Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If Rex Ryan is fired at the end of the year im done with the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I haven't been a Jets fan as long as most of you but anyone who thinks Rex is not doing his job is clearly not paying attention. Since 09 only the Ravens Steelers Packers Patriots Saints have more wins then the Jets. This is what you get when the front office has no idea what there doing. Rex said it on hard knocks he only gets to pick 1 draft pick a year. So thats 4 picks out of 20 since hes been here. He took a team the front office wanted to 2 afc championship games but yea lets blame Rex. Parcells said it best "They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries".
    With your head so stuck in the sand, you'll suffocate horribly.
    So I guess we'll lose you regardless.

If the Jets don't fire Rex at the end of the season I'm done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Souse View Post
    If the Jets don't fire Rex at the end of the season I'm done with them.
    +1000000

Odds are 50/50 it'll happen by the bye week, so we'll have our prayers answered before Thanksgiving.

When teams quit on a coach, they quit on him. It's obvious, it's blatant. Watch the Red Sox game tonight? It's like that. The players are already caving, it's Miami 2011 all over again, the fans will be booing, the house will be half empty, the big Thanksgiving game will be set up as a Woody humiliation and he can't have that after the Romney defeat.

Gobble-gobble.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    You know, more times than not I agree with you when it comes to the Jets. But your obsession with the Mets just makes you look ridiculous. What you said made zero sense. But whatever. Go O's or Texas.
    What fans with high-standards could ever support Rex Ryan after what we've seen since the disasterous AFCCG no-show in Pittsburgh?

I'm sorry to pick on Mets fans, but no Yankees fan would support Rex like this. He's Billy Martin without winning anything.

SAR I

He won't be. Don't worry. He has the Revis and Holmes pre-packaged excuses now, not to mention Tannenbaum and/or Sanchez would be scapegoated first

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What fans with high-standards could ever support Rex Ryan after what we've seen since the disasterous AFCCG no-show in Pittsburgh?

I'm sorry to pick on Mets fans, but no Yankees fan would support Rex like this. He's Billy Martin without winning anything.

SAR I

I don't support Rex. I just recognize that Tanny is the one responsible for the lack of talent on the Jets. I support hiring a new GM and letting him pick his own coach. My real wish would be for Bill Cowher to become "head of football operations" a la Parcells in '97 and bring in his own front office/personnel team. But I think Cowher is too smart to work for Woody.

Two scenarios

A) At the end of last season Rex went to Tanny and said "Wayne Hunter is not an NFL quality right tackle. You need to upgrade that position." Tanny's response "I believe Wayne Hunter can play in the NFL and I expect you and your new assistant coaches to get him ready."

B) At the end of last season Tanny went to Rex and said "Rex, what do you need this off-season? What positions do we need to focus on? What about right tackle?" and Rex responded "Don't worry about Hunter. We'll get him ready."

I think B is much closer to the truth. There has been a huge drop off in talent during Rex's tenure and I believe that Rex's inability to judge talent - particularly on offense - is a major factor. Tanny's the GM, but I suspect he relies heavily on the input he get's from scouts and coaches.

I'd actually be OK with Tanny staying if he had the right people under him and the right head coach.

He's had scucess as head coach, but I've never been a fan of Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Souse View Post
    A) At the end of last season Rex went to Tanny and said "Wayne Hunter is not an NFL quality right tackle. You need to upgrade that position." Tanny's response "I believe Wayne Hunter can play in the NFL and I expect you and your new assistant coaches to get him ready."

B) At the end of last season Tanny went to Rex and said "Rex, what do you need this off-season? What positions do we need to focus on? What about right tackle?" and Rex responded "Don't worry about Hunter. We'll get him ready."

I think B is much closer to the truth. There has been a huge drop off in talent during Rex's tenure and I believe that Rex's inability to judge talent - particularly on offense - is a major factor. Tanny's the GM, but I suspect he relies heavily on the input he get's from scouts and coaches.

I'd actually be OK with Tanny staying if he had the right people under him and the right head coach.

He's had scucess as head coach, but I've never been a fan of Rex.

Um, I'm sorry, but Tanny is Rex's boss. He hired Rex. If he is trusting Rex on personnel, that is on him. This is also the 2nd head coach Tanny has hired. If you're saying Rex has failed, that is two failed coaches under Tanny's watch, along with a ton of failed personnel decisions. Just like I said in 2008, if the head coach gets fired for this, the GM has to go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Um, I'm sorry, but Tanny is Rex's boss. He hired Rex. If he is trusting Rex on personnel, that is on him. This is also the 2nd head coach Tanny has hired. If you're saying Rex has failed, that is two failed coaches under Tanny's watch, along with a ton of failed personnel decisions. Just like I said in 2008, if the head coach gets fired for this, the GM has to go with him.
    +1000

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Tanny will get rid of Rex at the bye week to see of the team will respond to someone else.

That's why he's parked a former head coach with no experience as his offensive coordinator.

Tebow and Sparano are here as the in-season Hail-Mary's to save Tannenbaum's job. You'll see.

SAR I
    I just threw up in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    We'd be better off, collectively, if you left...
    Please, dont use the universal WE'D----you are in fact a kool aid swigging fan boy and don't represent anyone but you and Rah Rah the Cheer Leader.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Most NFL coaches get 3 years and do absolutely nothing and are dismissed. The way I look at it, Rex is in his "second year of doing nothing" so I'd give him one more after this. Even Wannstedt had 6 years in Chicago (with only two winning season at 9-7) and Wayne "Fred Flinstone" Fontes had over 8 in Detroit.

Oh, and we're 2-2 (2-0 in our division) and tied for first. Come in off the ledge people.