Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Wow...This proves Rex has lost control of this team

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...This proves Rex has lost control of this team

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...fensive-effort

One of the worst defensive performances in Rex Ryan's coaching career turned even worse Tuesday night, when San Francisco 49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers accused the New York Jets of quitting late in Sunday's 34-0 blowout.

"Yeah, you could see it happening," Rogers told SiriusXM NFL Radio. "It kind of shocked me because a lot of guys on (our) sideline were saying, 'They don't want to tackle, they don't want to do this, they don't want to do that.'

"That's a Rex Ryan defense," he continued. "That's a Rex Ryan team ... and his defense, you know, plays throughout. That was the shocking point about it."

Rogers, who scored on a 51-yard fumble return, also said, "It really kind of shocked me to see that them guys were really just ready to get in the shower."

Rogers said he knew it was over once they opened a comfortable lead. "I know, looking at their defense, they didn't want to be out there," he said. "After that, it was like, 'Man, these guys really don't want to play the game. It's pretty much over.' "

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey mods, please merge of delete. I did not see the other post about this, b/c it was named differently.

thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming up here on Boomer and Carton

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what happens when your offense cant score. Any defense would start giving up. Why would they go balls out when they are down 20 points and know the offense cant score a single point?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right. D's give up when O's suck.