Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: STUBHUB

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    nobody is jumping ship on good non-club lowerlevel seats. Jets have sucked for long periods of time before.

Plus if people jump and you stick it out the Jets may work something out. However, one NFL team I forgot who had PSLs they were a flop and they just stopped selling them. Season tickets were sold in those seats when they became available with no PSL and anyone with PSL payments left could just stop paying them. The issue was all the folks who already paid off their PSLs were screwed and got no money back.

Other issue is what if Jets went to variable pricing like Nets or Yankees. Sars front row corner Mezz A seats would be lets say $180 a ticket while last row Mezz A dead in Endzone would be lets say $100 a ticket. That is a risk that could happen but I don't think would happen.

I heard orginally the Jets considered charging a higher PSL price for rows 1-4 in Lower Level, TC, LGL and LSL and kinda make a new version of the Front Row Club Jets had in old stadium. Demand was weak so they killed it. Big issue with PSLs is trust. I trust Jets. But in reality according to PSL agreement they could say row one Mezz A should pay an extra $25 bucks a ticket and you have to pay it or default.
    I'm expecting to pay more as the years go by. I worry about the Mezz Club holders who bought the $400 seats for $200 and what may happen there down the road.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    many pissed off longtime fans did just that and walked away. others like myself wasted alot of money on an impulse spur of the moment buy. alot of money wasted but life goes on. i think it all worked out for me in the end.

i know alot of fans who considerd owning a psl a luxury and had other commitments that were more important. the jets never considered the fans when they prices psls or tix. they used the no psl upper deck as the feel good gesture to the fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm expecting to pay more as the years go by. I worry about the Mezz Club holders who bought the $400 seats for $200 and what may happen there down the road.

SAR I
    those 200 club tickets are not going to be 400 bucks for a LONG time.

10 years if the Jets are lucky.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets were smart, they would "add" to the value of existing psl's to reduce defaults. Incentivize people to buy them.
    1) guarantee that ticket prices won't go up for five years,
    2) allow people who don't default to move into better seats in there section as they become available

You have to keep good customers happy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    If the Jets were smart, they would "add" to the value of existing psl's to reduce defaults. Incentivize people to buy them.
    2) allow people who don't default to move into better seats in there section as they become available

Why would moving folks from unsellable PSLs to sellable PSLs help anyone. Maybe let folks with paid off or current on their PSL loan have first shot at buying defaulted PSLs for the remaining balance.

I have five in my family and only two PSls if someone put down 10-20% and made three PSL payments before defaulting they should offer it first to the people who sit nearby. Maybe no money down I pick up payments and maybe make deal if I stop payments they wont come after me. Most likely I will keep paying anyhow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would moving folks from unsellable PSLs to sellable PSLs help anyone. Maybe let folks with paid off or current on their PSL loan have first shot at buying defaulted PSLs for the remaining balance.

I have five in my family and only two PSls if someone put down 10-20% and made three PSL payments before defaulting they should offer it first to the people who sit nearby. Maybe no money down I pick up payments and maybe make deal if I stop payments they wont come after me. Most likely I will keep paying anyhow.
    Arrogance + Greed will never permit this to happen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no "defaults". We knew what we signed up for, its not like its the season ticket holders first time at the rodeo.

There was no 'out' at Giants Stadium. If you gave up your rights you lost your location. Same here. The Jets won't do anything but tell you to sell your license on the open market and earn back what you can. The PSL's that sold aren't the Jets problem. It's the Club seats and upper deck that are their issue.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

no worries im sure they will send 50% off food coupons like the upper deck ticket holders got by seasons end. and dont forget the license plate frame.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no worries im sure they will send 50% off food coupons like the upper deck ticket holders got by seasons end. and dont forget the license plate frame.
    Everyone had the opportunity right from June up to the Day of the Pittsburgh loss to sell your seats for a profit to games you did not plan on attending. All games I have left are games I am attending. All games I am not going to I already sold.

Haven't we been Jets fans long enough to know that come October Jet ticket prices go down quicker than a two dollar ho.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's say you have two psl seats in section 1xx, but you are in the middle behind a tall guy with a habit of farting. If a spot opens 3 rows forward, allowing you the opportunity to move up keeps you a happy customer and costs them nothing.

Essentially, the PSL would gain seniority rights inside their section.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone had the opportunity right from June up to the Day of the Pittsburgh loss to sell your seats for a profit to games you did not plan on attending. All games I have left are games I am attending. All games I am not going to I already sold.

Haven't we been Jets fans long enough to know that come October Jet ticket prices go down quicker than a two dollar ho.
    i know this. did you also sell your license plate frame?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you sold your PSLs?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gave them away, did not want a Giant fan keying my BMW cause I have Jets plates.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    So you sold your PSLs?
    traded them for 4 lower level psls paid in full starting next season with the option to sell those for $12.5k prior to the season also got some cash back $17.5k.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lower level end zones going for $58 on stubhub a parking pass is $65.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sold all 4 of my Mezz A seats for $49 each.

I consider myself lucky.

SAR I
    I sold my three in section 233 ($205 face) for $200 each. My buddy down in section 237 ($295 face) sold his on Stubhub for $230 each. Mine were sold months ago to a friend that takes his kids to one game a year. My buddy sold his last Friday night.

It is all about when you sell them as much as it is where they are.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    they were originally called coaches club then chase/lexus club i guess after sponsorship bought in.

if your going to be critical of me at least take the time to follow along and post truth. thanks
    Actually, the original name was East (or West) Mezzanine Club that first season......

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    oh. i thought i was in the lexus club. hard to remember these things.

the coaches club seats are 700 dollars. the lexus clubs are like 250 or 300.
    The Lexus club starts at $205 for the low rent district (Club Corners). That is where my seats are

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Me too......that's me, paying $205 for seats that were originally priced at $395, I think.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    those 200 club tickets are not going to be 400 bucks for a LONG time.

10 years if the Jets are lucky.
    From your mouth to God's ears....