Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: STUBHUB

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There was an article today in the Post from a reliable source that said the Jets have approximately 10,000 seats unsold including Club seats.

In a stadium that seats 82,500 fans, that's 12% of the seats unsold.

There are 12,500 Club seats. I think we can agree that approximately 50% of them remain unsold. That is 6,250 seats right there.

There are 27,000 upper deck seats. If we take the remaining 4,750 and put them up there, that's 18% of those seats remaining unsold. If you eyeball the stadium in your head, you'll see that those 4,750 seats are in the end zones or up top by the light-poles, consistent with what we notice on gamedays.

So that's 88% of the stadium sold including Club seats, so on average, the Jets are able to sell 8% of the seats each week and are eating 10% of the remaining seats in the stadium, the majority being the expensive Club seats.

But all that really should matter to a Jets fan is attendance. It's what determines if we are loud enough, it's what shows up on TV as a full stadium, it's what shows the overall support the franchise has. NFL records tell us that attendance fill rates are sitting at 96%, same as the first 2 seasons in MetLife, same as the last season in Giants Stadium.

Importantly, if 10 to 15% of the seats each week are up for sale on third-party websites, the fans are buying them and filling the seats. If PSL owners or the Jets themselves lose a little money on these transactions, that's the way it goes. PSL owners expect that based on our history, and the Jets themselves knew this was a risk when they left the upper deck to go without PSL.

SAR I

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...m_content=Jets

"And thatís just the resale market. Sources in the ticket industry said yesterday it was their understanding the Jets have more than 10,000 tickets available for each game that they werenít able to sell to brokers or in season-ticket packages to fans."

That part is what stands out. There are a lot of brokers the Jets sell to for below face value. If you look at ticketmaster.com you can see probably 3k tickets for sale for each game. I could be slightly off if someone wants to go on there and look at the interactive map fell free I'm taking an estimate. The thing I wonder is how many brokers are the Jets dumping tickets to each year. I'd bet that some of the low-end PSLs (a row 12 mez A PSL in the center end zone for example) are just sold to brokers and they aren't paying a PSL.

I'm not here to disagree about the season ticketholder experience because I agree with you we are here to enjoy games here for the long haul. I just disagree with whether or not the stadium is "sold out"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The article verifies what most of us have known (or at least suspected) for a long time.

What I don't understand is what people are arguing about exactly.

I was once a season ticket holder. I made the decision that PSLs were not for me. I prefer the freedom to pick and choose and enjoy (or deal with) what the secondary market will bear.

Other people enjoy having the stability of season tickets. They also enjoy attending several games a year and sell a few off to offset costs.

Everyone wins.

In the words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"
    Hear, hear.

You have some malcontents trying to stir the pot. To my knowledge, beyond those 5 people everyone else is good.

SAR I
    It really is the same half dozen or so complainers and whiners every time. They think by repeating themselves over and over and over (like the moron Norwood or Lorwin or whatever) their inane arguments will actually prove true. A whole lotta noise from a few embittered fans who seem to personalize the Jets' business decisions, be they good or bad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the bottom line is, the Jets have never Sold Out this new stadium. They sold out the old stadium but there were tons of no-shows at every game unless it was/had playoff implications. The Jets will never sell out 82,000 seats unless it`s a home playoff game, or has the ramifications of one(which doesn`t look good for some time to come). I don`t think anyone here should fool themselves that they are sold out to justify their PSL purchase. It`s silly. If you have tickets and you are happy with them, enjoy. If you don`t have tickets, be happy you can get them for a fraction of what you once did in the old stadium without having to cough up thousands of dollars. Just remember, you get nothing if the Jets win or lose. It`s a game and it means nothing. Just go to the game, get FitShaced and bring your own food. The Jets will love you for that alone. LOL

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    It really is the same half dozen or so complainers and whiners every time. They think by repeating themselves over and over and over (like the moron Norwood or Lorwin or whatever) their inane arguments will actually prove true. A whole lotta noise from a few embittered fans who seem to personalize the Jets' business decisions, be they good or bad.
    Listen, no one on this board was more upset about how the stadium situation concluded than yours truly. I still believe it was a long term, bad strategic move by the franchise and did not serve the core of the fan base.

That being said, what's done is done. There is no recourse outside of choosing not to be a STH or PSL owner.

I've moved on and support the team in a way I'm comfortable. I think it would be healthier for others to take a similar mindset. Life is too short.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

I'm not here to disagree about the season ticketholder experience because I agree with you we are here to enjoy games here for the long haul. I just disagree with whether or not the stadium is "sold out"
    We're way past that.

Once the Jets failed to make the playoffs, thousands of fans dumped their upper deck seats which they held onto because of the hope of a Super Bowl run.

Club seats were never part of the "sold out" discussion.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    What I've learned from this and other discussion forums is that you have a small group of malcontents who literally think that this is a great mechanism to "send a message to the man".

iPhone forums, they think Steve Jobs is watching from heaven. Automotive forums, they think car companies are reading and will change their entire marketing strategies. Sports forums, they think the GM will listen to their dumb trades. Jets forum, people think Woody Johnson is going to break his 30 year lease and move right back 'home' to Queens because of what they write on a screen.

Silly fools. And they get mad at us, they besmirch us because they think we're diluting their message, that we're standing in the way of Woody Johnson doing what's right. It's a joke.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    the bottom line is, the Jets have never Sold Out this new stadium. They sold out the old stadium but there were tons of no-shows at every game unless it was/had playoff implications. The Jets will never sell out 82,000 seats unless it`s a home playoff game, or has the ramifications of one(which doesn`t look good for some time to come). I don`t think anyone here should fool themselves that they are sold out to justify their PSL purchase. It`s silly. If you have tickets and you are happy with them, enjoy. If you don`t have tickets, be happy you can get them for a fraction of what you once did in the old stadium without having to cough up thousands of dollars. Just remember, you get nothing if the Jets win or lose. It`s a game and it means nothing. Just go to the game, get FitShaced and bring your own food. The Jets will love you for that alone. LOL
    NO ONE CARES if the stadium is sold out or not. There are enough fans there to make enough noise to make a difference.

Not a single PSL owner needs to justify anything. No one forks over $20,000 because of some perception created on a fan message board. We all went in happily and knowingly, and to my knowledge we're all very happy with our locations, how much we pay, the decent aftermarket, and the atmosphere.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Listen, no one on this board was more upset about how the stadium situation concluded than yours truly. I still believe it was a long term, bad strategic move by the franchise and did not serve the core of the fan base.

That being said, what's done is done. There is no recourse outside of choosing not to be a STH or PSL owner.

I've moved on and support the team in a way I'm comfortable. I think it would be healthier for others to take a similar mindset. Life is too short.
    And that's it right there, really.

Accept where the stadium is located. Accept your particular ticket situation. Do not judge those who make an effort to attend live games as it's a bigger hardship than you know. Root for the Jets. Treat other Jets fans with respect. Except Fireman Ed.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that's it right there, really.

Accept where the stadium is located. Accept your particular ticket situation. Do not judge those who make an effort to attend live games as it's a bigger hardship than you know. Root for the Jets. Treat other Jets fans with respect. Except Fireman Ed.

SAR I
    In the words of Mark Gastineau HALLELLUUUU JAHHHHHH

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    UD is a non event. I never really look up there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only 1,800 Jets/Colts tickets left on Stubhub.

Good job, Jets fans.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job, Jets fans.

SAR I
    what about other sources?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job, Jets fans.

SAR I
    Yep, and for the 3rd game in a row I could've bought 4 tickets 3 rows in front of me for $40 less, each, plus no pre season. PSL or not the real gold is in buying on secondary market.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC331 View Post
    Yep, and for the 3rd game in a row I could've bought 4 tickets 3 rows in front of me for $40 less, each, plus no pre season. PSL or not the real gold is in buying on secondary market.
    Again, that doesn't matter to any PSL owner as we're in it for the 30 year long haul. We appreciate your business. If I couldn't go to a few games back in 2001 I'd eat them, take a $400 loss. Now, with a healthy secondary market, I'll make back half, only take a $200 loss. And that's with the team at 5-11. When they're 11-5 I'll make a profit.

Everyone wins.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC331 View Post
    ...and how much were those seats for SF, Buf this year and about 6 of the games last year?

Additionally, Jets tickets were higher in the secondary market last year then the Giants...it's a fluctuating market based upon team performance, opponent , night/day, etc..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought tix on stub hub last nite. Paid $105/tix with a green parking pass included.

Sat in section 244. I gotta say, I was impressed with the section. A whole bunch of different groups knew each other - Overall, a good vibe. And, not surprisingly, pretty family friendly.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you got the bonus of a great game.