Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Are some of you blind?

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    We suck. Period.

    There was just half a good game this season. Since the 2nd half of the Billsgame it's going down.

  2. #22

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    No I am saying the defense lost the game in the first half...The only bright spot was Mark pushing that team in the second half..Wake up man ...Wake up
    He still lost ... Jesus what kind of Sanchez apologist are you ?

  4. #24
    The most obvious thing in that video is that BE can consistantly get behind DB's, and fast enough to catch Mark's overthrows.

  5. #25
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island-Florida
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    The most obvious thing in that video is that BE can consistantly get behind DB's, and fast enough to catch Mark's overthrows.
    How is a catch an overthrow? Your an idiot.

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,230
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    How is a catch an overthrow? Your an idiot.
    Nice...Thanks for that..

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,696
    Mark Sanchez may be the single worst starting QB in the entire NFL. Maybe not but if not then it is certainly close. Still have kool-aid drinkers like the OP who are willing to blame everything else on the planet except for the steaming pile of crap behind center.

    Astonishing.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,122
    The OP is right on.

  9. #29
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arlington, TX.
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Holy **** !!. You all think its a QB change that will turn this thing around, you clearly have not watched a game this season. We have zero running game, we have nobody at receiver, a average TE (thats has not been on the field)..What do think a change of qb will do?..Tebow..seems every time the guy takes the field any momentum we had goes out the window and Mark ends up with a 3rd and six or longer..I wish they would let Mark go, I know this cant happen but gezzz would love to see this kid with a supporting cast around him..Almost forgot he had a supporting cast at one point, and what happened?...2 AFC championship games..short memories..
    Personally, I don't think a QB change will do much, at all. Not with who we have. WR's can't separate, route running can be elementary, too many drops, Greene falls down if a d-lineman looks at him wrong, wildcat is a fking joke, etc.

    BUT...to say Sanchez was the reason the Jets went to two straight AFCC games is just plain stupid. In 2009 alone he had 12TD's, 20INTs and 8 fumbles. Only completed 53.8% of his passes. The reason the Jets went in 2009 was because of

    1. Defense (#1 ranked)
    2. Running Game (#1 ranked)
    3. 3 (THREE!!) Missed FG's by Kaeding

    I'm not saying Sanchez doesn't deserve some credit, but to say HE was the reason...nope. He HAD a supporting cast in 2009. #1 defense, #1 running game. Traded for Braylon Edwards. Great offensive line. What more do you want?!?!

    2010...I felt Sanchez took a little leap forward. Much less turnovers (13 INT, 5 FUM), but still had a low completion%...54.8. And that's with the "Flight Boys", Keller and LT. But, the Jets had the 3rd ranked DEF and 3rd ranked rushing game, as well. Again, Sanchez had his part, especially in the NE game, which I think was his best game, overall. This should've been the Jets year.

    My biggest problem with Sanchez is twofold. I don't think he's a leader. He's not the type of QB that gets in the WR's face if they screw up a route, or jaws at a lineman for getting him pancaked. He just doesn't seem to command that presence that other good QB's have. Also...he's fragile. Fragile in the head. I think he's afraid of getting hit, which leads him to the errant throws and poor decisions when under pressure. All the proof you need is right here...courtesy of RaoulDuke's sig



    You'd think a large explosion went off in his ear with that flinch. I also think he dwells too much if he makes a bad decision. On Hard Knocks, we saw Shotty talk about this problem a lot. About him having to take over the team, being a leader, getting over bad throws, turnovers, etc. I know Rex has spoken about it, too. Even had to bring them into "leadership training" this year. He just seems to lose complete confidence if he gets hit, or if he makes some bad plays. Almost a sulking expression comes over his face.

    This is his team, like it or not. Unless he grows a pair, though, this team is done.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    QB is far from the only problem with this team (so I'm in no rush to start Tebow, who I think is worse, if that's possible) but it's still the biggest.

    People don't seem to realize how loaded the 08-10 Jets were... Sanchez apologists keep acting like "if we give him a supporting cast" he'll be fine. In 09-10 he had THE BEST SUPPORTING CAST IN THE LEAGUE.

    If Favre comes back in 09 instead of bailing to the Vikings, we win the Super Bowl.

    Sh*t, if we have a halfway competent QB in 09 we win the Super Bowl. The single biggest mistake we've made in the Rex era is drafting Sanchez instead of going with a competent journeyman... We'd have a ring or two if we had.
    This is it in a nutshell. I agree the Jets would have won the SB if Favre had stuck around. Rex has said he would have loved to have Favre and would have done his best to court him to stay on the Jets but never got the chance, as Rex got a brief, brusque phone call from Favre letting Rex know he was jumping ship. I believe if Tannenbaum and/or Woody would have agreed to dump Schottenheimer then, Favre might have stayed on and history would have turned out very differently. Rex and staff scouted Cutler as an alternative but decided against him - probably the right move.

    So what was the alternative? Obviously Rex had enough faith that the rest of the team could carry Mark to the SB and he almost did it.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    Personally, I don't think a QB change will do much, at all. Not with who we have. WR's can't separate, route running can be elementary, too many drops, Greene falls down if a d-lineman looks at him wrong, wildcat is a fking joke, etc.

    BUT...to say Sanchez was the reason the Jets went to two straight AFCC games is just plain stupid. In 2009 alone he had 12TD's, 20INTs and 8 fumbles. Only completed 53.8% of his passes. The reason the Jets went in 2009 was because of

    1. Defense (#1 ranked)
    2. Running Game (#1 ranked)
    3. 3 (THREE!!) Missed FG's by Kaeding

    I'm not saying Sanchez doesn't deserve some credit, but to say HE was the reason...nope. He HAD a supporting cast in 2009. #1 defense, #1 running game. Traded for Braylon Edwards. Great offensive line. What more do you want?!?!

    2010...I felt Sanchez took a little leap forward. Much less turnovers (13 INT, 5 FUM), but still had a low completion%...54.8. And that's with the "Flight Boys", Keller and LT. But, the Jets had the 3rd ranked DEF and 3rd ranked rushing game, as well. Again, Sanchez had his part, especially in the NE game, which I think was his best game, overall. This should've been the Jets year.

    My biggest problem with Sanchez is twofold. I don't think he's a leader. He's not the type of QB that gets in the WR's face if they screw up a route, or jaws at a lineman for getting him pancaked. He just doesn't seem to command that presence that other good QB's have. Also...he's fragile. Fragile in the head. I think he's afraid of getting hit, which leads him to the errant throws and poor decisions when under pressure. All the proof you need is right here...courtesy of RaoulDuke's sig



    You'd think a large explosion went off in his ear with that flinch. I also think he dwells too much if he makes a bad decision. On Hard Knocks, we saw Shotty talk about this problem a lot. About him having to take over the team, being a leader, getting over bad throws, turnovers, etc. I know Rex has spoken about it, too. Even had to bring them into "leadership training" this year. He just seems to lose complete confidence if he gets hit, or if he makes some bad plays. Almost a sulking expression comes over his face.

    This is his team, like it or not. Unless he grows a pair, though, this team is done.
    I agree with you 100%.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    How is a catch an overthrow? Your an idiot.
    I guess its your first time on the internet, as I put a rolleyes face after the post meaning that Sanchez haters who bash him for "overthrowing" his WR's all the time can in fact "complete" the bombs when coupled with a gifted player like Edwards (size, speed, strength) and not with the hand me downs of other teams.

    I support Sanchez as he is the current QB of the Jets and if you look at my post history defend him as I see fit.

    Edit to add: not just deep passes but miss throws by Mark that our receivers cant seem to pull in but other teams WR can. Believe me Ive seen enough highlights.
    Last edited by FMJets; 10-03-2012 at 09:45 AM.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,392
    Whether or not Sanchez is the issue with this team, he needs to be benched.

    Here is why:

    What can you point to about Sanchez that he has improved in since year 1?

    He doesn't read DEF any better.
    He doesn't show better leadership.
    He doesn't make other players better.

    I 100% agree that changing the QB will have no effect on our season. This isn't '99 when Lucas should have been in much earlier. This is a putrid team. The reason: b/c we have a terrible QB who has an even worse supporting cast.

    We have a coach who holds none of his players accountable for their play. In regards to Sanchez, this is magnified. He never had a fear of job security. HE even said post game that he has no worry about it.

    THAT IS INSANE.

    If you played a game like that, 2 weeks in a row mind you, then you should certainly believe there is a good chance you will lose your job if you keep it up. He is in LA LA land and the blame is on the coaching staff for that.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,682
    huh? I think many of us agree that we have many problems other than QB play....

  15. #35
    I've been excusing Sanchez for 3 years now & I realize that we have less weapons on O than probably the entire league BUT

    He still misses REALLY EASY, REALLY EASY short throws! He still has happy feet & throws with out setting his feet, he still carries the ball like a loaf of bread in the damn pocket!
    UGH!
    Look at the contenders, Jets HAVE TO FIND A QB!

    Colts are gonna beat the Jets! If you don't think that Luck won't shred this horrible pass rush you haven't been watching this year. I'm sure the game will be close but Woody is going to see how a VERY GOOD QB can elevate those players around him
    It's gonna be ugly because other than the rookie QB, the COLTs are in a TOTAL REBUILD MODE!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    A qb change is not going to turn the team around, however you can not keep trotting out an ineffective player at QB. Just because he is the QB does not leave him not accountable for his poor play.

    A coach can not send a message by benching the borderline RG, SS or whatever. Coaches motivate the team by going after the high profile guy as a show.

    Everyone has to be accountable, if the qb is ineffective and the coach does nothing it shows some players that he is not doing all he can to win the next game.

    Mark should be given at least 4 more games, if his stays the same then Rex needs to see what he has behind him. You can't go into the off season not knowing what you have in McCelroy or Tebow.
    Perfectly said. I'm not expecting McElroy to come in and save the season. And I'm not calling for him right now. But if the Jets are 2-5 in a few weeks (and looking equally bad in the process) then yeah, let's see if Greg is a future #2 or - best-case scenario - a guy who can hold the fort better than Sanchez can while the team is rebuilt.

    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    No I am saying the defense lost the game in the first half...The only bright spot was Mark pushing that team in the second half..Wake up man ...Wake up
    The Steelers had 17 points before Sanchez's fumble. 17 is bad, but why did the Jets not have any points? Did they not have any first-half possessions? What did Sanchez do with his opportunities?

    Here's all you need to know about Sanchez - since the NE playoff game, when people defend him, they do it by trashing others (Schotty, surrounding talent, etc). Nobody defends Mark Sanchez by pointing out the plays he DOES make on the field. Rookies like RG3 and Tannehill are getting it done with equally questionable talent, but with Sanchez it's always about what someone else isn't doing.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    QB is far from the only problem with this team (so I'm in no rush to start Tebow, who I think is worse, if that's possible) but it's still the biggest.

    People don't seem to realize how loaded the 08-10 Jets were... Sanchez apologists keep acting like "if we give him a supporting cast" he'll be fine. In 09-10 he had THE BEST SUPPORTING CAST IN THE LEAGUE.

    If Favre comes back in 09 instead of bailing to the Vikings, we win the Super Bowl.

    Sh*t, if we have a halfway competent QB in 09 we win the Super Bowl. The single biggest mistake we've made in the Rex era is drafting Sanchez instead of going with a competent journeyman... We'd have a ring or two if we had.
    Not only that, but why would you give a rookie head coach who has no experience developing QB's (because he was a defensive coordinator) a raw rookie QB who only had 16 college starts under his belt.

    Also why would you trade up for a "Franchise QB" When your head coach does not want to win the game in the air. Rex wants to keep the game close with his defense and win the game on the ground. A vet game manager type of QB like Kyle Orton would have sufficed.

    This Tanny's fault for this nonsense, and idiotic moves. This is what happens when you let accountants make football decisions.....

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Mark Sanchez may be the single worst starting QB in the entire NFL. Maybe not but if not then it is certainly close. Still have kool-aid drinkers like the OP who are willing to blame everything else on the planet except for the steaming pile of crap behind center.

    Astonishing.
    + a million.

    ranked dead last in completion % this year and close to last in his other 3.....he is just not a good qb.

    the afc championship teams had everything to do with a GREAT OFFENSIVE line and running game along with a top 1-5 defense.....not sissy boy suckchez.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    + a million.

    ranked dead last in completion % this year and close to last in his other 3.....he is just not a good qb.

    the afc championship teams had everything to do with a GREAT OFFENSIVE line and running game along with a top 1-5 defense.....not sissy boy suckchez.
    I agree with DBAKE, not many QB's I wouldn't trade Sanchez for at this point.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Holy **** !!. You all think its a QB change that will turn this thing around, you clearly have not watched a game this season. We have zero running game, we have nobody at receiver, a average TE (thats has not been on the field)..What do think a change of qb will do?..Tebow..seems every time the guy takes the field any momentum we had goes out the window and Mark ends up with a 3rd and six or longer..I wish they would let Mark go, I know this cant happen but gezzz would love to see this kid with a supporting cast around him..Almost forgot he had a supporting cast at one point, and what happened?...2 AFC championship games..short memories..
    The Yahoos out here think that the QB play should quote "Elevate" the players around them and this is no doubt true!!!

    However there is a reason why no QB in the history of the modern game (post 1945) has EVER won a NFL Championship in which the RBs were poor, the WRs were poor and the OL was not performing well. No QB has played well under such circumstances. NO ONE... WRs literally running the wrong routes.....

    Look around at the offensive talent around Dallas' QB Romo there is no comparison to what the Jets are trotting out it is a disgrace what is happening.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us