Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: If Rex Ryan is fired at the end of the year im done with the Jets

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,488
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    4 picks out of 20- so which of those guys have turned into something?
    Since 2010 NONE of the picks have amounted to anything.

  2. #42
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    not even bipolar. it's terrible fairweather fans. it's awful. can't stand that my favorite sports team has so many crappy fans. miserable people.
    Building a Champion on D. Can't stop the run, no pass rush.

    Ground & Pound. Can't run the ball.

    Grow Rookie QB. Used all draft picks on D, hung him out to dry.

    Young Defense. No draft picks are developed into difference-makers.

    Kissing Rings. Patriots continue to dominate the AFC East.

    Hit One Of Ours, Take Two Of Yours. No swagger, just quitters.

    Players Coach. Too loose, lost pulse of the team last year, not back this year.

    Mr. Confidence. Big mouth continues to humiliate players and fans.

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I haven't been a Jets fan as long as most of you but anyone who thinks Rex is not doing his job is clearly not paying attention. Since 09 only the Ravens Steelers Packers Patriots Saints have more wins then the Jets. This is what you get when the front office has no idea what there doing. Rex said it on hard knocks he only gets to pick 1 draft pick a year. So thats 4 picks out of 20 since hes been here. He took a team the front office wanted to 2 afc championship games but yea lets blame Rex. Parcells said it best "They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries".
    Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

  4. #44
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    can we get thru the fkn season before people start getting fired?!?!?! 2-2. lots of football to go. who knows wtf is going to happen? none of us do, geniuses!

    some of you people are the most miserable souls I have encountered. Here's hoping you aren't as miserable in your everyday life than you are on this board. but i have a feeling most are.


    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    If the Jets win on Monday, this board is going to explode ROFL

    The message board is completely bi-polar


    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    not even bipolar. it's terrible fairweather fans. it's awful. can't stand that my favorite sports team has so many crappy fans. miserable people.


    It seems that we as Jets fans must always accept these SOJ facts:

    - The Jets always show promise and collapse, only to rebound and collapse over and over. Look great (AFC Championships a handful of times in the past few decades) and then look terrible. Rinse and repeat for 40+ years.

    - Jets fans are always hopeful, but also bi-polar and miserable. (Any wonder why?)

    - Jets haters are always mean, loud and very vocal in their hatred of the Jets and Jets fans. (Any wonder why?)

    - Check franchise history: We almost always lose to traditionally tough NFC teams (49ers, Giants, Eagles, Bears, Cowboys... on and on and on...)

    - Check franchise history: We are absolutely TERRIBLE against teams from Pennsylvania (terrible record vs. Steelers - only winning once in their building - and never EVER beaten the Eagles).

    - Check franchise history: We also hate the Dolphins despite owning them more than any other team, fear the Patriots despite having a very even-keeled historic rivalry with them, and despite us disrespecting the Bills and taking care of them in recent years, they still have defeated us more than any other team in the NFL.

    - Check franchise history: We traditionally do well when we are overlooked and do poorly when exaulted.

    - Check franchise history: We traditionally win when we are expected to get blown out, and we traditionally get blown out when we are expected to barely lose.

    - Check franchise history: We have never lost to the Texans.

    There is a 1st time for everything though.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 10-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.

  5. #45
    That was very interesting.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Building a Champion on D. Can't stop the run, no pass rush.

    Ground & Pound. Can't run the ball.

    Grow Rookie QB. Used all draft picks on D, hung him out to dry.

    Young Defense. No draft picks are developed into difference-makers.

    Kissing Rings. Patriots continue to dominate the AFC East.

    Hit One Of Ours, Take Two Of Yours. No swagger, just quitters.

    Players Coach. Too loose, lost pulse of the team last year, not back this year.

    Mr. Confidence. Big mouth continues to humiliate players and fans.

    SAR I
    come on sar i you forgot the brightest spot of his career here.


  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,061
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    not even bipolar. it's terrible fairweather fans. it's awful. can't stand that my favorite sports team has so many crappy fans. miserable people.
    No just not

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Week 1 of this year we get worse every year because the front office doesn't know what there doing look what happened when the Giants won superbowl in 07 we go get Brett Favre and do NOTHING to build around him 2011 Giants win it again we go get Tim Tebow and do NOTHING to help Sanchez the Jets front office is about $$$ winning is secondary.
    You mean the same offseason the team traded for Kris Jenkins and added Alan Faneca and Calvin Pace via free agency?

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    You have to look at why Rex would be fired before having such a reaction.

    A losing season won't get him canned, but if they have a long losing streak and are getting blown out a lot, then Woody would have no other choice than to fire him.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey View Post
    You mean the same offseason the team traded for Kris Jenkins and added Alan Faneca and Calvin Pace via free agency?
    Hows that building around Favre?? They added at DT who never played 1 full 16 season in 3 years. Calvin Pace a mediocre pass rusher... Alan Faneca a solid run blocking left guard but a horrible pass blocker. Who were his recivers again?? Coles who's not in the league anymore Cotchery is now a bench warmer... Stucky?? enough said. If you gave Favre was on the 2010 team we win the superbowl.
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 10-03-2012 at 05:36 PM.

  11. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Building a Champion on D. Can't stop the run, no pass rush.

    Ground & Pound. Can't run the ball.

    Grow Rookie QB. Used all draft picks on D, hung him out to dry.

    Young Defense. No draft picks are developed into difference-makers.

    Kissing Rings. Patriots continue to dominate the AFC East.

    Hit One Of Ours, Take Two Of Yours. No swagger, just quitters.

    Players Coach. Too loose, lost pulse of the team last year, not back this year.

    Mr. Confidence. Big mouth continues to humiliate players and fans.

    SAR I
    Sad but true...
    the homers are still hanging on the the two afc championship losses as a badge of honor...it was impressive to get there at the time especially Mark's QB play on the road...we have done nothing but go downhill since...

  12. #52
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest New Jersey
    Posts
    161
    I've been a fan since 69. So I've been through it all and I mean all of it. From the horendous coaches, the passing of Marino for Ken O'brien, the terrible picks, the losing seasons, year after year and some of the highs as well. I'll never leave. I'll just dvr the game and watch it without commercials for hopefully many more years. So if Rex gets fired, so be it, You walk one must figure you were never a REAL fan to begin with. A real fan sticks with his team no matter what.

    jf

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    If the Jets win on Monday, this board is going to explode ROFL

    The message board is completely bi-polar

    Ok blast me if you want but I predicted 4 wins this season and lets say I am sticking to it. Actually I thinking less at this point. I also feel that Tanny,Rex and Johnson all need to go. I thought this about Rex and Tanny because they let a scumbucket like Woody make a football decision for them when he is clearly only interested in money and not wins. Since Johnson wont sell his hobby maybe he can changer management and get guys who have the balls to stand up to his goofy ass.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I haven't been a Jets fan as long as most of you but anyone who thinks Rex is not doing his job is clearly not paying attention. Since 09 only the Ravens Steelers Packers Patriots Saints have more wins then the Jets. This is what you get when the front office has no idea what there doing. Rex said it on hard knocks he only gets to pick 1 draft pick a year. So thats 4 picks out of 20 since hes been here. He took a team the front office wanted to 2 afc championship games but yea lets blame Rex. Parcells said it best "They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries".
    Rex should be the Defensive Coordinator (He's one of the best), but has no business being a head coach.

  15. #55
    I don't know why a lot of Jets fans have this blind allegiance to Rex. I like the guy, but his job has not been done well the last two years at all, and he's always been too stubborn to make any kind of positive adjustment.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I don't know why a lot of Jets fans have this blind allegiance to Rex. I like the guy, but his job has not been done well the last two years at all, and he's always been too stubborn to make any kind of positive adjustment.
    He was best as a top 5 D coordinator. <realtalkherein2012>

  17. #57
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You have to look at why Rex would be fired before having such a reaction.

    A losing season won't get him canned, but if they have a long losing streak and are getting blown out a lot, then Woody would have no other choice than to fire him.
    I think we'd all agree that this isn't the most talented Jets team of all time.

    HOWEVER, this team certainly has enough talent to play better than they just did for the last 14 consecutive quarters, yes?

    Rex Ryan has played all the classic motivational 'tricks':

    "They say we didn't score in the preseason! They say we suck!" Jets play a game of terrific football, crush the Bills.

    "We showed them!" Jets play terrible, uninspired football, humiliated by the Steelers.

    "This is a divisional opponent! You guys just played like shhit! No excuses!" Jets win an overtime game that sets the NFL back 50 years. Worst game of the Ryan era until...

    "Look, we're in first place. We know we're better than that crap we showed in Miami! I want to see you guys come out killing today! Let's win this for Darrelle!" Worst game of the Ryan era, so humiliating the 49ers laid down in the 4th quarter, Niner players say how the Jets defense 'quit'.

    Rex Ryan has already pulled all the stunts, tried to motivate them, and is failing. Since beating the Chiefs last November 11, the Jets are 2-5 and played like they are 1-6. The young talent isn't contributing. The old talent is getting weaker. The team has no leaders despite leadership training. The team plays sleepy despite sleep training. I'm sure clown college is next.

    It's over.

    SAR I

  18. #58
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I don't know why a lot of Jets fans have this blind allegiance to Rex. I like the guy, but his job has not been done well the last two years at all, and he's always been too stubborn to make any kind of positive adjustment.


    They're Mets fans.

    So used to having nothing about the team to cheer for that they allow themselves to fall in blind love with players. Ask a Mets fan, they'll tell you how much they adore Mike Piazza, David Wright, Rusty Staub. Players who were cuddly and said the right things and looked good and entertained on TV but who won nothing, dick.

    Rex Ryan is the undisputed poster child of the New York Mets Jets Fan.

    SAR I

  19. #59
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,799
    Has the team got worse the last year or two? Yes they have declined.

    But enough with the "The Jets have got worse every year under Rex" crap. 2010 was our best season since 1998. Period.

    Sent from my LG-P999

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    They're Mets fans.

    So used to having nothing about the team to cheer for that they allow themselves to fall in blind love with players. Ask a Mets fan, they'll tell you how much they adore Mike Piazza, David Wright, Rusty Staub. Players who were cuddly and said the right things and looked good and entertained on TV but who won nothing, dick.

    Rex Ryan is the undisputed poster child of the New York Mets Jets Fan.

    SAR I

    You know, more times than not I agree with you when it comes to the Jets. But your obsession with the Mets just makes you look ridiculous. What you said made zero sense. But whatever. Go O's or Texas.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us