Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shoulda drafted Burfict...

  1. #1

    Shoulda drafted Burfict...

    Was such an easy late round pick with HUGE upside. On film he was a first round pick, so why not take a chance? He looks legit for Bengals. They did te same thing drafting Dunlap much later than he should have gone. Bengals GM is doing a great job. I thought they ha been KILLING drafts the past few years, an looks like I was right.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,844
    On film he was a 1st round pick?

    No.

    Lots of stuff to ***** about with the Jets, this is not one of them.

    Dump.

  3. #3
    You mean shoulda UDFA'd him

  4. #4
    sure is making Mayock look like an ass

  5. #5
    I liked him. The kid was a mess but previous talent was undeniable. Look back to his freshman year tapes. Definitely worth a late round flyer.

    Burfict had 8 tackles and a sack in his first game.

    Bengals have a good support system for dealing w/troubled players. So they were able to help Burfict get his head on straight. I don't know if that would have occurred in the circus that is the NY Jets.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Was such an easy late round pick with HUGE upside. On film he was a first round pick, so why not take a chance? He looks legit for Bengals. They did te same thing drafting Dunlap much later than he should have gone. Bengals GM is doing a great job. I thought they ha been KILLING drafts the past few years, an looks like I was right.
    If we had real GM, we would not be in this mess. Oh yeah, and a real coach.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Bengals have a good support system for dealing w/troubled players. So they were able to help Burfict get his head on straight. I don't know if that would have occurred in the circus that is the NY Jets.
    Ri-------ight.... The Bengals are a model for the nfl when it comes to player behavior.


    Bengals rally, take over lead in NFL arrests since 2000
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UGuOA0FtjmE

    bengals-are-tied-for-second-in-arrests
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ond-in-arrests

    Bengal arrested in Campbell County
    http://www.wxix.com/story/12421386/b...ampbell-county

    EVEN THEIR CHEERLEADERS GET ARRESTED:

    Bengals cheerleader arrested, accused of sex with high school student
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...chool-student/

    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 10-02-2012 at 09:02 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    On film he was a 1st round pick?

    No.

    Lots of stuff to ***** about with the Jets, this is not one of them.

    Dump.
    Dump THIS jacka$$

    "Hard to believe anyone would write that statement four months ago. Burfict projected to a first-round talent following his junior year at Arizona State....

    Combine he showed up out of shape and posted embarrassing numbers. Pro Day showed more of the same. Come draft weekend, nobody thought this former first-round talent was worth even a seventh-round pick. Too much risk."

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...ontaze-burfict

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us