Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holmes out, is this what Sanchez really needed? Eli/Schockey Part II?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Holmes out, is this what Sanchez really needed? Eli/Schockey Part II?

Thoughts about the loss of Holmes...

Our best offensive player gone a week after we lose our best defensive player...

Holy mother of all bad luck batman...

Eli Manning's career pretty much took off when Schockey was no longer in the picture, it was about at that time when Manning didn't have a player in his ear pressuring him to get him the ball...

Looking back, this has been one of the major issues for Sanchez going back to last year, and really, a lot can be made about how both Holmes and Burress were the TRUE reasons why this offense imploded last year, why the selfishness reigned, why the team faltered at the end of the year.

Could the loss of Holmes be exactly what Sanchez and this offense needed?

It's crazy to assume a player of Holmes caliber missing from the offense helps, but does it?

Sanchez will no longer have to "worry" about where Holmes is on the field.

We will no longer have to be concerned about Holmes stopping his routes, or sulking on plays where he is not involved.

We may not have the talent on the field, but the Jets will have players that will work hard and compete on every play, this is why I think the Jets will stay away from players like Burress and TO, especially these two players. Ocho is a player they could make a play for, I think Ocho would come in and work, but I think the Jets stay away from the drama that would follow him, but if there was a FA WR out there that would make sense, Ocho is the player, he's hungry and desperate, the team is too, and he wouldn't come in and be a cancer, he could in fact spark the team.

But back to the point, the Holmes injury could be a blessing in disguise, and it will be real interesting to see how Sanchez responds, how the young WR's respond and especially how the team responds on offense.

This could be the injury that could even resurrect Sanchez, it happened with Eli, and we know Sanchez wasn't happy about having to be pressured about where the ball needs to go, that is why we read the camp reports about how Sanchez has tried to have a bigger presence in the huddle, how the huddle was his, and how his weapons need to trust the offense. Just maybe, this is what Sanchez really needed.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-03-2012 at 12:18 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    No.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Before the season maybe, and if we had a decent replacement. Four games into the season, it's just another nail in the coffin.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really wish Eli played in another town if for no other reason to end the ludicrous comparisons between himself and Mark.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ray, you may get a needle or two; but: everybody on here is praying this is true.

Come correct, you mopes.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    God you're an idiot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If threre were other viable options I would see your point but Kerley Schilens and a hobbled Hill doesn't cut it for me. No Holmes might help Mark in the long run but he will definitely miss him in the short term.

Someone has to step up big time to fill that role now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    When Shockey left, Eli still had some nice targets to throw to. We have crap!!

This team has ZERO talent on offense and an oline that doesn't push people off the ball. We have no chance this season to succeed. None!

Jets have a very good chance of getting shut out 2 weeks in a row.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shockey and Tiki basically bullied Eli. I do not think Holmes was bullying Sanchez. The Holmes/Sanchez debacle of 2011 was a tiff that was aloud to grow into a problem b.c of lack of leadership, both participants having vaginas and a HC that lacked awareness. It was blown out of proportion.

As other have noted, the Giants had much better players on offense that year than we can ever dream of. We have the worst skilled position talent in the NFL on offense.

And our defense that has been heavily invested in, littered with first round picks, can no longer carry the offense b.c they have **** the bed as well.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 10-03-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paging Brian Costello!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

didnt i say this...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Our best offensive player gone a week after we lose our best defensive player...

Eli Manning's career pretty much took off when Schockey was no longer in the picture, it was about at that time when Manning didn't have a player in his ear pressuring him to get him the ball...

Looking back, this has been one of the major issues for Sanchez going back to last year, and really, a lot can be made about how both Holmes and Burress were the TRUE reasons why this offense imploded last year, why the selfishness reigned, why the team faltered at the end of the year.

It's crazy to assume a player of Holmes caliber missing from the offense helps, but does it?

We will no longer have to be concerned about Holmes stopping his routes, or sulking on plays where he is not involved.

We may not have the talent on the field, but the Jets will have players that will work hard and compete on every play, this is why I think the Jets will stay away from players like Burress and TO, especially these two players. Ocho is a player they could make a play for, I think Ocho would come in and work, but I think the Jets stay away from the drama that would follow him, but if there was a FA WR out there that would make sense, Ocho is the player, he's hungry and desperate, the team is too, and he wouldn't come in and be a cancer, he could in fact spark the team.

But back to the point, the Holmes injury could be a blessing in disguise, and it will be real interesting to see how Sanchez responds, how the young WR's respond and especially how the team responds on offense.

This could be the injury that could even resurrect Sanchez, it happened with Eli, and we know Sanchez wasn't happy about having to be pressured about where the ball needs to go, that is why we read the camp reports about how Sanchez has tried to have a bigger presence in the huddle, how the huddle was his, and how his weapons need to trust the offense. Just maybe, this is what Sanchez really needed.
    in a prior post not long before the season started...............

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most definitely No. Sanchez needs all the targets he can get. Plus the fact can anyway one else step up at a crucial time like Holmes did against MIA ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Yes, this is what the entire team needed...a locker room cancer has been removed

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    in a prior post not long before the season started...............
    I;ve been saying we're better off without holmes since he got here. Holmes is an overrated lockerroom cancer. One of Tanny's biggest blunders was keeping him instead of Braylon. Braylon was happy as a pig in mud to be out of Cleveland and was a good camper. Holmes was here just to get a big payday and wanted the ball.

I understand trading for him to make a 1 year push but you have to cut ties with him. I hope he never plays for the jets again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    I really wish Eli played in another town if for no other reason to end the ludicrous comparisons between himself and Mark.
    How do you compare a top 5 NFL QB to a bottom 5 NFL QB.

There is no comparison.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How do you compare a top 5 NFL QB to a bottom 5 NFL QB.

There is no comparison.
    my God, man, when do you have time to read your fantasy novels and comic books!

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Most definitely No. Sanchez needs all the targets he can get. Plus the fact can anyway one else step up at a crucial time like Holmes did against MIA ?
    Holmes has an undeniable "Allen Iverson" quality to his in-game behavior...