Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sanchez - Worst Short Passer in NFL

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sanchez - Worst Short Passer in NFL

    I have largely been a Sanchez supporter mostly because he stepped up in the playoffs his first two years but I admit that I am at the end of the rope with him.

    The thing that bothers me the most about Sanchez is his complete and total ineptitude at the short pass.

    He is horrible at scree passes.

    He routinely is amazingly inaccurate on simple check downs.

    He throws to the DL a LOT on short passes.

    I mean it is pathetic. He has absolutely ZERO touch and accuracy on what should be the easiest throws to make.

    And the Jets know it too which makes it worse, because they very very rarely call screens and swing passes because Mark cannot handle them. It is pathetic.

    It is so bad really that he is easily the worst short passer in the NFL, and will I think keep him from ever being a truly successful QB

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,070
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news... Its Tuesday.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The thing that bothers me the most about Sanchez is his complete and total ineptitude at the short pass.
    Drives me nuts. Hitting a RB or TE on 3rd & 2 only 1 yd down field works great when you hit him in stride and he can use body lean go get the 1st down and more.

    But when target has to reach up for it his center of gravity is high or has to stop and catch it off back shoulder it becomes an easy tackle for coverage.

    I noticed at least two completions like this (maybe more) last week.

    Numbers alone don't tell the whole story. (not that they ever really do in football).

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, he's absulutley terrible there. But his RB are by far the worst pass catches in the leauge. Just because a pass is a foot behind you isn't an excuse to drop it.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Agreed, he's absulutley terrible there. But his RB are by far the worst pass catches in the leauge. Just because a pass is a foot behind you isn't an excuse to drop it.
    Add that Cumberland and Tebow were hit in the head with passes because they never turned around plus numerous drops by our Wrs and you get the worst percetage in the NFL.

    What an absolute joke this organization is.

    Many of us were criticized throughout the off season for what we knew would happen.

    Worst part of all is that its the owner who is the orchestrator of this cluster-F.

    Makes total sense why Parcells and Bellicheck ran from this ass-jack.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Add that Cumberland and Tebow were hit in the head with passes because they never turned around plus numerous drops by our Wrs and you get the worst percetage in the NFL.

    What an absolute joke this organization is.

    Many of us were criticized throughout the off season for what we knew would happen.

    Worst part of all is that its the owner who is the orchestrator of this cluster-F.

    Makes total sense why Parcells and Bellicheck ran from this ass-jack.
    If you we're watching those games you'd have seen that Sanchez rifled the ball WAY to early and hard. He has zero football instinct.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Worst Short Passer in NFL"? Come on now.

    More like the world!

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    If you we're watching those games you'd have seen that Sanchez rifled the ball WAY to early and hard. He has zero football instinct.
    The guy has been running for his life since Wayne Hunter wiffed on the first play of game one last season against Baltimore. Our ridiculous front office "helped" Sanchez by trading for Tebow (ROFLMAO).

    While Sanchez may never be elite, even with all the parts in place, the JETS FO can write the book on how to destroy a first round quarterback by lack of support.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    614
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we get past how bad Sanchez is? Haters now have the satisfaction of saying they were right and we can now put in our mythological hidden GEM of a QB that is TT.

    Haters please remember that it was not TT that faced the Steeler, Niners, and the Texans. (Please note I am note referring to the author of this thread as a hater). And please don't give me this woulda, shoulda crap. Even if Sanchez is pull after the next game this team will not make the playoffs.

    I really used to love this team but between the owner, GM, and the HC this is truly worse then the Richie K. days.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us