Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Mike T should be canned ...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait you mean the bellores mcintyres powells arent good players?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i live pretty close to florham park. if they lose monday night i might put a 4x8 sheet of plywood near the entrance of the facility with "jets suck" on it.
    You do sound like a spoiled rich kid.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The further we get from Mangenious the worse we get
    Everyone thought The Jets fleeced Mangini when he gave them
    The 5th pick to get Sanchez. I believe 70% of the defense
    And 60% of the coaching staff the 1st 2 years were Eric's guys Just saying

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets84 View Post
    Tannenbaum has to go at the end of the year. This roster is completely depleted of depth and talent. The 2008 to 2011 drafts are pathetic, a few average players at best. They went quality over quantity and couldn't get any quality at all either. I will hold out hope for the 2012 draft class since it's early.

Unfortunately, it looks like Rex and Tanny are tied together. So if Tanny goes, so does Rex when the new GM comes in. I would like to keep Rex here and give him another shot, but that most likely wouldn't happen if Tanny goes
    Agreed they went Quality over Quality - but the biggest problem there was they for High Risk / High Reward type picks. Those high risk picks often end up as they have for the Jets - bombs.

put everything aside, outside of Revis Jets have no impact players on their roster NONE - that's enough to get any GM fired after 7 years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    You must write this $hit on purpose for attention, nobody who is usually so astute would write something as dumb as you did here Ray.
    Surely you are kidding, no? You do not think we need a complete overhaul in the FO, CS, and player personnel? This is a 2-14 train wreck. They might win once more the entire rest of this season. The "GM" left us with nothing. We have ZERO personnel on this team. They have already quit on the coach. They have spent the last 6 years drafting pass rushers and still can't rush the passer. They have no RB's, no TE, a QB who still cannot throw a screen pass over a rushing D lineman, wilting under slight pressure and never making anyone around him better, no WR's, no RT, slow, old decrepit LB'ers. Imagine paying a PSL and the megabucks involved in buying tickets, parking and the like to go watch this GARBAGE. My football season is over despite how many times you say "dump it is only week 4".

RR, we must not be watching the same thing my friend.

What this organization has become is sad, pathetic and hearkens back to 1996 We need a Parcels like football executive to come in here and fix this. We have a moron as an owner who does not care, so don't be surprised if this is status quo into next year and yet another pathetic season in 2013.
    Pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

Staring to think this guy is the bizarro SAR

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    You can Tannenbaum then you are also canning Rex...

You can't hire a new GM and not expect him to bring in his own guy.

Tannenbaum leaves, so does Rex.
    Okay, where do I sign?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Dump

Fans always want a scapegoat, and it's only week 4...
    Technically, it's only scapegoating when the person blamed is innocent of any wrongdoing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Actually, he was pretty much right on. Some have been saying this for a few years. Me, since 2008. How about the fact that since John Abraham left town the Jets' pass rush has been anemic, and it still is: SEVEN offseasons later with Mike T at the helm, and still not one impact pass rusher on this team. The way he handled Pete Kendall in '07 ruined a season, the way he handled the Damian Woody retirement was eerily reminiscent. He's on his 2nd coach, 3rd QB and whether or not this team "recovers" and goes 8-8 should have no bearing. We've had an accountant making our personnel decisions for 7 years, assisted by a guy we "fired" for being an incompetent GM for 6 years prior to that. Enough apologizing for them and for this owner.

Bingo we all remember how they were talking up Adrain Clarke as well..

It is a disgrace!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's been rublings that Tannenbaum is being evaluated heavily this year and could be shown the door

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I just posted this in another thread but I think it needs to be said here as well.

Tanny's big blunder in 2009 during the transition from Mangini to Rex:

why would you give a rookie head coach who has no experience developing QB's (because he was a defensive coordinator) a raw rookie QB who only had 16 college starts under his belt.

Also why would you trade up for a "Franchise QB" When your head coach does not want to win the game in the air. Rex wants to keep the game close with his defense and win the game on the ground. A vet game manager type of QB like Kyle Orton would have sufficed.

This Tanny's fault for this nonsense, and idiotic moves. This is what happens when you let accountants make football decisions.....
    Can't anyone else see this!!!!!!

The Jets don't kno what they are doing didn't have a real plan and now are blaming the players for their incompetence!!!!

Good Grief!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Actually, he was pretty much right on. Some have been saying this for a few years. Me, since 2008. How about the fact that since John Abraham left town the Jets' pass rush has been anemic, and it still is: SEVEN offseasons later with Mike T at the helm, and still not one impact pass rusher on this team. The way he handled Pete Kendall in '07 ruined a season, the way he handled the Damian Woody retirement was eerily reminiscent. He's on his 2nd coach, 3rd QB and whether or not this team "recovers" and goes 8-8 should have no bearing. We've had an accountant making our personnel decisions for 7 years, assisted by a guy we "fired" for being an incompetent GM for 6 years prior to that. Enough apologizing for them and for this owner.
    Agreed!

Tanny and entire scouting department need to go. How Bradway is still in this organization is amazing to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The scouting has been atrocious. We keep drafting defense early and our defense Still looks old and slow.

We cut half of our draft class. Half. 5 guys cant even add depth to a team with 0 depth.

Other teams use the draft to actually acquire depth. Depth has been an issue for a long time. We didnt even have that much depth when we were good. How do you look at that offense and only add a project WR in the draft (which may turn out to be a good player) and a polarizing back up quarter back? The Packers were so injured 2 years ago and still won a Superbowl. We lose 2 players for the year and our season is over.

Also, back to year one of Rex....we had a chance to grab Rey Lewis and we got Bart Scott instead...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    There's been rublings that Tannenbaum is being evaluated heavily this year and could be shown the door
    link?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post

Rumblings from where? As much as I think Tanny should be fired (and have been saying it for 4 years) I have zero confidence in this owner to actually do it. I think it will take 4-12 at best for it to happen, and only because the pressure from media and fans will be so intense. But I doubt the record will be that bad. In which case I expect Woody to give everyone a pass because of Revis and now Holmes. This owner has a track record of holding no one accountable and I'm not sure why I should believe that will end.