Thread: ESPN 30 for 30 "Broke"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN 30 for 30 "Broke"

On now.

.@BillyCorben: The @NBA @MLB and @NHL refused to allow their footage to appear in #BROKE @ESPN @30for30 due to the controversial subject matter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @adbrandt: Saw a player's credit card bill, had a $3500 charge to a pet shop. He said he "had to have the air-conditioned doghouse."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @adbrandt: Saw a player's credit card bill, had a $3500 charge to a pet shop. He said he "had to have the air-conditioned doghouse."
    LOL

I have no sympathy for these idiots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @darrenrovell: Andre Rison said he bought $1M in jewelry. His before tax earnings for his 1st 4 seasons? $1,150,000 #Broke

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @adbrandt: I remember telling a young player to write a check. He had no idea what I was talking about, had never written one. Taught him how.

@adbrandt: One of big problems is people think $1M means $1M. After taxes, agent fees, taking care of family/friends, looks more like $300,000.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @HowardShatsky: By the time theyve been retired for 2 yrs 78% of former NFL players r bankrupt or in financial distress! Dont have an agent who enables that

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    LOL

I have no sympathy for these idiots.
    I have done tax returns for athletes and lottery winners. I am watching as a "financial professional" and can tell you that sympathy I agree with but these are kids with NO background. heck Bart Scott brought his 1st NFL check to a check cashing retailer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @HowardShatsky: When MC Hammer was trying to b an agent we had a conversation & he told me he supported over 100 people, when broke they all disappeared!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hilarious that Sean Salisbury is on this show. Biggest ****ing dope ever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @HowardShatsky: By the time theyve been retired for 2 yrs 78% of former NFL players r bankrupt or in financial distress! Dont have an agent who enables that
    If they hired Leigh Steinberg, he is broke as well.

With 13 kids, does anyone think Cro will make it 18 months! His child support payments have to be enormous.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I have done tax returns for athletes and lottery winners. I am watching as a "financial professional" and can tell you that sympathy I agree with but these are kids with NO background. heck Bart Scott brought his 1st NFL check to a check cashing retailer.
    most telling comment was the guy who said he got his first check and said "where's the rest of it?".

then he had taxes explained to him.

no background is right. its incredible and sad all at the same time.