Thread: Cimini: Film Review

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Cimini: Film Review

@RichCimini: Film review: The culprits on D: It was one of the most humiliating games in Rex Ryan's distinguished career... http://t.co/BcQNsJVD #nyj

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    so the whole defense played like ****. we all know that offense is questionable and that the pass rush is abysmal. but unexplainably the damn rushing def has been atrocious this season. basically the same unit out there, but the def looks much worse than last year .

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez struggled on his short passes. In fact, he completed only eight of 17 throws within five yards of the line of scrimmage...

Wow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Film review: The culprits on D: It was one of the most humiliating games in Rex Ryan's distinguished career... http://t.co/BcQNsJVD #nyj
    Really? When the "O" gets 9 first downs, 145 total yards. 2 out of 13 on third down and has the ball for barely 23 minutes......I'm not sure Cimini is qualified to actually have an opinion after that depthful analysis. D had us down 7-0 while the O fumbled the ball at the SF 25 yd line in the 2nd quarter. I'm not sayin' the D has done anything but to say they are the culprits is a bit clueless. The O DIDN'T SCORE ANY POINTS. NONE. ZERO. HARD TO WIN IF YOU DON'T SCORE ANY POINTS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Really? When the "O" gets 9 first downs, 145 total yards. 2 out of 13 on third down and has the ball for barely 23 minutes......I'm not sure Cimini is qualified to actually have an opinion after that depthful analysis. D had us down 7-0 while the O fumbled the ball at the SF 25 yd line in the 2nd quarter. I'm not sayin' the D has done anything but to say they are the culprits is a bit clueless. The O DIDN'T SCORE ANY POINTS. NONE. ZERO. HARD TO WIN IF YOU DON'T SCORE ANY POINTS.
    agreed but all season the jets rush def looks terrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed but all season the jets rush def looks terrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed right back. All 3 phases of the game are vital. Just sayin' that Cimini's insightful analysis is anything but....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Reading comprehension fail.

Cimini is addressing who are the culprits on D, he did not say the culprits are all on D.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Notice the yards given per carry when the great Mo Wilkerson was on the field. Mr Coples, our latest first round disaster wasn't much better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mo has been No sho this season

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Reading comprehension fail.

Cimini is addressing who are the culprits on D, he did not say the culprits are all on D.
    Yes, I realized that a bit after my rant but my gripe with Cimini is still the same one. He does an analysis of how many plays guys were on the field and how much yardage they surrendered as individual players. Fairly meaningless stat when your "O" does nothing, and I mean nothing, all day. 2-13 on 3rd down. 9 first downs of which 3 or 4 were by penalty, 23 mins time of possession. The D had us sort of in this game deep into the 2nd qrtr or even in the 3rd. At a point exhaustion and demoralization set-in and the flood gates open. Just sayin'..some life and points from the "O" would have helped not only on the scoreboard but from a momentum standpoint.