Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pennington or Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    how quickly people forget how hopeless things were with chad
    Like now, at least he could complete over 55% of his passes

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Chad had wet dreams of making it past the divisional round.
    Yup. I liked Pennington but he always folded in the playoffs

mark makes chad look like john elway...

I remember days when SAR & his band of ACMers would have eaten this thread alive; times sure have changed ! ....or maybe SAR realizes having #10 as his Jets QB was not all that bad after all !

Hanging with Chad (NFL Films interview of Chad Pennington by Steve Sabol)...
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...ging-with-Chad

good case to be made that Pennington was the best QB in Jets history.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    he almost didn't start against PIT his shoulder was so busted. and Quincy Carter had relapsed on drugs so the other option was Bollinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Pennington
    +111111111

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    who's better?
    please stop

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Depends on your definition of folding. In '02 he was beaten badly by a team that went on to the SB. Not exactly folding, but I'll acknowledge he didn't come close to getting it done.

In '04, he had half an arm, but would have won two games that year if Doug Brien goes 1 for 2 in the last 5 minutes.

In '06, he was the only player in a Jets uniform competing.

Ask yourself this question - if we were told that the Jets would have a top-5 running game AND a top-5 defense, would you have thought Pennington could get the job done?

If you answer no, you're just lying to yourself. There is nothing Mark Sanchez has done in the playoffs that could not have been duplicated by Chad Pennington if given the same roster. Pennington was very good at throwing for less than 200 yards in wins, which is all Sanchez did in his four playoff wins.

Difference is, maybe Pennington plays more than just one half in both of the AFCCGs...

really!? 3 pages of this redic post? get a grip people !!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If Pennington never gets hurt we might have had a SB now. Pre-injury he was fantastic. Never had a huge arm but an average arm turned into a poor one after the injuries.

He had brains, work-ethic and heart. Injuries betrayed Penny.
    Except for the 02 playoff against the colts, Chaddy sucked come playoff time.. He was the only Jet QB never to have scored a td against Pitt even Clemens did that.. Now take Vinnys arm and durabilty and Chads brain and you would have had a possible Bowl..

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Depends on your definition of folding. In '02 he was beaten badly by a team that went on to the SB. Not exactly folding, but I'll acknowledge he didn't come close to getting it done.

In '04, he had half an arm, but would have won two games that year if Doug Brien goes 1 for 2 in the last 5 minutes.

In '06, he was the only player in a Jets uniform competing.

Ask yourself this question - if we were told that the Jets would have a top-5 running game AND a top-5 defense, would you have thought Pennington could get the job done?

If you answer no, you're just lying to yourself. There is nothing Mark Sanchez has done in the playoffs that could not have been duplicated by Chad Pennington if given the same roster. Pennington was very good at throwing for less than 200 yards in wins, which is all Sanchez did in his four playoff wins.

Difference is, maybe Pennington plays more than just one half in both of the AFCCGs...
    Good post, GreenWave...Chad did not exactly have great head coaches, either; Edwards & Mangini are not going to Canton except to visit. Sanchez at least has a head coach that had developed a reputation in this league; albeit on the defensive side of the ball....I became a Jets fan while following Pennington's career in NY 2000-2007; I am disappointed to see what is developing with the team nowadays. This board was one source of my enjoyment for many years; it's tough to see the loyal JI fans have to endure what is likely going to be a disappointing season (as injuries pile up) and the QB play leaving a lot to be desired. I don't think a move to Tebow is the answer, but it seems inevitable unless Sanchez can "right the ship".

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummm is this a trick question?

If Pennington doesn't get injured I think the Jets win it all with Herm Edwards as HC

Folks forget that the Jets should have beaten Pitt in Pitt to advance to the SB and that again was with an injured Chad...

Right now its not even close.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Chad. Without a doubt.

Chad didn't know the meaning of the word quit. No contest Chad was a viable starter Mark still has yet to prove he is.

All Pro
    2002 Chad on the 2009 Jets = Superbowl

Who was better Brooks Bollinger or Sanchez? That might be a better question after this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Ridiculous question. I am not even sure Sanchez is better than Clemmens. Chad was lights years better than Mark. So much so that the question is a little insulting.
    Agreed.

OP might as well ask who had better season last year, Jets or Giants.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Chad by Light years.

Chad+ Rex D = SB

However, i lost mucho respect for Chad when i saw that video of him rapping to that Eminem song in front of the Dolphins players in meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Chad by Light years.

Chad+ Rex D = SB

However, i lost mucho respect for Chad when i saw that video of him rapping to that Eminem song in front of the Dolphins players in meeting.
    Aw man, that was tough to watch. So let's watch it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQoRwFo_Uc

:45 to 1:00 is next-level embarrassing.