Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Rex Ryan is fired at the end of the year im done with the Jets

Cool, get rid of Rex and you too. win and win

P.s. Tanny has to go too

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I haven't been a Jets fan as long as most of you but anyone who thinks Rex is not doing his job is clearly not paying attention. Since 09 only the Ravens Steelers Packers Patriots Saints have more wins then the Jets. This is what you get when the front office has no idea what there doing. Rex said it on hard knocks he only gets to pick 1 draft pick a year. So thats 4 picks out of 20 since hes been here. He took a team the front office wanted to 2 afc championship games but yea lets blame Rex. Parcells said it best "They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries".
    The team quit on Rex this past Sunday, just like they quit on him at the end of last season. Two years in a row he 'loses' the team. Time for Rex to be fired. He will make a decent DC for another team.

Cya later.

Hall Of Fame
    Hate to see my beloved Jets lose a fan but if you feel that way then it is your prerogative.

As the saying goes, don't let the door hit ya.

I'll go on record as saying that it is HIGHLY unlikely that Rex gets fired after this season.

We'll see Sanchez benched or traded, Tanny canned, and Sparano/Deguglielmo gone before Rex.

Woody will give him at least one more chance.

That being said, I'm not sure Rex has it in him to respond and regroup. It is looking more and more like our "window" was 2009-2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    I'll go on record as saying that it is HIGHLY unlikely that Rex gets fired after this season.

We'll see Sanchez benched or traded, Tanny canned, and Sparano/Deguglielmo gone before Rex.

Woody will give him at least one more chance.

That being said, I'm not sure Rex has it in him to respond and regroup. It is looking more and more like our "window" was 2009-2010.
    I would say it is even more unlikely that tanny goes and rex stays. A true GM would almost certainly want his own guy and most likely would not want a buffoon like rex as his coach.

Unfortunately, I fear the most likely scenario is tanny and rex will both be back, since woody is spineless and clueless

Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    This is an easy rebuttal. Name a player Rex has developed since he's been here.

Exactly.
    Anyone who reads this and can find an example doesn't know what a coach's job is anyway.

Honestly, I don't see how you can still give Rex credit for being a "defensive mind" when this team has focused on defensive players since he's gotten here and the defense has only gotten worse. People figured out the overload blitz, and the defense has been unable to come up with big stops consistently ever since. The masterful game against NE in the playoffs is becoming a distant memory.

Now his Ray Lewis is gone for the year, and Rex is about to be exposed as just another guy calling defensive plays.

can we get thru the fkn season before people start getting fired?!?!?! 2-2. lots of football to go. who knows wtf is going to happen? none of us do, geniuses!

some of you people are the most miserable souls I have encountered. Here's hoping you aren't as miserable in your everyday life than you are on this board. but i have a feeling most are.

If the Jets win on Monday, this board is going to explode ROFL

The message board is completely bi-polar

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Rex and Tanny both need to go...and from what I'm seeing I think it could be a distinct possibility after the season.
    Which is amazing because some of the best success in the pathetic history of this team have come with those two guys in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    If the Jets win on Monday, this board is going to explode ROFL

The message board is completely bi-polar
    not even bipolar. it's terrible fairweather fans. it's awful. can't stand that my favorite sports team has so many crappy fans. miserable people.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    not even bipolar. it's terrible fairweather fans. it's awful. can't stand that my favorite sports team has so many crappy fans. miserable people.
    we are a product of the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    If Rex had a QB he'd be fine. That's really what it boils down to. We all know he's very defensive minded. Those type of coaches need a legit franchise QB to take care of the offensive side.
    Rex has NO ABILITY to develop or identify player talent. NONE. He may be worse at defense as well.

Name a player who is better because of REX?

The Ravens passed him over. He was their DC for years and they took a special teams coordinator from Philly over REX.

They saw his act up close and passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Rex is not blameless but the main culprit is clearly the GM, who was lucky to survive in '08. This time if someone gets fired it absolutely has to be Tanny. Unfortunately, if you bring in a new GM, he is picking his own coach, meaning Rex is gone too.
    +1

Like Rex or not, Tanny is almost certainly gone after this year...Any GM willing worth anything will want to bring in his own coach.

OP, you are wrong , very wrong. Our GM is a soft pliable GM that a strong willed head coach can wrap around his finger. Two years ago when Rex says 'our safeties are fine, Smith and Leonard are good enough' our gm believed him.

When Rex says, our olbs are good enough Tanny believes him. The build and make up of this team is as much at REx's feet as it is at Tannys feet.

The problem with this team is we don;t have a hard ass GM that tells the coach what players he is going to get and to make it work with them. I think Rex has learned some tough lessons as a HC the last few years and I am not wanting him fired but the Jets would be much better off if we had a 60 year old curmodegeon GM that told Rex who he was going to get as players.

I haven't been a Jets fan as long as most of you but anyone who thinks Rex is not doing his job is clearly not paying attention. Since 09 only the Ravens Steelers Packers Patriots Saints have more wins then the Jets. This is what you get when the front office has no idea what there doing. Rex said it on hard knocks he only gets to pick 1 draft pick a year. So thats 4 picks out of 20 since hes been here. He took a team the front office wanted to 2 afc championship games but yea lets blame Rex. Parcells said it best "They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries".
    adios muchacho. Rex is clueless. He inherited a talented team and each year it gets worse. I still think the bigger problem is Tanny, so I'd be content with a new GM who's willing to keep Rex, but if it comes down to an either/or situation (either get rid of them both or keep them both), I say get rid of them both. That's how much I think Tannenbaum has f-ed this team up.

All Pro
    Rex as a GM would be a horrible Idea

and If you want to make a change at GM, any competent new guy is gonna wanna bring in his own guy. Look at Mackensie in Oakland, Hue Jackson looked like his was onto something his first season there and he gets canned in favor of a guy Mackensie hand selected.

All League
    4 picks out of 20- so which of those guys have turned into something?

Rex got his franchise QB and the front office did nothing to help him we need to rebuild the oline and the running game and defense so we can get back to ground and pound. The Jets have lost they're idenentity.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Rex and Tanny both need to go...and from what I'm seeing I think it could be a distinct possibility after the season.
    Tanny will get rid of Rex at the bye week to see of the team will respond to someone else.

That's why he's parked a former head coach with no experience as his offensive coordinator.

Tebow and Sparano are here as the in-season Hail-Mary's to save Tannenbaum's job. You'll see.

SAR I