Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: STUBHUB

Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    Actually, the original name was East (or West) Mezzanine Club that first season......
    depending on who you talked to.

Stubhub has 1,600 seats remaining.

Typical Jets game last 2 years has 500 left by kickoff.

Much ado about nothing.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Much ado about nothing.

SAR I
    not so typical in pricing. this could be close to an all time low based on face value.

Much ado about nothing.

SAR I
    The jets must have bought all the unsold ones at .34 cents on the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets must have bought all the unsold ones at .34 cents on the dollar.
    Every ticket on Stubhub is already sold. Fans posting them up.

The tickets the Jets are selling are through the NFL Ticket Exchange.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Fickle fans. We'll win a few games and prices will be back up. Too many fans listen to talk radio, read the papers, and overreact.
    Who are we going to beat?

From your mouth to God's ears....
    If they are 400 bucks we are all swimming in cash with the economy on fire. Or bernanke has debased our dollar so much.

SAR I
    I think stub hub listings expire.

Rookie

SAR I
    Then the Jets must have sold the entire row 13 in section 237 to a broker, since every seat has been listed on Stubhub all season. My friend's seats are in row 14 of that same section.....Those underpriced tickets hurt my buddy when he tries to sell his tickets. They have been listed under face for almost every game, only the Pats game are listed at face value.

Then the Jets must have sold the entire row 13 in section 237 to a broker, since every seat has been listed on Stubhub all season. My friend's seats are in row 14 of that same section.....Those underpriced tickets hurt my buddy when he tries to sell his tickets. They have been listed under face for almost every game, only the Pats game are listed at face value.
    I was shocked game was packed last night. those low priced seats all sold and butts were in seats. I did not see a single empty seat in the sections by me.

Club seats are a losing proposition. Mezz seats in old stadium at $115 was a tough sell. Why should they be easier to sell at $295.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I was shocked game was packed last night. those low priced seats all sold and butts were in seats. I did not see a single empty seat in the sections by me.
    Like I said last week, the new stadium works for everyone.

PSL owners finally got to choose the seats they wanted.

Club Seats are a cheaper alternative for corporations or very wealthy fans.

Upper Deck seats are affordable and no-strings-attached.

StubHub gives flexibility to fans of all financial backgrounds and an easy way for a season ticket holder to recoup some money when he has a conflict.

It's all win-win.

SAR I

Club seats are a losing proposition. Mezz seats in old stadium at $115 was a tough sell. Why should they be easier to sell at $295.
    yes they are thats why i got out and salvaged what i could.

It's time to sell my tix @ stubhub

Let's see if buyers in stubhub are influenced to buy club corner seats with a free green parking pass to help me break even for all the games remaining this season.

SAR I
    Not quite. NFL Ticket exchange sets the minimum at face value. The Jets put the extras at below face on Stub Hub through brokers. Entire rows in the club seats were for sale.

I was shocked too. I thought we'd be able to sit anywhere. There were dozens of seats for sale right up to the end in section 137. When we came in just before the National Anthem, we plopped ourselves down in row 22 there instead of going to our regular seats in the adjacent 135 (we had a guest with us with an upper ticket she bought for $20 but wanted her to sit with us.) Enjoyed it there until about midway through the second quarter around 9:15 when the row finally filled up and we trotted on over to our seats in 135 where we found enough space for all 4 of us a couple of rows in front of our regular seats. Place was packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Not quite. NFL Ticket exchange sets the minimum at face value. The Jets put the extras at below face on Stub Hub through brokers. Entire rows in the club seats were for sale.
    There was an article today in the Post from a reliable source that said the Jets have approximately 10,000 seats unsold including Club seats.

In a stadium that seats 82,500 fans, that's 12% of the seats unsold.

There are 12,500 Club seats. I think we can agree that approximately 50% of them remain unsold. That is 6,250 seats right there.

There are 27,000 upper deck seats. If we take the remaining 4,750 and put them up there, that's 18% of those seats remaining unsold. If you eyeball the stadium in your head, you'll see that those 4,750 seats are in the end zones or up top by the light-poles, consistent with what we notice on gamedays.

So that's 88% of the stadium sold including Club seats, so on average, the Jets are able to sell 8% of the seats each week and are eating 10% of the remaining seats in the stadium, the majority being the expensive Club seats.

But all that really should matter to a Jets fan is attendance. It's what determines if we are loud enough, it's what shows up on TV as a full stadium, it's what shows the overall support the franchise has. NFL records tell us that attendance fill rates are sitting at 96%, same as the first 2 seasons in MetLife, same as the last season in Giants Stadium.

Importantly, if 10 to 15% of the seats each week are up for sale on third-party websites, the fans are buying them and filling the seats. If PSL owners or the Jets themselves lose a little money on these transactions, that's the way it goes. PSL owners expect that based on our history, and the Jets themselves knew this was a risk when they left the upper deck to go without PSL.

SAR I

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...m_content=Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    not so typical in pricing. this could be close to an all time low based on face value.
    It's like that often a few hours before the game and almost always for night games. Wait till you see Thanksgiving.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

There was an article today in the Post from a reliable source that said the Jets have approximately 10,000 seats unsold including Club seats.

In a stadium that seats 82,500 fans, that's 12% of the seats unsold.

There are 12,500 Club seats. I think we can agree that approximately 50% of them remain unsold. That is 6,250 seats right there.

There are 27,000 upper deck seats. If we take the remaining 4,750 and put them up there, that's 18% of those seats remaining unsold. If you eyeball the stadium in your head, you'll see that those 4,750 seats are in the end zones or up top by the light-poles, consistent with what we notice on gamedays.

So that's 88% of the stadium sold including Club seats, so on average, the Jets are able to sell 8% of the seats each week and are eating 10% of the remaining seats in the stadium, the majority being the expensive Club seats.

But all that really should matter to a Jets fan is attendance. It's what determines if we are loud enough, it's what shows up on TV as a full stadium, it's what shows the overall support the franchise has. NFL records tell us that attendance fill rates are sitting at 96%, same as the first 2 seasons in MetLife, same as the last season in Giants Stadium.

Importantly, if 10 to 15% of the seats each week are up for sale on third-party websites, the fans are buying them and filling the seats. If PSL owners or the Jets themselves lose a little money on these transactions, that's the way it goes. PSL owners expect that based on our history, and the Jets themselves knew this was a risk when they left the upper deck to go without PSL.

SAR I

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...m_content=Jets
    The article verifies what most of us have known (or at least suspected) for a long time.

What I don't understand is what people are arguing about exactly.

I was once a season ticket holder. I made the decision that PSLs were not for me. I prefer the freedom to pick and choose and enjoy (or deal with) what the secondary market will bear.

Other people enjoy having the stability of season tickets. They also enjoy attending several games a year and sell a few off to offset costs.

Everyone wins.

In the words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The article verifies what most of us have known (or at least suspected) for a long time.

What I don't understand is what people are arguing about exactly.

I was once a season ticket holder. I made the decision that PSLs were not for me. I prefer the freedom to pick and choose and enjoy (or deal with) what the secondary market will bear.

Other people enjoy having the stability of season tickets. They also enjoy attending several games a year and sell a few off to offset costs.

Everyone wins.

In the words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"
    Hear, hear.

You have some malcontents trying to stir the pot. To my knowledge, beyond those 5 people everyone else is good.

SAR I