Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 177

Thread: STUBHUB

  1. #61
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    Interesting... i spoke to my rep this morning and he said 135 is sold out. no longer can i pick up a few seats even if i wanted to.
    Impossible!

    There are 200,000 seats for sale in that section, the Jets call me 10x a day.

    SAR I

  2. #62
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    You're a smart guy. Three datapoints for you. 2009 Giants Stadium, 2011 MetLife Stadium, 2012 YTD MetLife Stadium.

    What do you see?

    I see attendance at an all-time high.

    I see a fill rate of 96%, same as in the old stadium despite pricey Club seats and 80,000 fans relocated.

    I see attendance only 500 fans per game less than the Super Bowl champion New York Giants.

    I see higher attendance than the New England Patriots and 29 other teams.

    For years, we were told that as much as half the stadium was filled with Giants fans and ticket scalpers. No longer true in the PSL era. Therefore, there are more Jets fans than ever before enjoying their own stadium and filling it to the same percentage that they always have.

    While it would be nice to have that last 4% attended, we're at the same historic level amazingly with Cub seats that are unsold and an upper deck that has been hurt by disloyal, quitting fans.

    I don't see a problem here. Please remind me what it is again.

    SAR I
    I see the perceptual benefits of selling tickets directly to liquidators.

    Anyone who has been to more than a few games in the new stadium know what the real deal is.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    Interesting... i spoke to my rep this morning and he said 135 is sold out. no longer can i pick up a few seats even if i wanted to.
    As of 4 weeks ago, there were about a dozen or more unsold PSLs in the upper rows toward the 10 yard line. I am in an upper row. Seats 3,4,5,6 & 7 to my right had PSLs available during the summer. I doubt highly they have been sold. If the reps are telling you no, they are either not checking or looking to push something else. In fact, when I dumped my Mezz Corners to get more seats in 135 last May, I had my choice of many rows, from row 26 - 31, seats 3-12 for some of those rows and 3 - 9 for others. My next door neighbor also moved down from 245a and he bought 2 in row 27, seats 8 & 9. Seats 3 - 7 were still unsold at that time. Somebody different there every week. The Jets definitely have unsold PSLs in 142 and 135. ou're just asking the wrong person. Have no idea why they wouldn't tell you.

  4. #64
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    As of 4 weeks ago, there were about a dozen or more unsold PSLs in the upper rows toward the 10 yard line. I am in an upper row. Seats 3,4,5,6 & 7 to my right had PSLs available during the summer. I doubt highly they have been sold. If the reps are telling you no, they are either not checking or looking to push something else. In fact, when I dumped my Mezz Corners to get more seats in 135 last May, I had my choice of many rows, from row 26 - 31, seats 3-12 for some of those rows and 3 - 9 for others. My next door neighbor also moved down from 245a and he bought 2 in row 27, seats 8 & 9. Seats 3 - 7 were still unsold at that time. Somebody different there every week. The Jets definitely have unsold PSLs in 142 and 135. ou're just asking the wrong person. Have no idea why they wouldn't tell you.
    +1. I would bet a large amount of money that if I called the Jets and asked for Section 135, if the guy didn't offer them up, I'd get a call within the hour telling me that they all of a sudden have some availability.

  5. #65

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    exactly. It may seem counterintuitive to Traitor Jay, but by imposing a modest PSL on the upper deck, one with transfer privieges like all other PSL locations, the Jets would have done a better job selling out the UD initially and retaining them. Their decision to not impose a PSL on the UD was just another publicity stunt designed to make them look more fan-friendly than the Giants. Very short sighted and, frankly, it backfired in their faces. As we can plainly see now.

    This is one hell of a stupid organization. Of 32 NFL franchises, the Jets are the Special Ed child of the bunch. Definitely riding on the NFL short bus. In fact, they should use those short buses for the parking lot shuttles. It would represent the organization and Jets fan base perfectly.
    Ummmm this!!!!!

  7. #67
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Truth in advertising!
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 10-04-2012 at 06:20 PM.

  8. #68
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I see the perceptual benefits of selling tickets directly to liquidators.

    Anyone who has been to more than a few games in the new stadium know what the real deal is.
    Again, it doesn't affect me or anyone else who is used to paying face value, used to sitting in the same location next to the same fans. To us, we're happy. What happens in the rest of the stadium at fair market value is fine. Helps us in resale when we're good, hurts us when we're bad. No different than back in the old days.

    To us, this isn't a money-making proposition. Our PSL money is gone. Our season ticket money is gone. We just like going to the games. StubHub helps us recoup some when we can't go. It's all good

    SAR I

  9. #69
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Again, it doesn't affect me or anyone else who is used to paying face value, used to sitting in the same location next to the same fans. To us, we're happy. What happens in the rest of the stadium at fair market value is fine. Helps us in resale when we're good, hurts us when we're bad. No different than back in the old days.

    To us, this isn't a money-making proposition. Our PSL money is gone. Our season ticket money is gone. We just like going to the games. StubHub helps us recoup some when we can't go. It's all good

    SAR I
    StubHub is great - altho they can use better competition that would lower the buyer and seller fees.

    I prefer this board and the ticket exchange threads on it. Good people on here. And Jets fans buying from Jets fans makes for a better home field advantage.

    That said, I don't blame one STH or PSL owner for getting as much as they can get on those Stub Hub exchanges. The Jets have welcomed this dynamic and since you and folks like you have taken on these extensive expenses, you have every right to recoup what you can.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

    That said, I don't blame one STH or PSL owner for getting as much as they can get on those Stub Hub exchanges. The Jets have welcomed this dynamic and since you and folks like you have taken on these extensive expenses, you have every right to recoup what you can.
    I am just wondering if the Jets are using StubHub themselves with these entire rows in the UD available for ~$30 a ticket...

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Superstar View Post
    I am just wondering if the Jets are using StubHub themselves with these entire rows in the UD available for ~$30 a ticket...
    if they are - and i would not be surprised - it's a bad idea.

    the revenue you can generate from selling let's say 1k tickets at 30-50 bucks each is tiny.

    but it show the other 30k upper deck folks that it's really not worth it to keep your season tickets. there is no value to what you have.

    bad business, and very short term focused.

    at least in my opinion.

  12. #72
    the jets are pulling out all the stops to sell tix id be willing to bet they are in fact using stubhub.com. it wouldnt surprise me if they are also hiring scalpers to scour the lots and sell as well.

  13. #73
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Superstar View Post
    I am just wondering if the Jets are using StubHub themselves with these entire rows in the UD available for ~$30 a ticket...
    See my point about the liquidators. The sell outs are an accounting trick and have been for the past 3 seasons.

  14. #74
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

    That said, I don't blame one STH or PSL owner for getting as much as they can get on those Stub Hub exchanges. The Jets have welcomed this dynamic and since you and folks like you have taken on these extensive expenses, you have every right to recoup what you can.
    Agreed. If you think about it, everybody wins here:

    Club Seat Owner - small corporation, cheaper than a luxury suite, entertainment budget, writing it off anyway.

    PSL Owner - diehard Jets fan, accepted a $3K-$10K fee to get a great view, finally.

    Upper Decker - no strings attached, renew annually or walk away.

    Pay-Per-Viewer - no strings attached, use StubHub and go to the games you want, a-la-carte, no preseason, no hassles.

    New York Jets - stadium is full (as long as team is competitive), exposing product to more fans than ever due to size of facility and the Pay-Per-Viewer who used to find it hard to get seats when he wanted them.

    I don't see any losers here. So long as you didn't buy the wrong PSL's (Nike) in a fit of foolish spending beyond your means, no one gets burned here.

    SAR I

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    See my point about the liquidators. The sell outs are an accounting trick and have been for the past 3 seasons.
    agree. woody should buy the seats and just eat the short term loss.

  16. #76
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Sold all 4 of my Mezz A seats for $49 each.

    I consider myself lucky.

    SAR I

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sold all 4 of my Mezz A seats for $49 each.

    I consider myself lucky.

    SAR I
    better to just give them away if possible. let someone enjoy the seats.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sold all 4 of my Mezz A seats for $49 each.

    I consider myself lucky.

    SAR I
    sold my 2 extras in 135 for 130 each. Still plan on going with my 2 boys unless someone buys the remaining 3. 1st time ever I have not netted face on 135 seats. And that includes Thanksgiving games and january games against the likes of Buffalo. Goes to show you how most of the pricing is governed by the team's performance. This season is quickly turning into the voyage of the damned.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    sold my 2 extras in 135 for 130 each. Still plan on going with my 2 boys unless someone buys the remaining 3. 1st time ever I have not netted face on 135 seats. And that includes Thanksgiving games and january games against the likes of Buffalo. Goes to show you how most of the pricing is governed by the team's performance. This season is quickly turning into the voyage of the damned.
    People could not even get half face on $50 dollar seats.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't see any losers here. So long as you didn't buy the wrong PSL's (Nike) in a fit of foolish spending beyond your means, no one gets burned here.

    SAR I
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sold all 4 of my Mezz A seats for $49 each.

    I consider myself lucky.

    SAR I
    you LOST bottom line you LOST money. the money i lost was extra chump change to free for all spend. my mistake was those psls and those seats. i made a mistake at least im man enough to admit it. you keep making excuses for yours.

    what happened to the guy with the best seats in the house who never misses a game?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us