Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: STUBHUB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

STUBHUB

Tickets going for as little as $23.00 on StubHub for Jets home games through the end of the season...

This is getting rough.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fickle fans. We'll win a few games and prices will be back up. Too many fans listen to talk radio, read the papers, and overreact.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Tickets going for as little as $23.00 on StubHub for Jets home games through the end of the season...

This is getting rough.
    In the late 80's, early 90's I worked for a firm in NYC that had JETS tickets.

They woiuld put the tickets in the community box for staff if partners didnt want them. More often than not, the tickets were still there Monday.

No one wanted FREE Jets tickets!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! I'm buyin them up, and after next week when the schedule lightens up, I'll make a little DI.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good, someone should buy them up because that's pretty bad. No wonder there were 40% 49ers fans there on Sunday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This is getting rough.
    almost 11K seats for sale for Texans game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not pay $2.50 to see this team play.

They have nothing.
    They are nothing.
    They quit on their coach in week 4
    The QB is a complete pu$$y and wilts under the slightest pressure, it is his
    4th year in the league and he still can't throw a screen pass over a
    d lineman to a wide open RB, still fumbles the ball running around away from pressure instead of throwing it out of bounds or just dropping down and taking a sack, and, most importantly-HAS NEVER MADE/NEVER MAKES ANYONE BETTER AROUND HIM.

The owner of this team is a complete and utter moron and does not care about the state of the team.

This team will not be good again for another 3-5 years AFTER a regime change and some REAL football people are brought in.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Too many fans watch the games.
    FYP

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

This is getting rough.
    And people thought they should have forced PSLs in the Upper Deck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    And people thought they should have forced PSLs in the Upper Deck.
    they absolutely should have. Nothing masks the genuine supply & demand relationship than having to purchase tickets because you spent big money on a PSL.

If they imposed a 1K PSL on upper endzone and 2K PSL on upper sidelines and 4k PSL on upper primes, I'd imagine there would be way less abandonments up there than we see currently. There would still be plenty of people walking away from the 1k PSLs, but far less than we see with no PSLs. Giants were a lot smarter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    they absolutely should have. Nothing masks the genuine supply & demand relationship than having to purchase tickets because you spent big money on a PSL.

If they imposed a 1K PSL on upper endzone and 2K PSL on upper sidelines and 4k PSL on upper primes, I'd imagine there would be way less abandonments up there than we see currently. There would still be plenty of people walking away from the 1k PSLs, but far less than we see with no PSLs. Giants were a lot smarter.
    +1

Now, the Jets will have to figure out how to charge STH in the UD Less per game than the SH price.

Example: If people know that they can get tickets in Section 3XX, Row XX for an average of $70 (including fees) per game on SH, the Jets cannot price ST's at $80 per game. Plus, the Jets cannot charge for PS games up there for the same reason.

Simply put, the Jets are in deep trouble for UD tickets next year. Supply and demand will dictate a price decrease or there will be a lot of empty seats.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate your perspective but fail to see your logic.

The Jets did not assign PSLs to the UD, and still were unable to sell all the seats. It took them almost 2 years before the first game was played at MEtLife and they still were short.

I agree that PSLs make it harder to walk away, but you have to make the sale first. The assumption that the vast majority of UD STHs would have agreed to *any* PSL fee is not based in reality, IMO.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets did not assign PSLs to the UD, and still were unable to sell all the seats. It took them almost 2 years before the first game was played at MEtLife and they still were short.

I agree that PSLs make it harder to walk away, but you have to make the sale first. The assumption that the vast majority of UD STHs would have agreed to *any* PSL fee is not based in reality, IMO.
    Jets had trouble selling PSLs cuase they gave away the UD for free and mispriced PSLs.

If Jets charged $750 UD EZ, $1,500 UD Sideline, $2,000 Mezz B, $2,500 Mez A, $2,750 UD Prime, 3k LLEZ, 4k LLEZ Corners, 5k LL Touchdown Corners, 7.5K LGL and 10K LSL and 15K LSLPrime from the get go they would have had a lot more PSL buyers and a lot more stickiness. Also would have been able to charge like $10 bucks a ticket less in UD from beginning with a PSL Plus with lower PSL prices they could have asked for a mandatory 20% down and did only 5 year plans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Jets had trouble selling PSLs cuase they gave away the UD for free and mispriced PSLs.

If Jets charged $750 UD EZ, $1,500 UD Sideline, $2,000 Mezz B, $2,500 Mez A, $2,750 UD Prime, 3k LLEZ, 4k LLEZ Corners, 5k LL Touchdown Corners, 7.5K LGL and 10K LSL and 15K LSLPrime from the get go they would have had a lot more PSL buyers and a lot more stickiness. Also would have been able to charge like $10 bucks a ticket less in UD from beginning with a PSL Plus with lower PSL prices they could have asked for a mandatory 20% down and did only 5 year plans.
    exactly. It may seem counterintuitive to Traitor Jay, but by imposing a modest PSL on the upper deck, one with transfer privieges like all other PSL locations, the Jets would have done a better job selling out the UD initially and retaining them. Their decision to not impose a PSL on the UD was just another publicity stunt designed to make them look more fan-friendly than the Giants. Very short sighted and, frankly, it backfired in their faces. As we can plainly see now.

This is one hell of a stupid organization. Of 32 NFL franchises, the Jets are the Special Ed child of the bunch. Definitely riding on the NFL short bus. In fact, they should use those short buses for the parking lot shuttles. It would represent the organization and Jets fan base perfectly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

In may seem crazy, but PSL's in the UD would have done a few things:

1) The people who "bought" a PSL in the UD would be less likely to walk away from their "investment" than people who didn't pay anything;

2) Any funds raised through PSL sales in the UD could have been used to lower the price of PSL's in the lower bowl. Thus, the Jets could have given people an incentive to buy up lower bowl PSL's early.

3) If you will remember, the UD originally sold out quickly as long time STH's wanted to keep getting "free" tickets. As originally priced, the LEZZ (and I believe Mezz B) were $5K and 4K each. I don't think there were any $2500K PSL's available during the original offer. The net result was a full UD and an empty lower bowl. (I remember begging the Jets to let us buy UD seats, but couldn't get any.)

4) With an empty LLEZ and Mezz B to deal with, the Jets lowered the prices and sold out LLEZ and most of Mezz B. But, by the time they did that, longtime STH had effectively "lost" all their seniority. When people realized how "bad" the high row UD seats really were, that bitterness was reinforced.

5) The originally priced the large number of LLEZ seats at $1000 more than the Mezz A seats. Mezz A sold out - LLEZ was a ghosttown until they were forced to cut the fee by half.

6) Because they botched their initial pricing scheme, the Jets have been dealing with moving fanbases since day 1.

If I had priced the stadium:

1) LLEZ - $4000
    2) Mezz A - $4000
    3) Mezz B - $2500
    4) UDEZ - $1000/500 based upon rows
    5) UD Corners - $1000/500 based upon rows
    6) Club Seats - Because you want people to pay $700 per seat, charging an enormous PSL was simply idiotic. Either PSL needed to be lower or the ticket needed to be cheaper.
    7) Ticket Price Guarantee - they needed to promise to the fanbase that the ticket prices would not be increased for five years.
    8) Longtime STH who bought at least 4 PSLs would have gotten some sort of bonus/discount.
    9) The financing was a good idea. I would have given a bonus (parking, food, etc) to people who paid in full.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    In may seem crazy, but PSL's in the UD would have done a few things:

1) The people who "bought" a PSL in the UD would be less likely to walk away from their "investment" than people who didn't pay anything;

2) Any funds raised through PSL sales in the UD could have been used to lower the price of PSL's in the lower bowl. Thus, the Jets could have given people an incentive to buy up lower bowl PSL's early.

3) If you will remember, the UD originally sold out quickly as long time STH's wanted to keep getting "free" tickets. As originally priced, the LEZZ (and I believe Mezz B) were $5K and 4K each. I don't think there were any $2500K PSL's available during the original offer. The net result was a full UD and an empty lower bowl. (I remember begging the Jets to let us buy UD seats, but couldn't get any.)

4) With an empty LLEZ and Mezz B to deal with, the Jets lowered the prices and sold out LLEZ and most of Mezz B. But, by the time they did that, longtime STH had effectively "lost" all their seniority. When people realized how "bad" the high row UD seats really were, that bitterness was reinforced.

5) The originally priced the large number of LLEZ seats at $1000 more than the Mezz A seats. Mezz A sold out - LLEZ was a ghosttown until they were forced to cut the fee by half.

6) Because they botched their initial pricing scheme, the Jets have been dealing with moving fanbases since day 1.

If I had priced the stadium:

1) LLEZ - $4000
    2) Mezz A - $4000
    3) Mezz B - $2500
    4) UDEZ - $1000/500 based upon rows
    5) UD Corners - $1000/500 based upon rows
    6) Club Seats - Because you want people to pay $700 per seat, charging an enormous PSL was simply idiotic. Either PSL needed to be lower or the ticket needed to be cheaper.
    7) Ticket Price Guarantee - they needed to promise to the fanbase that the ticket prices would not be increased for five years.
    8) Longtime STH who bought at least 4 PSLs would have gotten some sort of bonus/discount.
    9) The financing was a good idea. I would have given a bonus (parking, food, etc) to people who paid in full.
    The Giants did it right, priced it right, no free seats from the get go. Only thing Giants botched was way overpricing club seats. But to be honest that only forced more people into non-club PSLs

Giants UD PSLs sell for triple PSL cost in secondary. Fans are paying for right to buy a seat at $95 that jets sell for $50

This years PSL payment is a big time make it or break it payment. Those who pay are getting far enough along they wont default,

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets screwed up royally with this thing. I have upper deck seats and was prepared to pay $1k - $1.5k for a PSL up there.

Before I became a teacher I had gotten my degree in marketing and if I were a marketing professor I would do a case study of the Jets with this new stadium and use it as a story about how the Jets screwed up royally.

Instead the Jets didn't put a PSL up there and called up people once to see what they wanted and told a lot of them you probably won't get upper deck seats save up for a PSL and a lot of people dropped before the 2009 season. BIG MISTAKE. Why even do this in the first place? It didn't help and pissed off a lot of people.

Then the Jets decided to tell everyone how bad the upper deck was and how you shouldn't get tickets up there. BIG MISTAKE. People could have judged the upper deck views weren't as good on their own but they didn't need every little thing wrong to be pointed out to them ahead of time. It's like going to lease a low-end BMW and the dealer tells you that you bought the crappy car and points out everything wrong. Once the lease is up if you feel bad about the purchase you can turn it in and walk away.

The Jets overpriced a lot of PSL sections. Goal line PSLs were originally $10k and sidelines $15k. The Giants goal line was $5k like the end zone and $10k on the sidelines. First the goal lines were dropped in price and then the end zone/mez b/sideline. The Giants also don't have that stupid Great Hall Club with a ridiculous ticket price of $400. It's $155 for a Giants game. Yes I know this isn't the Giants but we have less of fan base. At this point a lot of people were turned off already and said screw it. It was like having your wife tell you she's leaving you for another guy who has more money and that's what she wants only to find out he isn't interested in her and have her come running back to you.

People started to go into the stadium and said why bother with upper deck tickets and started to drop out. You can go on ticketmaster.com and find better seats a lot of the time with no preseason attached.

I was upgraded into upper deck seats that I know love but I was ready to walk away after last season.

I don't criticize anyone who bought PSLs or anything like that at all. I'm just showing how badly the Jets screwed up with the ticket situation.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    The Jets screwed up royally with this thing. I have upper deck seats and was prepared to pay $1k - $1.5k for a PSL up there.

Before I became a teacher I had gotten my degree in marketing and if I were a marketing professor I would do a case study of the Jets with this new stadium and use it as a story about how the Jets screwed up royally.

Instead the Jets didn't put a PSL up there and called up people once to see what they wanted and told a lot of them you probably won't get upper deck seats save up for a PSL and a lot of people dropped before the 2009 season. BIG MISTAKE. Why even do this in the first place? It didn't help and pissed off a lot of people.

Then the Jets decided to tell everyone how bad the upper deck was and how you shouldn't get tickets up there. BIG MISTAKE. People could have judged the upper deck views weren't as good on their own but they didn't need every little thing wrong to be pointed out to them ahead of time. It's like going to lease a low-end BMW and the dealer tells you that you bought the crappy car and points out everything wrong. Once the lease is up if you feel bad about the purchase you can turn it in and walk away.

The Jets overpriced a lot of PSL sections. Goal line PSLs were originally $10k and sidelines $15k. The Giants goal line was $5k like the end zone and $10k on the sidelines. First the goal lines were dropped in price and then the end zone/mez b/sideline. The Giants also don't have that stupid Great Hall Club with a ridiculous ticket price of $400. It's $155 for a Giants game. Yes I know this isn't the Giants but we have less of fan base. At this point a lot of people were turned off already and said screw it. It was like having your wife tell you she's leaving you for another guy who has more money and that's what she wants only to find out he isn't interested in her and have her come running back to you.

People started to go into the stadium and said why bother with upper deck tickets and started to drop out. You can go on ticketmaster.com and find better seats a lot of the time with no preseason attached.

I was upgraded into upper deck seats that I know love but I was ready to walk away after last season.

I don't criticize anyone who bought PSLs or anything like that at all. I'm just showing how badly the Jets screwed up with the ticket situation.
    Next step Jets should offer up defaulted PSLs at remaining balance to people with PSLs in that section.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Next step Jets should offer up defaulted PSLs at remaining balance to people with PSLs in that section.
    If they offered us 2 PSL's in the LLEZ at the remaining balance on an original $2.5K, we would do it in a second.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup.

The people pointing out that we're not sold out anymore are the same people that took UD seats in 2010 and 2011 because we were winning playoff games, making AFCCG appearances.

We go 8-8, they quit, then tell us how "loyal" they are, watching games on TV with a bag of pretzels.

SAR I