Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: STUBHUB

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post

as for SAR1, the UD "die-hards" as you call them, did the right thing. They were the smart ones in all of this. Walked away from the impending disaster scott free. This IS Jets Football and any die hard will tell you they ain`t worth what Woody thinks.

Of teams with 2 home games, the Jets are #3 out of 23 in the NFL, half a percentage point behind the almighty Super Bowl Giants, 96% of the seats sold and occupied.

Only a fool would commit to the Jets for 30 years and not expect at least 10 of them to be sub-.500 campaigns. That's life in the NFL.

As for the "diehard" "blue-collar" "salt-of-the-Earth" "tatoo-dedicated" "been going since Shea" "bleeding green" fans who stole seats in the upper deck for two short seasons only to dump them when the going got rough, yeah, what great fans they are. Good riddance.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The 2012 Jets are beating the number of fans in Giants Stadium '09 and MetLife '11 in both number of average attendees and percentage of capacity.

MetLife Stadium is a bigger facility than Giants Stadium. Has Club seats, has a very high upper deck, saw 75,000 fans moved out of their seats, yet has the same 96% occupancy rate as it always has.

If there's a problem, I don't see it.

SAR I

All League
    http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/a...the-80-20-rule

Interesting article about the true value of customers to companies. Still think the Jets have 5-10K more seats in the UD than they should.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/a...the-80-20-rule

Interesting article about the true value of customers to companies. Still think the Jets have 5-10K more seats in the UD than they should.
    Good article.

Typical game I'm spending $200 in food/drink/souvenirs from MetLife concession stands whereas an upper decker is spending $0 as he's caught his buzz and filled his gut in the parking lot from A&P groceries.

My family of 4 spends $725 per game all-in, same family in the upper deck is spending $240.

Between this and the license fees, we PSL owners are footing the bill for the cheapskate fans in the upper deck and the fair-weather fans on StubHub. You'd think they'd say thank you. Instead, they tell us we don't cheer loud enough.

SAR I

sar i dont forget the guys in the upper deck who bring in stale outdated slim jims and bologna and cheese sandwiches that they sat on the entire first quater to melt the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I appreciate your perspective but fail to see your logic.

The Jets did not assign PSLs to the UD, and still were unable to sell all the seats. It took them almost 2 years before the first game was played at MEtLife and they still were short.

I agree that PSLs make it harder to walk away, but you have to make the sale first. The assumption that the vast majority of UD STHs would have agreed to *any* PSL fee is not based in reality, IMO.
    As much as I hate PSL's , if they would have asked for a $1000.00 PSL on upper deck seats , I probably would have paid it. I've been going to games since Shea Stadium . Giving up season tickets would be a tough decision . I understand that I can purchase single game seats easily on STUBHUB , but I like the idea of the same seat location every game . You can't teach an old dog new tricks .

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Good article.

Typical game I'm spending $200 in food/drink/souvenirs from MetLife concession stands whereas an upper decker is spending $0 as he's caught his buzz and filled his gut in the parking lot from A&P groceries.

My family of 4 spends $725 per game all-in, same family in the upper deck is spending $240.

Between this and the license fees, we PSL owners are footing the bill for the cheapskate fans in the upper deck and the fair-weather fans on StubHub. You'd think they'd say thank you. Instead, they tell us we don't cheer loud enough.

SAR I
    thanks.

SAR I
    I have Coaches Club Swimming Pool passes available for Monday Night for you and your family. $200 per, as it's very exclusive. Expect to see a many celebrities and enjoy the cuisine prepared by Michelin chefs. Meet me at the bottom of Gate D at halftime for the exchange.

On another note, I am seeing entire ROWS of seats in the Upper Deck available for Monday night. Select quantity 1-32 for like $30 a ticket. Are the Jets selling these themselves on the secondary market and trying to get whatever they can or is Cro keeping his kids home because it's a school night?

The Jets announced, prior to the 2009 Jets/Ravens home opener, that they were sold out of non-Club seats for the season. By whatever definition the Jets, the NFL, and the TV networks put behind "sold out", that's what the Jets were. Here's a link, there are several others:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ener-vs-ravens

What happened after 2009 has much to do with Club seat discounts, additional seat allocations, and the exodus of the upper deck. Where I'm "wrong" is in my belief that there were enough diehard fans to fill the upper deck with regularity.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that all those supposed "diehard" "salt-of-the-Earth" "tatoo-dedicated" "been going since Shea" "bleeding green" would drop the Jets like a hot potato once we stopped making the playoffs. I was definitely "wrong" about that.

Where I was most definitely "right" was stating that there were as few as 11,000 seats that Jets fans would want- sideline or near it, lower than the UD, with affordable gameday prices and decent PSL prices. If you like the endzone view, add another 6,000 to that number. Those that listened have seats they enjoy to this day.

I was at the home opener. The place was full except for the Club seats, scattered bad value PSL's near the 30's, and the UD endzones. Attendance that day was 79,088. The stadium has a capacity of 82,500. 96% of the seats were sold and occupied. Are we really going to kill each other with this argument over 4%?

SAR I
    The "die hard" fans arent dropping the team solely based on the product on the field. They are dropping their seats because the higher prices do not justify the decrease in gameday experience at the new stadium, plain and simple.

Even PSL/Club/UD aside, the increase in parking since 2009 and individual ticket prices, along with the fact that a samsung flatscreen is now $500 instead of the $2500 it used to be is what is driving people from owning season tix.

Having a bad product on the field certainly wont help, but there is a lot more going on here.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Superstar View Post
    On another note, I am seeing entire ROWS of seats in the Upper Deck available for Monday night. Select quantity 1-32 for like $30 a ticket. Are the Jets selling these themselves on the secondary market and trying to get whatever they can or is Cro keeping his kids home because it's a school night?
    When I was a kid, Monday Nighters were the highlight of the season.

Now they're just inconvenient. Especially if, like me, you go with your kids.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The "die hard" fans arent dropping the team solely based on the product on the field. They are dropping their seats because the higher prices do not justify the decrease in gameday experience at the new stadium, plain and simple.

Even PSL/Club/UD aside, the increase in parking since 2009 and individual ticket prices, along with the fact that a samsung flatscreen is now $500 instead of the $2500 it used to be is what is driving people from owning season tix.

Having a bad product on the field certainly wont help, but there is a lot more going on here.
    Agreed to an extent, but the Jets have $50 tickets now, cheaper than any ticket in the stadium since 1995.

Parking is $25, if you can't get a pass from the Jets they're on StubHub all the time.

Money isn't really an excuse anymore. Be it all 10 games or just 3, it's more available and more affordable than ever.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Agreed to an extent, but the Jets have $50 tickets now, cheaper than any ticket in the stadium since 1995.

Parking is $25, if you can't get a pass from the Jets they're on StubHub all the time.

Money isn't really an excuse anymore. Be it all 10 games or just 3, it's more available and more affordable than ever.

SAR I
    I have made this point before but, even if you thought that the PSLs were the worst deal ever, and by principle would never buy them, you can still attend every Jet game and sit in pretty much any section you want right now. You want to sit in a suite one week and the upper deck the next? You can. There is so much flexibility for fans right now. For anyone to complain that they are "priced out" of the stadium, is simply not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

+1

Its the worst new stadium ever built.

Citifield improved the gameday experience for every fan, not just the club seats. The new MSG promises to do the same. Have not been to Barclay's yet but have heard good reviews.

That giant air conditioner sitting in the swamps of Jersey is much worse than GS ever was.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by vjdbbq View Post
    As much as I hate PSL's , if they would have asked for a $1000.00 PSL on upper deck seats , I probably would have paid it. I've been going to games since Shea Stadium . Giving up season tickets would be a tough decision . I understand that I can purchase single game seats easily on STUBHUB , but I like the idea of the same seat location every game . You can't teach an old dog new tricks .
    I understand. But you still have the seats and will be keeping them. You are not the segment of the fan base we are discussing. You're not a flight risk.

We're basically talking about the people who were one and doners in the UD. They came, they saw, they were out.

The argument is being made that PSLs would have kept those folks in those seats. My argument is that the vast majority would have given up the tickets entirely - before New Meadowlands opened -- because they were not going to pay a PSL period. No matter what.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The Jets announced, prior to the 2009 Jets/Ravens home opener, that they were sold out of non-Club seats for the season. By whatever definition the Jets, the NFL, and the TV networks put behind "sold out", that's what the Jets were. Here's a link, there are several others:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ener-vs-ravens

What happened after 2009 has much to do with Club seat discounts, additional seat allocations, and the exodus of the upper deck. Where I'm "wrong" is in my belief that there were enough diehard fans to fill the upper deck with regularity.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that all those supposed "diehard" "salt-of-the-Earth" "tatoo-dedicated" "been going since Shea" "bleeding green" would drop the Jets like a hot potato once we stopped making the playoffs. I was definitely "wrong" about that.

Where I was most definitely "right" was stating that there were as few as 11,000 seats that Jets fans would want- sideline or near it, lower than the UD, with affordable gameday prices and decent PSL prices. If you like the endzone view, add another 6,000 to that number. Those that listened have seats they enjoy to this day.

I was at the home opener. The place was full except for the Club seats, scattered bad value PSL's near the 30's, and the UD endzones. Attendance that day was 79,088. The stadium has a capacity of 82,500. 96% of the seats were sold and occupied. Are we really going to kill each other with this argument over 4%?

SAR I
    I believe it was DCAT (but could be someone else) who mentioned that in 135, on opening night in the Stadium) there were rows filled with military folk. Likewise, Raven fans bought blocks of tickets that were unsold for that night. The stadium was sold out, that is true. But PSLs weren't. I continued to receive calls hitting me up for PSLs throughout that summer and season. PSLs were pretty much available everywhere.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I believe it was DCAT (but could be someone else) who mentioned that in 135, on opening night in the Stadium) there were rows filled with military folk. Likewise, Raven fans bought blocks of tickets that were unsold for that night. The stadium was sold out, that is true. But PSLs weren't. I continued to receive calls hitting me up for PSLs throughout that summer and season. PSLs were pretty much available everywhere.
    Why let facts get in the way of pre-canned, recycled responses?

You're talking about opening night 2 years ago, right?

Military occupied about 20 -30 seats in 142. I am in 135. We had over a dozen friends and family of Ray Rice that night as well as several rows full of Ravens fans, many of whom told me they got the tix on stubhub. Those PSLs were not sold.

But that has not happened since then. Most of those PSLs have now been sold by the Jets. There are still about a dozen or two dozen left in 135 per my rep. But that's less than 3-4% of the section.
    Last edited by Dcat; 10-04-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The Jets hadn't laid off their PSL sales force yet, they had a couple scattered PSL seats, they had scores of Club seats, so they made a lot of calls. If it were your business you'd do the same thing. Could have been 10 seats, could have been 100. Either way, they had the staff sitting around and they used them.

By whatever standard "sold out" meant at Giants Stadium, it applied in MetLife Stadium for the 2009 season sans Club seats.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Why let facts get in the way of pre-canned, recycled responses?

You're a smart guy. Three datapoints for you. 2009 Giants Stadium, 2011 MetLife Stadium, 2012 YTD MetLife Stadium.

What do you see?

I see attendance at an all-time high.

I see a fill rate of 96%, same as in the old stadium despite pricey Club seats and 80,000 fans relocated.

I see attendance only 500 fans per game less than the Super Bowl champion New York Giants.

I see higher attendance than the New England Patriots and 29 other teams.

For years, we were told that as much as half the stadium was filled with Giants fans and ticket scalpers. No longer true in the PSL era. Therefore, there are more Jets fans than ever before enjoying their own stadium and filling it to the same percentage that they always have.

While it would be nice to have that last 4% attended, we're at the same historic level amazingly with Cub seats that are unsold and an upper deck that has been hurt by disloyal, quitting fans.

I don't see a problem here. Please remind me what it is again.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You're talking about opening night 2 years ago, right?

Military occupied about 20 -30 seats in 142. I am in 135. We had over a dozen friends and family of Ray Rice that night as well as several rows full of Ravens fans, many of whom told me they got the tix on stubhub. Those PSLs were not sold.

But that has not happened since then. Most of those PSLs have now been sold by the Jets. There are still about a dozen or two dozen left in 135 per my rep. But that's less than 3-4% of the section.
    Interesting... i spoke to my rep this morning and he said 135 is sold out. no longer can i pick up a few seats even if i wanted to.