Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Mike T should be canned ...

Why Mike T should be canned ...

Not in any order ...

1. Putting all his eggs in the Asomough basket and losing.
    2. Signing a massive malcontent to a 50 million dollar contract
    3. Signing a bad QB to a huge extension for no reason other than to settle said QBs nerves.
    4. Trading away too many picks at the expense of depth
    5. Vernon Gholston
    6. Wayne Hunter
    7. Derrick Mason

... Keep it going ...
    Last edited by Dunnie; 10-03-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Not in any order ...

3. Signing a bad QB to a huge extension for no reason other than to settle said QBs nerves.
    5. Vernon Gholston

... Keep it going ...

Dump

Fans always want a scapegoat, and it's only week 4...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Dump

Hey ... Weren't you self banned for life ????

All League
    Fire Mike T!

NOW

Hall Of Fame
    Tannenbaum has to go but unfortunately the critical mass for that decision is not yet at hand. I said before the season that I think He and Rex and Mark are all joined at the hip and they will drag this thing out through the end of the 2013 season. That's right. Another year AFTER this one.

Unfortunately that means another year of Mike T. running the draft and trading away picks for short term band-aids. God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Tannenbaum has to go but unfortunately the critical mass for that decision is not yet at hand. I said before the season that I think He and Rex and Mark are all joined at the hip and they will drag this thing out through the end of the 2013 season. That's right. Another year AFTER this one.

Unfortunately that means another year of Mike T. running the draft and trading away picks for short term band-aids. God help us.
    If the team completely implodes (i.e. 4-11 and isn't competitive) then Woody will clean house.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    If the team completely implodes (i.e. 4-11 and isn't competitive) then Woody will clean house.
    any chance he considers a move to la? current psls become null and void and he starts over again. filling his pockets with more $.

Tanny has been about the hype, not about the substance. It's too early to make a call, but if the season gets away, the correct play would be to fire him as soon as it does. Find the new GM ASAP, which may mean after the season. Make it clear that the new GM will have final decision making per on the players and coaches.

Put them all on notice.

Dump

Actually, he was pretty much right on. Some have been saying this for a few years. Me, since 2008. How about the fact that since John Abraham left town the Jets' pass rush has been anemic, and it still is: SEVEN offseasons later with Mike T at the helm, and still not one impact pass rusher on this team. The way he handled Pete Kendall in '07 ruined a season, the way he handled the Damian Woody retirement was eerily reminiscent. He's on his 2nd coach, 3rd QB and whether or not this team "recovers" and goes 8-8 should have no bearing. We've had an accountant making our personnel decisions for 7 years, assisted by a guy we "fired" for being an incompetent GM for 6 years prior to that. Enough apologizing for them and for this owner.

Not in any order ...

5. Vernon Gholston
    6. Wayne Hunter
    7. Derrick Mason

... Keep it going ...
    I'm inclined to forgive Tanny for Gholston. That was a horrible lot of first rounders after the top 4 picks, and if there were no trade partners, Gholston had to be the pick. If the Jets drafted any other player in that position it would have been met with equal venom, especially if Gholston didn't become the biggest bust in NFL history (which he did).

The others I agree with. Plus:

8. The entire 2010 draft. You can't miss on an entire draft, but they did
    9. $40 mil to Calvin Pace
    10. $30 mil to David Harris

11/12/13/14. Tebow. In a time when a portion of the fanbase is clamoring for a guy like McElroy, the Jets actually had a higher-regarded prospect on the roster who has already started some games, has a live arm, and some escapability. Instead of sticking with him, they go out and acquire a non-QB QB (giving up two draft picks in the process), and then bulk him up to 250 lbs, reducing the best ability he brought to the table.

I know many believe that Tebow was all Woody and maybe it was. But in that situation I expect Tannenbaum to find a way (whatever it takes) to convince his boss that mortgaging more picks on a guy who can't be expected to step in and run the offense is not a good football move.

EDIT: Toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon added another perfect example, with the Pete Kendall move that essentially crushed the '07 season.
    Last edited by GreenWave; 10-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Dump

You must write this $hit on purpose for attention, nobody who is usually so astute would write something as dumb as you did here Ray.
    Surely you are kidding, no? You do not think we need a complete overhaul in the FO, CS, and player personnel? This is a 2-14 train wreck. They might win once more the entire rest of this season. The "GM" left us with nothing. We have ZERO personnel on this team. They have already quit on the coach. They have spent the last 6 years drafting pass rushers and still can't rush the passer. They have no RB's, no TE, a QB who still cannot throw a screen pass over a rushing D lineman, wilting under slight pressure and never making anyone around him better, no WR's, no RT, slow, old decrepit LB'ers. Imagine paying a PSL and the megabucks involved in buying tickets, parking and the like to go watch this GARBAGE. My football season is over despite how many times you say "dump it is only week 4".

RR, we must not be watching the same thing my friend.

What this organization has become is sad, pathetic and hearkens back to 1996 We need a Parcels like football executive to come in here and fix this. We have a moron as an owner who does not care, so don't be surprised if this is status quo into next year and yet another pathetic season in 2013.

Not in any order ...

5. Vernon Gholston
    6. Wayne Hunter
    7. Derrick Mason

... Keep it going ...
    Cant argue with any of these points

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree. The Beancounter has to be held accountable.

Tuesday Morning at about 12:15AM, there just may be a lynch mob ready to pounce on him. A 30 - 0 loss should seal the deal...

Monday night could very well be his version of Custer's last stand...

We get creamed and this board will be wild....

I hope for the opposite, but even though I try hard to be positive, and with no moves to replace Holmes, then we get a left over FB, just shows me that they may be going all in on this Wildcat Fantasy...

You can Tannenbaum then you are also canning Rex...

You can't hire a new GM and not expect him to bring in his own guy.

Tannenbaum leaves, so does Rex.

i live pretty close to florham park. if they lose monday night i might put a 4x8 sheet of plywood near the entrance of the facility with "jets suck" on it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I agree. The Beancounter has to be held accountable.
    good one

All Pro
    I just posted this in another thread but I think it needs to be said here as well.

Tanny's big blunder in 2009 during the transition from Mangini to Rex:

why would you give a rookie head coach who has no experience developing QB's (because he was a defensive coordinator) a raw rookie QB who only had 16 college starts under his belt.

Also why would you trade up for a "Franchise QB" When your head coach does not want to win the game in the air. Rex wants to keep the game close with his defense and win the game on the ground. A vet game manager type of QB like Kyle Orton would have sufficed.

This Tanny's fault for this nonsense, and idiotic moves. This is what happens when you let accountants make football decisions.....

Hall Of Fame
    Bad contracts to players they over valued, inability to provide any sort of consistency to his developing QB, lack of any kind of impact players.

Its been 7 years and this might be the least talented roster he has had here. He is going in the wrong direction. The problem is that the owner does not have the balls to make the change.

Tannenbaum has to go at the end of the year. This roster is completely depleted of depth and talent. The 2008 to 2011 drafts are pathetic, a few average players at best. They went quality over quantity and couldn't get any quality at all either. I will hold out hope for the 2012 draft class since it's early.

Unfortunately, it looks like Rex and Tanny are tied together. So if Tanny goes, so does Rex when the new GM comes in. I would like to keep Rex here and give him another shot, but that most likely wouldn't happen if Tanny goes