Thread: New York Yankees prospect Manny Banuelos needs Tommy John surgery

New York Yankees prospect Manny Banuelos needs Tommy John surgery

so much for the Killer B's. Add Pineda to the mix and future plans have certainly changed.

Hughes really is a wild card. One more year of club control, right now he'd be in line for a good contract, especially from an NL team. A big year next year and he will be sought after. I'd think about presenting him with an extension this offseason. At worst he's a solid #4.

Hopefully Kuroda and/or Pettitte will resign for a year. Need a bounce back year from Nova and continued development from Phelps.

Adam Warren and Brett Marshall will have a turn at some point in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    so much for the Killer B's. Add Pineda to the mix and future plans have certainly changed.

Hughes really is a wild card. One more year of club control, right now he'd be in line for a good contract, especially from an NL team. A big year next year and he will be sought after. I'd think about presenting him with an extension this offseason. At worst he's a solid #4.

Hopefully Kuroda and/or Pettitte will resign for a year. Need a bounce back year from Nova and continued development from Phelps.

Adam Warren and Brett Marshall will have a turn at some point in the near future.
    Jul 14th, 2012
    Whatís with Jose Camposí injury? How can his arm still be sore this far after the injury and there be no concern about TJ?
    The bottom line is that the Yankees are a very secretive organization and the news out of Charleston and Tampa is that there is no news. Campos hasnít thrown a pitch since April 28th when he gave up 8 runs in 2.2 IP.
    Elbow inflammation could be nothing. But nothing usually doesnít last more than 2 months. Thereís a high chance that there is something serious with the elbow condition and they are giving him an extended period of time hoping that it can heal and heíll move past it. TJ surgery at this point would put the front office in the cross fires of the Montero trade all over again that isnít something a playoff club needs mid season.

http://baseballinstinct.com/2012/07/...tinct-mailbag/

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jul 14th, 2012
    Whatís with Jose Camposí injury? How can his arm still be sore this far after the injury and there be no concern about TJ?
    The bottom line is that the Yankees are a very secretive organization and the news out of Charleston and Tampa is that there is no news. Campos hasnít thrown a pitch since April 28th when he gave up 8 runs in 2.2 IP.
    Elbow inflammation could be nothing. But nothing usually doesnít last more than 2 months. Thereís a high chance that there is something serious with the elbow condition and they are giving him an extended period of time hoping that it can heal and heíll move past it. TJ surgery at this point would put the front office in the cross fires of the Montero trade all over again that isnít something a playoff club needs mid season.

http://baseballinstinct.com/2012/07/...tinct-mailbag/
    dumb and dumber, these guys have no clue when it comes to young arms

dumb and dumber, these guys have no clue when it comes to young arms
    I know right?

Every hyped Yankee phenom pitcher in the Minor's just doesn't pan out.I think the closest is Hughes and he's at best a #3 or 4 starter.

It's scary how bad the Yankees have been at developing pitchers the last 10 years. When Phil Hughes, a decent 4th starter, is the best you can do that ain't saying much.

I'd be shocked if Andy comes back one more year. He's always getting hurt. Cashman is going to resign Kuroda but I don't think Kuroda is going to be anywhere near as good next season as he was this year. Alot of Kuroda's success this year was AL players just not knowing him - that won't be the case next season.

Maybe the Yankees trade for Cliff Lee since Philly wants to dump his money. Lee is ridiculously overpaid and not having a great year but I think he could bounce back and get 17-20 wins next year with our lineup run supporting him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    It's scary how bad the Yankees have been at developing pitchers the last 10 years. When Phil Hughes, a decent 4th starter, is the best you can do that ain't saying much.

I'd be shocked if Andy comes back one more year. He's always getting hurt. Cashman is going to resign Kuroda but I don't think Kuroda is going to be anywhere near as good next season as he was this year. Alot of Kuroda's success this year was AL players just not knowing him - that won't be the case next season.

Maybe the Yankees trade for Cliff Lee since Philly wants to dump his money. Lee is ridiculously overpaid and not having a great year but I think he could bounce back and get 17-20 wins next year with our lineup run supporting him.

It helps to have boatloads of money to get you out of that kind of trouble. Must be nice, I root for a small market team now.

Guys come back stronger than ever after Tommy John. I'm more worried about how Pineda will throw, hes the one that has the killer injury with the shoulder.