Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins sign Jabar Gaffney

Dolphins sign Jabar Gaffney

How stupid is our front office for not scooping this guy up Monday morning?

fire Tannenbaum

woody tanny and rex seem to be standing pat on bringing in any offensive playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    woody tanny and rex seem to be standing pat on bringing in any offensive playmakers.
    Something--besides Rex' undergarments--just doesn't smell right. Why no serious activity, especially in light of all the injuries? Money issues? Ineptitude? Stupidity?

Dependable receiver who will be in the right place when he's supposed to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Something--besides Rex' undergarments--just doesn't smell right. Why no serious activity, especially in light of all the injuries? Money issues? Ineptitude? Stupidity?
    dont know? only thing i can think of is maybe just maybe woody has a buyer and a price has been decided already who wants to move this team to la and he doesnt want to spend the money out of his pocket on players?

Veteran
    jabar gaffney sucks.

for all we know our front office may have reached out.
    But what WR wants to play with Sanchez? I'd rather play with Tannehill and Philbin. Much more upside there.

this was something that should've been done the moment the Pasts* cut him.

oh well.

guys like terrell owens chad johnson donte stallworth will play any where.

All Pro
    Of course! Who needs a receiver on this team?

It sounds like Woody has snapped the purse shut. I think he fully expected to have a SB within 2 years of Rex's arrival, and now that it hasn't happened he's saying screw it. Back then (and before) it seemed like no expense was spared, and now he has turned into a miser. I heard someone say something about IRS problems but couldn't find anything more recent than 2006.

Woody would rather sell Tebow jerseys than put a winning team on the field.
    Rex and Tannenbaum think they're playing defense-only Madden and go after the Asomughas of the world while they start raw rookies and should-be backups at the skill positions on offense. The one good player on offense (Holmes) has the worst character on the team. Nice recipe...

It's a joke. Start over in the front office.
    Give Rex the keys to the defense and a fixed budget for all I care, but we need a GM who truly understands offense.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    jabar gaffney sucks.
    Agreed. The pity of it is that he would still be about our #2 guy right away.

Sucks?

Go look at the guy's stats.

He's played in all 16 games in 9 out of his 10 seasons.
    He's produced for every team.
    He was 50 yards short of 1000 yards last year.

I guess some guys need Andre Johnson or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Woody would rather sell Tebow jerseys than put a winning team on the field.
    Rex and Tannenbaum think they're playing defense-only Madden and go after the Asomughas of the world while they start raw rookies and should-be backups at the skill positions on offense. The one good player on offense (Holmes) has the worst character on the team. Nice recipe...

It's a joke. Start over in the front office.
    Give Rex the keys to the defense and a fixed budget for all I care, but we need a GM who truly understands offense.
    could woody be possibly exploring options to sell the team? maybe an investor in la? there has to be a hidden agenda in all this. teams in the nfl just dont do **** like this.

Good signing for the Fish.He's always been a solid receiver.

I can't believe I'm saying this but the future of the Dolphins looks better then the Jets

The qb looks pretty good.
    The o-line looks pretty good.
    Their D-line is really good.

If the add some receivers and secondary they could get pretty good real quick

Meanwhile,our beloved Jets have..

The worse qb in the league
    The worse starting rb in the league
    With the Holmes injury the worse receivers..(Maybe the Browns) in the league
    Maybe the slowest linebackers in the league.

There are just so many holes in this league.If the season bottoms out,like I think it might If Tanny keeps his job then Woody is a clueless moron

If Gaffney catches 20 passes for the Dolphins, the entire FO should be fired on his 21st reception.

Not because Gaffney is some world beater, but because the Jets are starting #4 and #5 caliber receivers when a #3 (if currently healthy) was just sitting on the street.

I guess Gaffney's lack of a criminal record and/or extensive injury history made him less attractive. Hey, Glazz Schilens might hold up...

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Good signing for the Fish.He's always been a solid receiver.

I can't believe I'm saying this but the future of the Dolphins looks better then the Jets

The qb looks pretty good.
    The o-line looks pretty good.
    Their D-line is really good.

If the add some receivers and secondary they could get pretty good real quick

Meanwhile,our beloved Jets have..

The worse qb in the league
    The worse starting rb in the league
    With the Holmes injury the worse receivers..(Maybe the Browns) in the league
    Maybe the slowest linebackers in the league.

There are just so many holes in this league.If the season bottoms out,like I think it might If Tanny keeps his job then Woody is a clueless moron
    you could jump on the dolphins bandwagon if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    you could jump on the dolphins bandwagon if you wanted to.
    Do you disagree with anything I wrote?

Step back from the ledge guys

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Step back from the ledge guys
    I hear ya dude.

Just when I look at this roster I just have a hard time seeing many talented players right now.