Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets sign RB Lex Hilliard, per league source.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    why all the "wishiwasafootballplayerwaanabeafootballplayer " JAGs why not use what we currently have Powell, McKnight, Grimes

Please Tannebaum, STOP all these crap signings PLEASEEEEEEE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    More players from the stellar Sparano era in Miami.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    tanny must really be getting into good shape from all the rocks he had to have lifted in order to find such a player!

SIGNED THIS BEAST

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Ever wonder if Sparano is trying to sabotage us because he doesnt like his old rival?

"but theyre paying him now"
    "thats just stupid"

Say what you will, moves like this make me question the conspiracy thinking.

Hilliard did have a good game if i recall against the Jets a few years back....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    CHAMPIONSHIP!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets sign a Full Back and other roster moves-

Veteran FB Lex Hilliard Signs
    Posted 29 minutes ago

By Jets Media Relations Department

aaThe New York Jets have signed FB Lex Hilliard and waived WR Patrick Turner from the active roster. The team has also signed WR Jordan White to the practice squad and released DB Donnie Fletcher from the practice squad. The announcements were made by General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Hilliard (FB/5-11/235/Montana/Kalispell, MT) entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft selection by the Miami Dolphins in 2008 (204th overall) and spent his rookie season on the practice squad. He spent three seasons with Miami before signing with the Minnesota Vikings as an unrestricted free agent (03/21/12). After being waived from Minnesota following the preseason (08/31/12), Hilliard signed with the New England Patriots (09/04/12), but was later waived (09/19/12). He has played in 48 NFL games with four starts and has rushed for 130 yards and two touchdowns on 39 carries and caught 26 passes for 210 yards and two touchdowns.

Turner (WR/6-5/220/Southern California/Nashville, TN) entered the NFL as a third-round selection by the Miami Dolphins in 2009. The Jets claimed him off waivers (09/05/10) after he was waived by Miami (09/04/10). Turner most recently rejoined the club (09/24/12) prior to the Jets game against San Francisco. In two seasons with New York, Turner played in 20 games primarily on special teams and recorded nine tackles. He also made 10 receptions for 122 yards and one touchdown.

White (WR/6-0/215/Western Michigan/Cleveland, OH) was a seventh-round selection of the Jets in the 2012 NFL Draft. He signed to the teamís practice squad (09/02/12) after being waived following training camp (08/27/12). White also spent the first four weeks of the season on the Jets practice squad before being waived (09/28/12).

Fletcher (CB/6-1/195/Boston College/Cleveland, OH) was signed to the Jets practice squad (09/25/12) after being waived from the 53-man roster (09/24/12). Fletcher originally joined the Jets as an undrafted free agent (05/04/12). He was signed to the Jets practice squad (09/01/12) after he was waived following training camp (08/31/12), and later rejoined the Jets practice squad (09/22/12).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    all amounts to nothing. has tanny lost his mind or has the rest of the nfl shunned the jets and rex ryan?

tanny has to be working on a blockbuster trade he has to be.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is how i picture the braintrust when deciding to sign this guy:

Tanny: OK guys, all of our jobs are on the line. We need to sign someone ASAP.

Rex: Yea, lets sign another corner.

Tanny: But we did that yesterday

Rex: OK, well then lets trade Mcknight back to the D and sign a RB.

Random Assistant Coach with a quarter of a brain: We just signed a RB last week... What about a WR? Gaffney is free.

Rex: This is my damn team. Either RB or CB, those are the only positions of any importance.

Woody Johnson: What about signing Tim Tebow?

Tanny: We already have tim tebow...

Woody Johnson: Yea, but lets sign him again, you can never have enough tebow.

Sparano: We could play tebow at RB?

Rex: No, that makes too much sense. I beefed him up to 250lbs to hold a clipboard, not to run with the ball.... We need someone new.

Random Assistant Coach with a quarter of a brain: Ryan Grant? He has had atleast one productive season, plus he went to Don bosco, the best school in the world.

Tanny: You're fired get out.

Rex: hey, You alright Tanny? You're slumping over pretty hard.

Tanny: I know, its my back. it hurts so damn bad from turning over all these rocks. But i think I found someone that will fit in great. Lex Hilliard.

Sparano: YES! I had him on the dolphins when i was the head coach; we experienced no success at all and had an offense that was so pathetic we had to turn to working out of the wildcat as our base offense. Ronnie Brown would play our QB, it was great. He made no contributions at all, he will fit in PERFECTLY with the rest of our team.

Rex: Sounds great, get him a contract now tanny. Ill go talk to McKnight and let him know he is going back to CB

Woody: Ok, great, but we still need more tebow...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods please remove this. I did not see that C Mart had posted a similar post! OOPS! sorry.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post

Random Assistant Coach with a quarter of a brain: We just signed a RB last week... What about a WR? Gaffney is free.

Rex: This is my damn team. Either RB or CB, those are the only positions of any importance.

Rex: No, that makes too much sense. I beefed him up to 250lbs to hold a clipboard, not to run with the ball.... We need someone new.

Random Assistant Coach with a quarter of a brain: Ryan Grant? He has had atleast one productive season, plus he went to Don bosco, the best school in the world.

Tanny: I know, its my back. it hurts so damn bad from turning over all these rocks. But i think I found someone that will fit in great. Lex Hilliard.

Sparano: YES! I had him on the dolphins when i was the head coach; we experienced no success at all and had an offense that was so pathetic we had to turn to working out of the wildcat as our base offense. Ronnie Brown would play our QB, it was great. He made no contributions at all, he will fit in PERFECTLY with the rest of our team.

Rex: Sounds great, get him a contract now tanny. Ill go talk to McKnight and let him know he is going back to CB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Jets sign RB Lex Hilliard, per league source.

Who is going to get cut??? Connor?
    C Mart I posted this and then saw that you had this one on the board! Sorry. I asked the MODS to remove my post! But this does answer your question.

Veteran FB Lex Hilliard Signs
    Posted 29 minutes ago

By Jets Media Relations Department

aaThe New York Jets have signed FB Lex Hilliard and waived WR Patrick Turner from the active roster. The team has also signed WR Jordan White to the practice squad and released DB Donnie Fletcher from the practice squad. The announcements were made by General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Hilliard (FB/5-11/235/Montana/Kalispell, MT) entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft selection by the Miami Dolphins in 2008 (204th overall) and spent his rookie season on the practice squad. He spent three seasons with Miami before signing with the Minnesota Vikings as an unrestricted free agent (03/21/12). After being waived from Minnesota following the preseason (08/31/12), Hilliard signed with the New England Patriots (09/04/12), but was later waived (09/19/12). He has played in 48 NFL games with four starts and has rushed for 130 yards and two touchdowns on 39 carries and caught 26 passes for 210 yards and two touchdowns.

Turner (WR/6-5/220/Southern California/Nashville, TN) entered the NFL as a third-round selection by the Miami Dolphins in 2009. The Jets claimed him off waivers (09/05/10) after he was waived by Miami (09/04/10). Turner most recently rejoined the club (09/24/12) prior to the Jets game against San Francisco. In two seasons with New York, Turner played in 20 games primarily on special teams and recorded nine tackles. He also made 10 receptions for 122 yards and one touchdown.

White (WR/6-0/215/Western Michigan/Cleveland, OH) was a seventh-round selection of the Jets in the 2012 NFL Draft. He signed to the teamís practice squad (09/02/12) after being waived following training camp (08/27/12). White also spent the first four weeks of the season on the Jets practice squad before being waived (09/28/12).

Fletcher (CB/6-1/195/Boston College/Cleveland, OH) was signed to the Jets practice squad (09/25/12) after being waived from the 53-man roster (09/24/12). Fletcher originally joined the Jets as an undrafted free agent (05/04/12). He was signed to the Jets practice squad (09/01/12) after he was waived following training camp (08/31/12), and later rejoined the Jets practice squad (09/22/12).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post

this was almost funny, until you mentioned 2 players already signed by other teams. other then that, might as well call us the New York Dolphins.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    this was almost funny, until you mentioned 2 players already signed by other teams. other then that, might as well call us the New York Dolphins.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes possibly out for the year. McKnight back to RB and signing of Hilliard tells me they're preparing to run the QB Run option offense with Tebow very very soon.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    AHHHH come on man. Whats with getting all over this signing. I think we just caught lightning in a bottle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, cut a WR sign a FB. So if there is not another move there will be 3 WRs on the Jets roster Monday night? Schilens, Kerley, and Gates? Awesome.

Just saw the Dolphins signed Gaffney. Even more awesome.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 10-02-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Holmes possibly out for the year. McKnight back to RB and signing of Hilliard tells me they're preparing to run the QB Run option offense with Tebow very very soon.
    OK...reminiscing about the old Army-Navy game from 1966.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    You actually might be onto something here. Good call.

Working McKnight as option 1 with his speed to hit the corner combined with a actual blocking FB in the option could potentially be a (more) productive system.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Nice, cut a WR sign a FB. So if there is not another move there will be 3 WRs on the Jets roster Monday night? Schilens, Kerley, and Gates? Awesome.

Just saw the Dolphins signed Gaffney. Even more awesome.
    Keller and Cumberland are glorified WRs. Maybe they use McKnight as a WR in some sets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Struggling offense?

How about MORE FULLBACK? Everyone knows that FULLBACKS put points on the board!

Again, there's really not much that can be done at this point.