Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are some of you blind?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    + a million.

ranked dead last in completion % this year and close to last in his other 3.....he is just not a good qb.

the afc championship teams had everything to do with a GREAT OFFENSIVE line and running game along with a top 1-5 defense.....not sissy boy suckchez.
    Fine..beat up mark all you want. he deserves it. BUT, Tom Brady on this team couldn't win.

Look at our draft from 2010 to now compare it to the Pats.

There's the problem and it stems from rex and tanny knowing VERY little about evaluationg and developing talent.

Practice Squad
    Not trying to be a Sanchez apologist here and I agree has played poorly most of this season... however it is very hard to evaluate a QBs performance when he has absolutely no weapons around him. No defense respects the run so they can pretty much focus on the pass, we have limited pass protection and when we do get some there is usually nobody to throw to.

I am not a football analyst but I do find it interesting that many ex-QB analysts (Simms, Boomer, etc.) are big defenders of Sanchez and blame the organization for not supporting his development, not backing him, and not providing him the tools to succeed, not to mention f-ing with his head (Tebow)
    Last edited by OneTime; 10-03-2012 at 11:55 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Not only that, but why would you give a rookie head coach who has no experience developing QB's (because he was a defensive coordinator) a raw rookie QB who only had 16 college starts under his belt.

Also why would you trade up for a "Franchise QB" When your head coach does not want to win the game in the air. Rex wants to keep the game close with his defense and win the game on the ground. A vet game manager type of QB like Kyle Orton would have sufficed.

This Tanny's fault for this nonsense, and idiotic moves. This is what happens when you let accountants make football decisions.....
    Totally agree with you and also add Woody wanted the big name QB coming out of college to sell tickets. I've been saying from the start ,Mark look so comfortable in his rookie season. He was making rookie mistakes but he was a gamer and he played with fire. Once Rex and Schotty got more in bedded in his head , his game started to go downward. Rex wanted that Dilfer effect. Looks more like ego then anything else to take all the credit on defense.

So you are admitting that it was the supporting cast that was responsible for the playoff success.

This is where the Sancopolgists have painted themselves into a corner. for the last few years the big thing they had to hang their hat on was that 'Mark' lead the team to two afc champ games. Now they try and excuse his play by saying he needs a supporting cast.

Forget the supporting cast and focus on individual plays. He stinks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Totally agree with you and also add Woody wanted the big name QB coming out of college to sell tickets. I've been saying from the start ,Mark look so comfortable in his rookie season. He was making rookie mistakes but he was a gamer and he played with fire. Once Rex and Schotty got more in bedded in his head , his game started to go downward. Rex wanted that Dilfer effect. Looks more like ego then anything else to take all the credit on defense.
    Yep, I'm a believer that Rex and Schotty ruined Sanchez to an extent. Rex's defensive philosophy and lack of offensive knowledge played a part. Sanchez MIGHT have fared better under the tutelage of an offensive wizard such as McCarthy or Sean Payton.

Mark Sanchez may be the single worst starting QB in the entire NFL. Maybe not but if not then it is certainly close. Still have kool-aid drinkers like the OP who are willing to blame everything else on the planet except for the steaming pile of crap behind center.

Big part of his problem Sanchez seems to have no pocket presence. Stays in too long, constantly. Never rolls out. As far as Tebow he is totally misused when on field.

You guys think you're frustrated, I was rooting for the Jets when they were the Titans

Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Im with ya!
    Tebow not the answer only a side show. Sooner or later though the call will come from the top (Woody) to put him in. Definately not against the Texans as it will make him look even more ridiculous.
    I disagree....

A Monday Night game. A national audience. Woody a noted Romney supporter and donor. Tebow a poster boy for the Christian conservatives.

Visions of Tebow rallying the team and the Republican party at the same time are probably swimming in Woody Johnson's head right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Fine..beat up mark all you want. he deserves it. BUT, Tom Brady on this team couldn't win.

Look at our draft from 2010 to now compare it to the Pats.

There's the problem and it stems from rex and tanny knowing VERY little about evaluationg and developing talent.
    I think that is 100% untrue. Brady spent years making scrubs look like world beaters. We were close enough in that game on Sunday that even remotely competent QB play would have had us tied or ahead at the half.

Mark was not running for his life until later in the 2nd half.

Don't get me wrong I think we need significant talent upgrades across the board on offense but the worst of the the worst of them is Sanchez.