Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are some of you blind?

All League

Are some of you blind?

Holy **** !!. You all think its a QB change that will turn this thing around, you clearly have not watched a game this season. We have zero running game, we have nobody at receiver, a average TE (thats has not been on the field)..What do think a change of qb will do?..Tebow..seems every time the guy takes the field any momentum we had goes out the window and Mark ends up with a 3rd and six or longer..I wish they would let Mark go, I know this cant happen but gezzz would love to see this kid with a supporting cast around him..Almost forgot he had a supporting cast at one point, and what happened?...2 AFC championship games..short memories..

Hall Of Fame
    The supporting cast is weak to say the least but Mark is worse than the worst of them. Just because they are bad does not remove the stench that he generates all on his own.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Holy **** !!. You all think its a QB change that will turn this thing around, you clearly have not watched a game this season. We have zero running game, we have nobody at receiver, a average TE (thats has not been on the field)..What do think a change of qb will do?..Tebow..seems every time the guy takes the field any momentum we had goes out the window and Mark ends up with a 3rd and six or longer..I wish they would let Mark go, I know this cant happen but gezzz would love to see this kid with a supporting cast around him..Almost forgot he had a supporting cast at one point, and what happened?...2 AFC championship games..short memories..
    Yes.

Affirmative

A qb change is not going to turn the team around, however you can not keep trotting out an ineffective player at QB. Just because he is the QB does not leave him not accountable for his poor play.

A coach can not send a message by benching the borderline RG, SS or whatever. Coaches motivate the team by going after the high profile guy as a show.

Everyone has to be accountable, if the qb is ineffective and the coach does nothing it shows some players that he is not doing all he can to win the next game.

Mark should be given at least 4 more games, if his stays the same then Rex needs to see what he has behind him. You can't go into the off season not knowing what you have in McCelroy or Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    A qb change is not going to turn the team around, however you can not keep trotting out an ineffective player at QB. Just because he is the QB does not leave him not accountable for his poor play.

A coach can not send a message by benching the borderline RG, SS or whatever. Coaches motivate the team by going after the high profile guy as a show.

Everyone has to be accountable, if the qb is ineffective and the coach does nothing it shows some players that he is not doing all he can to win the next game.

Mark should be given at least 4 more games, if his stays the same then Rex needs to see what he has behind him. You can't go into the off season not knowing what you have in McCelroy or Tebow.
    Excellent post ... I believe even Brady had to sit once.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yup

Im with ya!
    Tebow not the answer only a side show. Sooner or later though the call will come from the top (Woody) to put him in. Definately not against the Texans as it will make him look even more ridiculous. If not the Colts it will be after the Bye as Bellicheck knows how to game plan him.

The only way to save Mark is to let him play out of this mess without Tone time. 4 Rec sets in shotgun. 2 TE sets. For god sakes put Mcnight in. Scrap the wildcat. Give him the green light to take off after 2 sec when no one is open. Might even get more than 3 yards which is about our running game.

Mark ....dont play scared or afraid to get injured, cause you are on the brink of getting benched.

All Pro
    QB is far from the only problem with this team (so I'm in no rush to start Tebow, who I think is worse, if that's possible) but it's still the biggest.

People don't seem to realize how loaded the 08-10 Jets were... Sanchez apologists keep acting like "if we give him a supporting cast" he'll be fine. In 09-10 he had THE BEST SUPPORTING CAST IN THE LEAGUE.

If Favre comes back in 09 instead of bailing to the Vikings, we win the Super Bowl.

Sh*t, if we have a halfway competent QB in 09 we win the Super Bowl. The single biggest mistake we've made in the Rex era is drafting Sanchez instead of going with a competent journeyman... We'd have a ring or two if we had.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Romo just threw 5 picks on mon. night..No talk about a qb change there, they are addressing the real problem...O-line, Dez...

All League
    SAY NO TO TEBOW

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    QB is far from the only problem with this team (so I'm in no rush to start Tebow, who I think is worse, if that's possible) but it's still the biggest.

People don't seem to realize how loaded the 08-10 Jets were... Sanchez apologists keep acting like "if we give him a supporting cast" he'll be fine. In 09-10 he had THE BEST SUPPORTING CAST IN THE LEAGUE.

If Favre comes back in 09 instead of bailing to the Vikings, we win the Super Bowl.

Sh*t, if we have a halfway competent QB in 09 we win the Super Bowl. The single biggest mistake we've made in the Rex era is drafting Sanchez instead of going with a competent journeyman... We'd have a ring or two if we had.
    So I guess you are saying Sanchez lost the Championship game against the steelers...hmmmmm...Like I said short memories.

All Pro
    Romo just threw 5 picks on mon. night..No talk about a qb change there, they are addressing the real problem...O-line, Dez...
    That's because Tony Romo has consistently been a top ten QB going on 5-6 years.

Mark Sanchez has consistently been a bottom ten QB (and that might be generous) going on 4 years.

People who are honestly comparing Romo and Sanchez are living in a fantasy land. Talk to anyone who isn't a Jets fan and they think Mark Sanchez is bottom 2 or 3 in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Blind isn't the word.

All Pro
    So I guess you are saying Sanchez lost the Championship game against the steelers...hmmmmm...Like I said short memories.
    Getting shutout in the first half and giving them a turnover to the house was a huge factor in losing that game, yes.

The reality is, that team sold out to beat the Pats and had nothing less. That doesn't fall on anyone specifically. They weren't really that good.

But they might have been with a legitimate QB at the helm.

I'm sorry ... Are you saying he won the game ? Because if he did I thought we would have ... You know ... Actually Gone to the SB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Im with ya!
    Tebow not the answer only a side show. Sooner or later though the call will come from the top (Woody) to put him in. Definately not against the Texans as it will make him look even more ridiculous. If not the Colts it will be after the Bye as Bellicheck knows how to game plan him.

The only way to save Mark is to let him play out of this mess without Tone time. 4 Rec sets in shotgun. 2 TE sets. For god sakes put Mcnight in. Scrap the wildcat. Give him the green light to take off after 2 sec when no one is open. Might even get more than 3 yards which is about our running game.

Mark ....dont play scared or afraid to get injured, cause you are on the brink of getting benched.
    Now you are talking I love it....evryone wants to go in a shell ****-it spread em out attack..Rollem out if it aint there take off..

All League
    Tebow is NOT the answer.

This whole team sucks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'm sorry ... Are you saying he won the game ? Because if he did I thought we would have ... You know ... Actually Gone to the SB.
    No I am saying the defense lost the game in the first half...The only bright spot was Mark pushing that team in the second half..Wake up man ...Wake up

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Still talking about the past and the D, they are not the big concern here.