting for, the Presidential election IS more important than a football season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No, there isn't. The fact that he is an NFL OWner is 100% irrelevant to the content of the issue at hand, which is 100% politics.

You're the Mod Pete, and I respect that. But if you recall, I do know a thing or two about such things too.

I think the only reason to keep this on the Strip is for people angry with Woody, and who vote (D), to get a chance to beat the **** out him even more for his choice of party without having to go to the Poli-Sci forum to do it.
    Leave the politics out of it then. When the owner unequivocally states that something is more important than winning then there is a very large problem at hand for the team.

All Pro
    Oh so that's why the Jets are playing like sh!t.

Leave the politics out of it then. When the owner unequivocally states that something is more important than winning then there is a very large problem at hand for the team.
    Seriously?

The fate of the country (at stake in every election) IS UNQUESTIONABLY more important that a football teams record, in any and every circumstance.

Anyone who would try and claim that the results of a football game are more important than our Democracy is a ****ing idiot of the highest order.

To make that claim is akin to demanding news coverage of say, the murder of the U.S. Libyan Ambassador be yanked so they can cover the Jets Practice that week.

/facepalm

This will not end well Pete, but we both know that. Best of luck with it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Seriously?

The fate of the country (at stake in every election) IS UNQUESTIONABLY more important that a football teams record, in any and every circumstance.

Anyone who would try and claim that the results of a football game are more important than our Democracy is a ****ing idiot of the highest order.

To make that claim is akin to demanding news coverage of say, the murder of the U.S. Libyan Ambassador be yanked so they can cover the Jets Practice that week.

/facepalm

This will not end well Pete, but we both know that. Best of luck with it.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing," "Breathing first, winning next." - George M. Steinbrenner

It would be nice to see some of that same vitriol from the Jets owner.

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing," "Breathing first, winning next." - George M. Steinbrenner

I.e.

"Whats da hell it this Lib-ya thing do'in on my TV News!!!!

Don't dese guys know da Jets are tryin out a new PUNTER today?????"

Personally I'm dissapointed in old dearly departed Stein'.

Picking his own selfish BREATHING over the glorious victory of his beloved team? Psha! Pthh! Boo, hiss!

Right, because George obviously would sacrifice his children to win. I mean, breathing, winning.....then what's next? Family? Dog?

I dont vote or give a flying crap about politics and this still bothers me...

My thoughts are that most people have used football to escape the craptacular media & it's ever present attempt to steer the national conversation to where they want it.

To muddy the waters with talk of elections goes against why I like football. It's consumable and I don't have to justify opinions and / or facts.

That said, Woody is clearly a loser who, like Mitt, was handed everything in life. And like Mitt, he's going to piss it all away.

Far be it for me to defend Woody but this was an extremely stupid question and he was in a no win position. An astute owner would have refused to answer such a question.